What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Just sitting here so happy. My DIL came over and fixed my cell phone so my grandson in The Netherlands can text me. From Paris he went to Netherland and opened his own Coffee Shop. He roast the coffee beans and does everything himself. We are so proud of him. It is not easy for an American to open his own business over there.

Just sitting here so happy. My DIL came over and fixed my cell phone so my grandson in The Netherlands can text me. From Paris he went to Netherland and opened his own Coffee Shop. He roast the coffee beans and does everything himself. We are so proud of him. It is not easy for an American to open his own business over there.

Wonderful news, JoAnn! Looking forward to hearing more about your grandson's new business. Glad you're now able to keep up with him via texts. :)

Ugh....I think I'm going to have to take my laptop in for a 'tune-up', and I'm hoping that it's a minor fix. The fan starts running after just a minute or two and it seems like it's working harder than it should be, and taking longer to load pages. :(

Finalizing plans with Dad to get the bathroom repair in my house started tomorrow and help him with replacing the sub-floor in the bathroom in his house. Mom will take Shrek to radiation and we will get grubby.

Finalizing plans with Dad to get the bathroom repair in my house started tomorrow...and we will get grubby.
Tee Hee! "Get Grubby". Fun times, PF!

:cry: My baseball season is over! :cry: I wasn't ready for it to end this soon, especially since last year's outcome! :cry: I think I need to start (and finish?) one of these:

Attachments

• 20171012_000650.jpg
    20171012_000650.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 116
I have been going through dozens and dozens of profiles of rescue dogs in search of the "right one". Some of the stories are so sad I couldn't bear to have the dog because I would always be remembering where it came from. But there are also those that just call at you from the other side of the screen "pick me, pick me!"

We will be having a Skype interview next week which will be a talk with us and a walk through our place...which means the next thing I will be doing (besides a cake order for Saturday) is finding help to deal with the boxes that are still hanging around from our move. It isn't that bad but more than I can handle myself. TB will be hanging pictures, installing my pull-outs in two kitchen cupboards for my bowls and pots & pans, and assembling the last of the pantries we got. We just want the floors and stuff free of clutter.

And dear friends, I will take care not to do too much...which is why I said I have to find help. ;)

Were thismuchcloser to to fleeing out of this state.

I've been cleaning and sorting out the garage.Had my sons make a dump run yesterday.2 actually.1,700Lbs in total.Most of it was my hobby supplies that I couldn't find a home for.

Now I don't know if I even want to move.Women can be fickle.:rolleyes:

Today it's packing things up to give to Good Will.

LP :wub:, you'll find the perfect new furbaby match. Glad to hear you're getting everything settled in your new home, while taking it easy.
-----------------------------------
Munky...on the other hand, wow! No wonder we haven't heard from you much, you're the super organizer! :LOL: Wishing you and your family the best for a wonderful future in a new state. :cool::)

Munky, don't overdo! The last thing we need it to hear that you went ahead and got yourself sick. Take a break every once in a while, pour a cup of coffee (or an adult beverage), and stop by and spend a little time with your DC friends.

...I thought I would share the following with all of you.

https://www.facebook.com/aerrie.foggway/posts/862856830543482

My granddaughter sent it to me.
I don't know about anyone else, but whenever you put up a Facebook link all it does is send me to the top of my own newsfeed. I'm pretty sure your granddaughter doesn't know what my friend Kristen is up to. Well, that was tonight's lead story. Sometimes it's photos from Goober, and I doubt she's friends with Goober.

Just got back from our weekly Wal-Mart run, stopped at Wendy's for lunch.

Thanking the good Lord that no prisoners escaped last night, but sad that prisonh workers were killed.

Well, we think we may have our furbaby. We are just waiting for confirmation from the rescue society. We still have to have the skype interview but the dog is coming from Mexico on October 21st and is ours pending the interview. They have accepted our application so the interview is just to actually "meet" us and see where the pup will be. That will include TB actually taking the route down the elevator and across the street to the dog park, skyping on his cell phone!

So, while cakes are in the oven, I am unpacking or organizing. I will be tired after cake delivery tomorrow, but it will be a very good kind of tired.

Great news about the new furbaby adoption, LP!

---------------------------------------

I'm making up a batch of Vanishing Oatmeal Cookies. LOVE those! I'll keep some for here at home, the rest for my neighbors. Kicked it up a little notch by subbing dried cranberries for part of the raisins, and adding some chopped pecans. Smells good in here. :yum:

PF, how are those bathroom repairs coming? Or should I not be asking? :ermm:

I can't wait for you to let us know how things work out with the new furbaby, LP. Pictures would be nice, too. :rolleyes:

So, what am I doing? Well, it's pretty apparent that I'm online. :mrgreen: I've been sitting out in the sun room, taking advantage of what will be one of the last warm nights before the room is off limits except for sunny days. We've had a gentle rain for the last hour. Listening to it hitting the roof is so nice and relaxing. *sigh*

Back
Top Bottom