What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
just finished making pancakes with my daughter. She accidently put too much milk in, so I had to add more dry ingredients. Now, I have a huge batch left over. I guess its pancakes two days in a row....
Now, I am off to the dump. Gotta love rural living. The dump run...

When I was a kid we used to love the dump run.

We usually brought back more stuff than we left! :LOL:

I remember once the people next door took a nearly new ten speed to the dump because the gears were messed up, my stepfather brought it home and fixed it, you know the rest! :ermm::ohmy::LOL:

Now, I am off to the dump.
Reminds me of when I was a kid. My dad would borrow a friend's truck and haul stuff off to the dump. My little brother and I would ride along, and the entire way there we would sing (to the tune of the lone ranger theme), "to the dump, to the dump, to the dump dump dump..." :)

...and I'm still sitting here procrastinating.

Last edited:
I used to love it when Dad would take us to the dump as little kids. A fascinating place!

I'm planting the flats of greenhouse stuff I bought. Flowers, veggies, along with some herb seeds.

Hope you feel better soon, Andy. Sorry the eclairs didn't work their magic.

I interrupted the planting to start getting ready for a graduation party. Heh. Glad I looked at the invite again, as it's TOMORROW. Oops.

I just had to change the batteries AGAIN on my mouse. I think I am on this computer too much.

I need to go downstairs and check on my mail.

My daughter asked me to embroider her some scarves with matching doilies for her bedroom. So I ordered them today. I have been asking her to take a look at the ones I was looking at. So today I just ordered what I wanted to do. If she doesn't like what I chose, then I will give it to the church for the fair in the fall. And she will get nothing. They just finised doing over her bedroom. Even down to sanding the floors and refinishing them. I have been working on a lapghan for my granddaughter. But it is getting heavy and too warm to hold in my lap at this time of year. So I am going back to doing something light and easy. And I can take it with me when I have a doctors appointment.

I know what I want for Christmas coming. I want a floor stand for my embroidery. That way I will have both hands free for passing the needle back and forth with both hands. The one I want is only thirty-five dollars. I will probably end up buying it myself because I am too impatient to wait that long. :)

Watching a PBS broadcast of the 1956 B&W Lawrence Welk Mother's day show. I was in the 8th grade when it originally aired and my parents had purchased their firs TV about 3 years prior.

Last edited:
Watching a PBS broadcast of the 1956 B&W Lawrence Welk Mother's day show. I was in the 8th grade when it originally aired and my parents had purchased their firs TV about 3 years prior.

wow. it was about 1951 when my family bought our first tv. and our beautiful mint green used studebaker sedan that looked like a spacecraft with its four sectioned windows wrapped around the back. at the time i had no idea how lucky we were to have these remarkable things--just assumed all americans lived this way on under forty dollars a week....

I'm having a drink I shouldn't, thinking about what to do tomorrow. A few friends are coming over, and it isn't much of a big deal. Sent (slightly tipsy) husband off to bed an hour ago and am heading that way myself.

Coming home from an exhausting weekend. The auction is over for the estate sale. It took alot of teamwork to pull it off. It involved alot of moving boxes & furniture for 2 very full days. We decided we will need to postpone mother's day until next weekend. It's so cute, the 3 kids across the street came over & gave me a bright red carnation. It's a good thing to keep dh sleeping.

Welcome home, Simonbaker! How exhausting, hope you can get some rest. These life events can be so trying.

I've been planting like a mad fiend all yesterday and today, and am finally down to 2 Magilla Perillas, a couple purple spready things, some herbs, a bunch of seeds, and one last New Guinea impatiens. Got the peppers, toms, petunias, et al in the pots and beds. I was on a roll, so let DH go to the grad party without me. I'm covered in potting soil.

Looking forward to Survivor Finale! (and a shower).

Last edited:
Finally getting on the computer after several days away. It looks like its going to take me a while to catch up!

Finally! A day completely off with no Dr appointments (for ANYone that it affects me), & no obligations to anyone. I think I will silence my phone a while. The possibilities for today are endless. Among one will be baking. See 'what are you baking today'. Lots of cleaning & rearranging also.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom