"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 11-12-2013, 10:55 PM   #14701
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Listening to The Voice, jumping up and down when they announce who's been saved, eating a pear and giggling over Shrek telling me the cats are still looking for me. Apparently Latté thinks I'm closed up in the bedroom.

Old 11-13-2013, 01:14 AM   #14702
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawgluver View Post
Pondering. I was actually excited about jury duty this morning. Criminal case. Had my Kindle at the ready for down times. All of us potential jurors showed up, but after 2 hours the defendant didn't, so we were dismissed. Now the guy has a warrant for failure to appear, and is in really big trouble!
Was wondering how that went, dawgluver. Yikes...yeah he is in DS now, even worse than before.

Old 11-13-2013, 05:56 AM   #14703
Chef Extraordinaire

I'll be firing up the smoker in a couple hours. I've got some Canadian bacon to make.
Old 11-13-2013, 07:53 AM   #14704
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

E-mailing back and forth with Shrek, trying to wake up...have to call my co-worker in a few minutes to wake her up.

After class today there is a group of us headed to Costco...they say the store here is twice as big as the one in Missoula. Yes, I go on a vacay to visit Costco...
Old 11-13-2013, 09:15 AM   #14705
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessFiona60 View Post
E-mailing back and forth with Shrek, trying to wake up...have to call my co-worker in a few minutes to wake her up.

After class today there is a group of us headed to Costco...they say the store here is twice as big as the one in Missoula. Yes, I go on a vacay to visit Costco...

If you ever come visit me, we have to go to Ikea. Ours is the biggest one in North America.

I'm trying to wake up. I have a Danish Club lunch today and I have to drop off the car to have the winter wheels with the snow tires put on the car. It's a short walk from Swedish Auto to the Royal Canadian Legion, where we have the luncheons.

I'm waiting to hear if they need me to print out the financial reports. The president was going to do that, but his internet connection is down, so he can't access them.
Old 11-13-2013, 04:56 PM   #14706
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katie H View Post
Whoa! I've spent most of today gauging how to bake the quantity of French bread necessary for my friend's fundraiser. Been a challenge but I think I've gotten a handle on it.

The rest of today has been occupied with assorted chores and odd tasks.

One of my projects today was to create a gift for one of our granddaughters who will be 10 in December.

A number of months ago I came across the cutest little flower arrangement pot(?)/container. Looks like a cupcake.

Well, I immediately thought of our sweet little girl. So I got busy with my hot glue gun and some flower "parts" and created some nail polish "flowers."

So...

She'll have her birthday soon and she's into "girlie" stuff. I thought we'd give her a nail polish "bouquet." What do you think?

Oh my goodness my 12 year old granddaughter would love one of those. You have given me a great idea. Thanks, Jo
Old 11-13-2013, 05:08 PM   #14707
Chef Extraordinaire

I just finally got around to firing up the smoker. I had forgotten about the bacon needing to dry out in the refrigerator a bit (unwrapped), hence the delay.
So now I'm hoping 3/4 chimney will see it through. It's cold out there.
Old 11-13-2013, 06:48 PM   #14708
Master Chef

Dawg, speaking of jury duty, I'm sitting here thinking "I'm free at last" after a solid week. I was put on a jury late last Wed. and we came to a verdict just before noon today. I counted up today how many times I have been called over the years, and I have shown up 21 times and served on four criminal trials including this one. I don't begrudge any time I've served, but stick a fork in me, I'm done.
I'll turn 70 next month (gulp, shudder) and in this state one is no longer required to serve if one doesn't feel up to it at that age. I still feel up to snorkeling, but it's time to retire my "juror" badge and let them call someone else.

Kayelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 06:58 PM   #14709
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Whoa! Kayelle, most folks NEVER get called for jury duty! I thought I was special as I've been called 5 times. A Latina friend told me that when she lived in CA, she kept getting called too, 3 times, and chalked it up to being a minority.

Yep, I think you're done!
Old 11-13-2013, 07:38 PM   #14710
Master Chef

Dawg, there was a 67 yr old man on this jury who had never seen the inside of a courtroom and had never been called to serve before. I haven't a
clue why I've been called so many times as I've sure never won any lottery, as mush as I've tried.
I was nearly sure I would be eliminated from jury selection this time when I told them that Steve sometimes flies for Civil Air Patrol, along the Mexican border in conjunction with the DEA, and this was a drug case. People are often eliminated if they have an uncle in law enforcement for pete sake.

Kayelle is offline   Reply With Quote