What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Building a simple mouse trap here at work. A rat has been chewing at my bags of cereal and trail mix which I keep here at my desk.

I would let the rat have the cereal and the desk, they would be scraping me off of the ceiling!!! :ermm::ohmy::LOL:

smart-rat1.jpg

We have a computer program called "My Chart." Within 48 hours all tests results are posted on it for me to check out. The chart is maintained by the hospital. I also have one for Winthrop. They do my blood work and other tests that the hospital doesn't do. And they give me any and al shots I may need. They show up on the chart also. Between the two charts all my medical history is available to me. Even my stays in the hospital. Including Doctors and nurses notes. I love the system. It keeps track of all my appointments with my different doctors and their specialty. I get a notice in my Email the day before just in case I forgot about it or haven't checked My Chart.

My mom has My chart for her Dr's also but something called e-Chart for the hospital. I have her entire hospital chart from when she was in the hospital in Norfolk for the aneurysm. Mom still likes to go to the Dr for the results to be explained to her after tests, though.

My mom has My chart for her Dr's also but something called e-Chart for the hospital. I have her entire hospital chart from when she was in the hospital in Norfolk for the aneurysm. Mom still likes to go to the Dr for the results to be explained to her after tests, though.

The average person needs some medical education or have a very high IQ to understand medical procedures and the language. It can be confusion to some folks.

I still haven't received the results of my Cat Scan. It was done when I was in the middle of a really bad chest cold. So I if I am not mistaken, my lungs must have looked like I had walking pneumonia. That was two weeks ago and I was so sick. I still am at the tail end of this cold.

Munky! :LOL: I'm surprised that you or Mr. Munky haven't tossed your crazy neighbor on the grill by now. :glare: I think you need a bigger grill...

As you wish!

Her name is Cupcake (we decided to stay with that) and she is 4 months old...
She is absolutely adorable, LP! :heart: I'm so sorry it took me so long to post, but I kinda forgot about it because of all the posts that followed her photo - which looks like all personality.

Speaking of posts, I started another thread called The Sick Room for us to gather and share our aches and pains. We're all getting older, achier, and crabbier. Well, I qualify for item #3. Anyway, I'm hoping that rather than complaining in multiple threads, we can have one "room" we can hang out in talking about our aches and pains. This way we can keep other threads more on topic rather than turning them all into "Petty Vents" threads. :ermm: As if we stay on topic around here. :ROFLMAO:

With a little luck, maybe the Sick Room visitors will share some of our old magazines to read while we're hanging around. :LOL:

The average person needs some medical education or have a very high IQ to understand medical procedures and the language. It can be confusion to some folks.

I still haven't received the results of my Cat Scan. It was done when I was in the middle of a really bad chest cold. So I if I am not mistaken, my lungs must have looked like I had walking pneumonia. That was two weeks ago and I was so sick. I still am at the tail end of this cold.

I totally understand that, Addie. Hope the results turn out good. Colds seem to hag on longer as you get older.

I am enjoying a sense of accomplishment. In addition to three loads of laundry (blankets and quilts - season change means bed covering change), I got a small batch of lemons preserving (only three Meyer lemons), got the last batch of pickles brining (only 9 cucumbers), and made a yummy supper - with enough soup left over for tomorrow night. Now I'm getting my alcohol rubdown (inside-out) and nibbling on a piece of bagel. All in all, a pretty good day.

I am never ever moving again! :mad:

I am looking for my passport so I can go with TB on Friday to pick up our puppy at the Seattle airport.

I had surgery just before we moved and the office was, of course, one of the rooms I didn't get done before. TB's co-worker packed it and we haven't a clue where anything is as she just marked all the boxes "office" no matter what was in them. I am a crafter, TB is a techno geek so there are a LOT of things in our office!

Hope you find your passport LP!

This wouldn't work for you, but I keep my passport in the handbag I use exclusively for airline travel. I made the mistake of packing that handbag in our luggage once when we were being transported from the overnight hotel to a cruise ship. What a mess that was!!

Thanks, CG and Kayelle!
Yes, I did find it in the fourth place we looked. The upside is that means four more boxes have been emptied and most of the contents have new homes.

So, I can go across to get our new fur-baby and also with one of my new friends to do some shopping once in a while.

Now I am resting up as we are going to Costco tonight - for dinner with TB's brother and our niece, and for a few items, we need to pick up. It has become our regular Monday thing now that we live close to family and it is nice that our niece is in town so we can catch up with her.

I'm trying to figure out what to do with the rest of the day. I made the second of two visits to the Social Security office in one week this morning. They took out the lawyer's fee and say they gave it to her already. She says she didn't receive it. Problem is, what they withheld and gave to her is more than I signed for in the contract, so I am now owed almost $2000 by the lawyer. I'm wondering how long this game of you-got-the-money-no-I-didn't is going to play on.

But it's nice to think that for once, a lawyer owes me money instead of the other way around.

Glad you found it, LP!

RR....I hope that mess gets straightened out soon.

I'm ignoring Tyler right now - he got in trouble at school today for talking out of turn (continuing to interrupt his teacher), and now he's got an attitude. :rolleyes: :LOL:

I've never gotten a text - usually I have to call the night before to see if my number came up for the next morning.

I've never gotten a text - usually I have to call the night before to see if my number came up for the next morning.

Our county has a pretty nice system. You can do all your "paperwork" online, and the evening before scheduled Jury Duty, you can log on or call an automated system to find out your status, or, when you register online the first time, you can opt to receive text notification of whether or not you need to appear.

CD

Our county has a pretty nice system. You can do all your "paperwork" online, and the evening before scheduled Jury Duty, you can log on or call an automated system to find out your status, or, when you register online the first time, you can opt to receive text notification of whether or not you need to appear.

CD

Our county has an option I like. Not too long ago I got a jury duty notice. They listed reasons why I could opt out. One was my age, so I jumped on it. No more JD for me.

I'm not quite at the opt out age yet, but last year I got a jury summons and I checked "yes" when it said "do you have any family members in local law enforcement?" (my son-in-law). I thought I'd be disqualified for that but for the first time, my number came up anyway. I was actually kind of hoping to be selected to sit on a jury for the first time ever.

I'm in a fairly small one-judge town, the courthouse is only a mile away, and the judge's wife has been my best friend for 20 years. :ohmy: I went the next morning, thinking the odds were slim that my name would be called in that random bingo-type basket of 60 or so names. Well it was, my name was the very last one called and I had to sit there and answer questions from not only my friend the judge who was just doing his job, but the defense attorney for the accused, who happened to be the one who represented my ex-husband 25 years ago in our divorce. :ohmy::LOL: Holy cow, needless to say I was disqualified. :LOL:

Last edited:
I've had to serve Grand Jury once, but I've gotten out of every other jury duty by stating that I work for CBS News. No one, not the prosecutor or defense attorneys, like people who follow current events.

Back
Top Bottom