What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Did the double take on puppy-fying, too! :LOL: I knew what you meant LP, but it was still funny. I know you're not going to fry puppies. :ROFLMAO:

Hope Monkey and the kitties welcome the newbie sooner than later! Looking forward to more info and pics about the newest furry family member.

I'm entering another classic car auction season. From now until christmas, I'll be doing a lot of traveling. I am flying home from Seattle now.

I did an all-day photoshoot yesterday. It was cold and windy, but the cars were nice, and the scenery was easy to work in.

For anyone interested, here are a few shots from yesterday. A Corvette, a Caddy, and a Packard.

CD

Attachments

• Sample005.jpg
    Sample005.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 128
  • Sample006.jpg
    Sample006.jpg
    48.5 KB · Views: 106
  • Sample010.jpg
    Sample010.jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 124
Getting ready to launch sometime Saturday afternoon. Got the car all cleaned on the inside (smells fresh, like Murphy's Oil Soap :heart: ), packed up all of the snack foods except for the sandwiches. Those will be assembled right before we leave and packed into the cooler, along with veggies, and cheese sticks. Laundry is all washed and dried. I have my stuff lined up and will pack my luggage before I shower and sleep. I'm pretty sure I won't be seeing the sun come up before I lay down...

...For anyone interested, here are a few shots from yesterday. A Corvette, a Caddy, and a Packard.

CD

Great photos, CD. I'm a fan of antique/classic cars. The father of my buddy in college was a collector. My friend and I drove their '54 Packard convertible to school on occasion. Black with red leather interior. Fantastic!

SO is off on a road trip to FL with her sister. They're driving DS's car to FL where DS and BIL are moving. They'll drive over three days and spend the rest of the week there for R&R before flying home.

GD and I are left behind until she gets a flight, then I'll be on my own.

I bought a rack of lamb for one of my dinners but can't do that until after Monday when I'm scheduled for a colonoscopy. We'll have dinner tonight then the "cleanse" begins.

Last edited:
Sitting here eating some popcorn I made. Just a small bowl. Saturday afternoon, my apartment is clean, nothing to do. Maybe work on some of my sewing later on.

The nurse just left. Right now I am waiting for the pain to subside. She accidently put her finger right into the wound. I have never felt so much love for Lidocaine!

We just got back from shopping and I'm exhausted. We started at the farmers market - no eggs available today, but I did get some fresh corn on the cob and green beans.

Then we went to the new outlet mall in Norfolk. DH and I both got two pairs of shoes at Skechers - I love the foam bottoms and one of my pair is slip-ons that look like sneakers. They're very comfortable.

Then we went to the international grocery store nearby. Just got a few things there and my feet were killing me, so we had to leave. May have been a bit over-ambitious today. Resting now while DH watches a ball game. No idea what kind of ball [emoji38]

I hope this isn't TMI... :)

There are life changes afoot in my household..

I, personally, have been priced out of living in my very expensive home town. Jeannie and I are natives of Monterey Bay.
I need to go back to Missouri, where my daughter lives. Jeannie needs to stay in her home town, where she has family. Jeannie can well afford to live on her own, I live on SS..
We will make life changes in December.

There is absolutely no animosity in our deciding to make these changes. Its a common sense decision in both our minds. We are 78, we have had a very nice, comfortable marriage and moving on will not cause either trauma nor drama for either of us. My daughter and Jeannie's 3 children totally understand and are supportive.

I bring this up only because cooking and baking will not be taking a lot of my time until after the new year. I take great pleasure in DC and want that to continue. If I'm not participating as much as normal (for me) over the next 2 months, its because I'm busy doing busy stuff and working on the next chapter in my life..

Ross... :)

Wow Ross, that is a major move for you. But I understand. I was in a wheelchair and living on the second floor.

When I had to leave my own apartment in another town close to Eastie, I moved in my daughter's home in the basement apartment. Immediately she placed my name on the list for elderly housing here where I am now. Fortunately she knew a politician (a very close school time friend) and my name went to the top on the list. And here I have been for the past ten years.

Like you I am on only SS. And my rent is only one-third of my income.

Good luck with the next adventure in your life. At least you will be with family.

I hope this isn't TMI... :)

There are life changes afoot in my household..

I, personally, have been priced out of living in my very expensive home town. Jeannie and I are natives of Monterey Bay.
I need to go back to Missouri, where my daughter lives. Jeannie needs to stay in her home town, where she has family. Jeannie can well afford to live on her own, I live on SS..
We will make life changes in December.

There is absolutely no animosity in our deciding to make these changes. Its a common sense decision in both our minds. We are 78, we have had a very nice, comfortable marriage and moving on will not cause either trauma nor drama for either of us. My daughter and Jeannie's 3 children totally understand and are supportive.

I bring this up only because cooking and baking will not be taking a lot of my time until after the new year. I take great pleasure in DC and want that to continue. If I'm not participating as much as normal (for me) over the next 2 months, its because I'm busy doing busy stuff and working on the next chapter in my life..

Ross... :)

I'm glad to hear you are both in agreement, though still, some of the most stressful things in life, are separating from a loved one, and moving. Since you both are doing both, it must be a little heart wrenching. I wish you both the best. Be gentle with yourselves.

I echo Bliss.
If both of you really want this, it's understandable Ross. As an older couple ourselves, we can't help but hope that somehow the two of you could find another solution and stay together. Know that you have friends here who are wanting to help in any way possible.

Ross, since you and your dear Jeannie are dealing with this situation so pragmatically, I'll deal with feeling sadness for the two of you. I suppose you could be all modern and cool and say you are "uncoupling". No matter what you call your circumstances, know that you have friends here that will offer a shoulder to lean on if you need it.

Back
Top Bottom