"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 11-18-2013, 01:04 PM   #14781
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by kadesma View Post
No not selfish, it's nice to know someone cares big time I'll be thinking of you and your app. Wishing you all the best sweetie.
hugs
ma
Kadesma, I am sitting here with my leg all wrapped up and a boot on my foot. I broke a small bone in my foot and kept quiet about it. The last thing I wanted was this. I figured if I stayed off it, eventually it would heal. But today I had an appointment with a new foot doctor. I sort of mentioned it to him, that I think I sprained it. So danged if he didn't have x-ray equipment right there in his office. Sure enough, the break showed right up. I am so pissed at myself. I should have kept my mouth shut, yet I know I did the right thing. So for the next six weeks, it will be weekly trips to the foot doctor for more x-rays and a checkup. On the x-ray you could see the scar on the bone from the previous break. So the chances of healing right on its own was almost nil. I would end up with a limp. So I sit here pissed at myself and yet I know I did the right thing. Danged if I do and danged if I don't.

Take care of that leg. I ended up in a wheelchair for four months and major surgery to put a graft on my leg.

Old 11-18-2013, 02:01 PM   #14782
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Location: I live in the Heartland of the United States - Western Kentucky
As much as the smell of bread baking is wonderful, I'm at olfactory overload with that. Ten loaves of French bread on Friday, 12 on Saturday and another 10 yesterday and, so far 8 today. It's nice to smell the fragrance of sauteeing onions and beef as I prepare for tonight's supper.

There's something about the "promise" of something good when I smell onions cooking.

So..."what I'm doing" is relishing in the fragrance of the prep for tonight's supper, then I'm going to sit down, put my feet up and listen to an audio book.

Old 11-18-2013, 02:06 PM   #14783
Chef Extraordinaire

I'm watching the tube. Catching up on all the football I missed yesterday because I was watching Rich Man, Poor Man.
This morning I fixed a fence. The wind blew so hard last night it snapped a 4x4 post off at ground level. It's miserable here. Which is why I am sitting inside.
Old 11-18-2013, 02:24 PM   #14784
Certified Pretend Chef

I thought I had a slow leak in a tire so I took the car up to the local garage and walked home. I soon got a call telling me it wasn't the tire but the tire pressure monitoring system. That should be covered by warranty so I'll have to get to the dealer this week.

Just put a chocolate cake in the oven for our grandson's birthday. He's here tomorrow so we'll have a cake and ice cream for a snack.
Old 11-18-2013, 02:34 PM   #14785
Master Chef

Site Moderator

I'm sitting our smallest dog this afternoon. We noticed last night she had split one of her front nails. Took her to the veterinary and they clipped it WAY back and wrapped her foot. The bandage can come off this evening but she needed to be watched so she didn't chew it off. I now have anti-biotic for her and pain meds as needed. Since she didn't show any pain when it happened I don't think she will need many of them. I gave her one when we got home and she has settled down.
Old 11-18-2013, 03:57 PM   #14786
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Back from my appointments, think I'll take a nap.
Old 11-18-2013, 04:13 PM   #14787
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveSoMD View Post
I'm sitting our smallest dog this afternoon. We noticed last night she had split one of her front nails. Took her to the veterinary and they clipped it WAY back and wrapped her foot. The bandage can come off this evening but she needed to be watched so she didn't chew it off. I now have anti-biotic for her and pain meds as needed. Since she didn't show any pain when it happened I don't think she will need many of them. I gave her one when we got home and she has settled down.
Aw, poor doggie. Give her a hug from us and I hope she heals quickly.
Old 11-18-2013, 09:03 PM   #14788
Master Chef

Site Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by taxlady View Post
Aw, poor doggie. Give her a hug from us and I hope she heals quickly.
I will. She is being her usual stubborn self, so she is feeling better.
Old 11-18-2013, 09:11 PM   #14789
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveSoMD View Post

I will. She is being her usual stubborn self, so she is feeling better.
Good to hear!
Old 11-18-2013, 11:14 PM   #14790
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Glad the Doggie is better, Dave.

« Petty Vents | - »