What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Sometimes those tears of a woman can bring about a miracle. When are men going to learn that women know how to use the weapons God gave them? ;);)

Glad to hear the happy ending medtran. Good job!

Thanks Addie, but I wasn't deliberately crying, just at end of my rope after a couple of days of car shopping.

Princess, I am sorry to hear about your accident, the deer and your having to deal with the insurance. I barely missed a family of deer at night on the highway from Regina to Rapid City SD. Sending you big hugs.

You were in Rapid City? That's just a few hours from here.

Doing better, looking at a red Dodge Charger.:rolleyes:

Had our household goods sale today.. Sold most everything we had hoped to.. On the 21st, a local charity will pick up all that is left.. We will have an empty (for the most part) apartment for 10 days...

A long hard day but, happy that it went as well as it did... :)

Ross

Boy, do I have my days and nights mixed up right now. I had trouble falling asleep Friday night/Saturday morning. Got up early-ish, then ended up sleeping for a couple of hours on Saturday. And here I sit...

We were supposed to leave for OH on Saturday. Weather for about 100 miles through PA (along I-80) looked iffy, at best, for Sunday driving. They were predicting freezing rain for when we would be in that area. We decided to leave MA on Sunday, so we'll be driving through that area Monday. Now it looks like we should have left on Saturday! :wacko: Whatever. Himself can handle it with no problem, and I can sleep through as much of the drive as I want. :LOL:

Had our household goods sale today.. Sold most everything we had hoped to.. On the 21st, a local charity will pick up all that is left.. We will have an empty (for the most part) apartment for 10 days...

A long hard day but, happy that it went as well as it did... :)

Ross
Please forgive that this is a bit long...

Thought I'd share a happy experience of our sale...

While it isn't always wonderful to have strangers walk through the house, one scene was delightful..

Through a notice I placed in a local forum, I received a reply from a lady asking if I had a queen size bed for sale. I replied that I did and she said she is disabled and she would like to drop by to see the bed..

OK.. A little back story.. We decided that all which didn't sell would be donated to a local thrift shop which does charity work. The only thing is, they will not take mattresses. Fearing I'd be stuck with a bed to dispose of, we decided to offer it at no cost to whomever would like to have it.

So... about 3 hours into the sale, the disabled lady and two gentlemen came. They all appeared to be in their late 70's and it was very obvious that they are aging hippies (meant in a very good way).. I took her to the bedroom and told her that, if she liked the bed, she could have it at no charge.. I asked one favor.. As we will be here until the end of the month, we would like to keep the bed as long as possible. She was very pleased and said they would be happy to pick it up on the 31st. Every one was happy..

Her husband came into the bedroom, looked around and asked her if she would like to have any of the furniture/wall hangings, etc. She said she really liked everything in the bedroom.. He asked me to make a deal.. We laughed and started bargaining.. He bought every single item in the room..

He then walked me into the living room, picking and handing to Jeannie, most all the price tags for kitchen items, decorations, etc.. He also picked out a recliner, bookcase and TV stand.. His wife laughed, watching him, as Jeannie got out her calculator and totaled everything.. This 82 year old, obvious hippy, :) pulled a cloth bag from his pocket and counted out what he owed and we made arrangement for pickup..

I told him that I was amazed he bought so much.. He told me that, by giving the bed to his wife, I made her happy and he just wanted to take everything he believed they could use..

How is that for a fun sale?? :)

Ross

Last edited:
CG....you two be safe on your trip, let us know about the foodie places along the way :chef:, and see ya when you get a minute or two!

Ross...delightful story and thank you for sharing. Win-win for all.

Thanks, Cheryl. We got a very late start today and still made it to the halfway point before 10. Yeah, we travel late. [emoji53] We'll get out early tomorrow, though, since we'll be at Loverly's place about 7 hours later. Can't wait!

Please forgive that this is a bit long...

Thought I'd share a happy experience of our sale...

While it isn't always wonderful to have strangers walk through the house, one scene was delightful..

Through a notice I placed in a local forum, I received a reply from a lady asking if I had a queen size bed for sale. I replied that I did and she said she is disabled and she would like to drop by to see the bed..

OK.. A little back story.. We decided that all which didn't sell would be donated to a local thrift shop which does charity work. The only thing is, they will not take mattresses. Fearing I'd be stuck with a bed to dispose of, we decided to offer it at no cost to whomever would like to have it.

So... about 3 hours into the sale, the disabled lady and two gentlemen came. They all appeared to be in their late 70's and it was very obvious that they are aging hippies (meant in a very good way).. I took her to the bedroom and told her that, if she liked the bed, she could have it at no charge.. I asked one favor.. As we will be here until the end of the month, we would like to keep the bed as long as possible. She was very pleased and said they would be happy to pick it up on the 31st. Every one was happy..

Her husband came into the bedroom, looked around and asked her if she would like to have any of the furniture/wall hangings, etc. She said she really liked everything in the bedroom.. He asked me to make a deal.. We laughed and started bargaining.. He bought every single item in the room..

He then walked me into the living room, picking and handing to Jeannie, most all the price tags for kitchen items, decorations, etc.. He also picked out a recliner, bookcase and TV stand.. His wife laughed, watching him, as Jeannie got out her calculator and totaled everything.. This 82 year old, obvious hippy, :) pulled a cloth bag from his pocket and counted out what he owed and we made arrangement for pickup..

I told him that I was amazed he bought so much.. He told me that, by giving the bed to his wife, I made her happy and he just wanted to take everything he believed they could use..

How is that for a fun sale?? :)

Ross

Good karma!!! :ermm::ohmy::LOL:

72cccc8eddd0882fdbfd099eb892b538--hippie-life-hippie-gypsy.jpg

Last edited:
What memories, Addie? After all, the saying goes "if you can remember the 60s, you really weren't there". ��

:ROFLMAO::LOL:

I was already married with children so, I missed out on that part..

Oh geeze, I'm gonna say it and get slammed....

I did enjoy the "Burn you bra" movement tho.. Picture an innocent young man trying to not allow his eyes to stay in one place too much... :pig: :ROFLMAO::LOL:

Ross

Been really busy lately getting ready to go.
Packed up 9 boxes of goodies from my kitchen yesterday and loaded up the truck for good will. I still have more. The way I figure it is if it can be replaced at the new house let it go, less to pack and move.

Nobody gets my cast iron collection.;)

Today it's the living rooms turn. I have no idea how were going to get rid of the entertainment center. It's solid oak and heavy.

The mailman just brought me a new vacuum.GOOOD MORNIN' MUNKY!:ohmy:
I let my son use my last one,it took him 10 minutes to break it. And they wonder why I don't want them using my stuff.

Munky.

Munky, I didn't realize you are moving! I am still unpacking. Yesterday it was all my linens and stuff. I don't have a linen closet and have just way too much stuff we don't use like a 3 foot high (no exaggeration, I measured it) stack of pillowcases that don't get used. They are miss-matched, worn out or just plain ugly (lol).

BTW, your little girl has found that sleeping on top of two Christmas decoration totes with a black towel on top is the purrfect place to catch a cat nap and stay out of the way of Miley who just wants to play with her. It also helps that the totes are right next to the tree (which Monkey loves) and the entrance to the kitchen to keep an eye on the food & treats cupboard! :LOL:

Munky, I didn't realize you are moving! I am still unpacking. Yesterday it was all my linens and stuff. I don't have a linen closet and have just way too much stuff we don't use like a 3 foot high (no exaggeration, I measured it) stack of pillowcases that don't get used. They are miss-matched, worn out or just plain ugly (lol).

BTW, your little girl has found that sleeping on top of two Christmas decoration totes with a black towel on top is the purrfect place to catch a cat nap and stay out of the way of Miley who just wants to play with her. It also helps that the totes are right next to the tree (which Monkey loves) and the entrance to the kitchen to keep an eye on the food & treats cupboard! :LOL:

Yes were moving. We've had to put the move off for a few years.
Now we have the attitude (Just do it!) We don't care anymore. (Badger's back):LOL:

For an idea on the pillow cases. You could stuff them with the other cases.
Make a nice cushy bed and sew the seams closed. Animal shelters would greatly appreciate them.

As for Monkey. She sure makes me proud.:LOL:
Too bad I can't show her how to climb the tree and pounce on unsuspecting puppies. Heh, made you jump!:LOL::LOL::ROFLMAO:

Munky.

Back
Top Bottom