What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I had to nuke the most beautiful black and white wasp who had built a lovely paper nest under the vent right next to the watering hose. Felt terrible, but every time I went to turn the hose on, she got mad and tried to chase me away. Those stings are nasty!

I had to nuke the most beautiful black and white wasp who had built a lovely paper nest under the vent right next to the watering hose. Felt terrible, but every time I went to turn the hose on, she got mad and tried to chase me away. Those stings are nasty!
Bummer. But, you are right, those stings are nasty, much worse than bee stings. Nice to see someone else who appreciates insects.

If you get stung, a paste of MSG will take the pain away immediately and help remove the stinger. Of all the things I have taught her over the years, she tells me that little tip is the very best one. :angel:

Thanks, Bliss! That was great!! I loved the way the students seemed to know something was going on but wouldn't look. Cool video!

Waking up for work. In another week I take over the reins from my boss who is having surgery and will be gone for three weeks. I'm getting a bit nervous about it. So many things to keep track of...

Just getting ready to go to work & drop off the daughter to school. The lease is up on the van today so we will need to deal with that. Tomorrow is the last day of school.

Waking up for work. In another week I take over the reins from my boss who is having surgery and will be gone for three weeks. I'm getting a bit nervous about it. So many things to keep track of...
You'll do great. I know that, partly, because you are nervous. Remember, delegate.

I am getting ready to head into Vancouver for my pain program and my swallow test to see what is going on with my throat. I am still having kidney pain and am relying on my learned methods of dealing with it as I can't eat, drink or take any medication until after the test. The eating part is okay because I haven't been anyway. But not being able to drink anything is the challenge.

But I have a very positive attitude about everything. I had a chat last night with one of my Dad's old University buddies from Ontario. He calls me every once in awhile to chat...I know he misses Dad a lot. He said Dad would be proud of me on how I have been handling things. That meant a lot.

It's been dry, dry, dry here. We have had only .6 of an inch of rain during the last 2 months. In view of that and the fact that "arthur" has seriously taken up residence in the joints in both of our bodies and also that our looney dog, Harley, loooooooves to dig, we decided not to put in a garden this year.

So, in light of all those factors, this morning Glenn and I planted a small garden of sorts in some of those upside down planters. Between thrift stores and a bargain, we ended up with three of them. One only has a single port in the bottom, but the other two have the bottom one plus multiple side ports.

When we were done, we had 4 roma tomato plants, one each of red, green, orange, and yellow bell peppers, a grape tomato plant and, on top of two of the planters, I put a tarragon plant in one and a thyme in the other.

The herbs will grow nicely and the added benefit is that they will help to keep the moisture in the body of the planter.

There was a "stowaway" in the green pepper plant pot that looks something like a cucumber, zucchini, squash or melon of some sort. I put that in a separate pot to see what we'll get. Or....it might simply be a weed. Only time will tell.

I can taste the grape tomatoes already.

I'm watching the guys massacre the bushes and trees across the street. You'd think they'd teach them a bit about pruning before setting them loose with a chainsaw. Yikes.

I'm also watching my young kitten bug the stuffing out of the older cat. He is going to whomp her pretty soon. Thinking about babetoo and hoping her kitties came home.

You will do fine. Otherwise you would not have been chosen to do the job. Good Luck. :) :angel:

More experience, more skills, PF pretty soon you'll be so valuable they'll pay you what you're really worth (priceless)!

Sitting down & relaxing for 30 minutes. Enjoyed listening to the daughter practice piano for about 20 minutes, checking emails quick like then I'm off to my aqua chi class. Maybe dh will figure out supper tonight?

PrincessFiona60 said:

Congrats! You'll be fine! Obviously this says something about your capabilities and the fact folks know you'll do the job right.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom