"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 11-19-2013, 05:09 PM   #14791
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

I was looking up other recipes for turkey necks and found one for turkey necks and collard greens.

I didn't like the recipe but have made heavenly collard greens in the past, so I'm planning a new version using the turkey neck meat and stock, plus a recipe for my own cajun spice blend.

If you can't see the bright side of life, polish the dull side.
Zhizara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 05:23 PM   #14792
Chef Extraordinaire

I'm stripping dried herbs from their stems and refilling my herb jars. Then I'll start slicing veg for chicken fajitas for tonight's dinner.

Old 11-19-2013, 05:57 PM   #14793
Chef Extraordinaire

I am sitting here wallowing in misery and suffering with pain from my broken foot. How can one bone so small cause so much misery? I am having a major pity party. Every little thing is irritating me. Too many medical appointments this month. I am sick of staying in bed resting my foot. Too many lights on in my apartment. Dust on my desktop. The printer cover is not on the printer. Too many pills to take each day. I just washed the floors a few days ago and already there is a spot on the kitchen floor. Why can't that dang floor stay clean? I feel like I am having PMS!

I wanted to rip of the fixings on my foot and leg as soon as I got home yesterday, but I would hear it big time from so many people that it wasn't worth it.

But I did get to order my Christmas present from my daughter today. She tried to order it when she was on the chemo and screwed it all up big time. So I had to cancel her order, she then gave me her card no. and I did it for her. What she ordered would have cost her over $300.00. What I want cost only $26.00. A big difference. It is a floor stand to hold my embroidery. I can use both hands with it instead of holding the hoop with one hand while I sew with the other. It is something I always considered a luxury item and never bought for myself. Poo will be getting me my KA cover. I will be one happy lady come Christmas.

Now if only I could get out of this pity party. I seem to be the only attendant. Anyone want to join me? Come on in. The door is wide open.
Old 11-19-2013, 06:26 PM   #14794
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addie View Post
I am sitting here wallowing in misery and suffering with pain from my broken foot. How can one bone so small cause so much misery? I am having a major pity party. Every little thing is irritating me. Too many medical appointments this month. I am sick of staying in bed resting my foot. Too many lights on in my apartment. Dust on my desktop. The printer cover is not on the printer. Too many pills to take each day. I just washed the floors a few days ago and already there is a spot on the kitchen floor. Why can't that dang floor stay clean? I feel like I am having PMS!

I wanted to rip of the fixings on my foot and leg as soon as I got home yesterday, but I would hear it big time from so many people that it wasn't worth it.

But I did get to order my Christmas present from my daughter today. She tried to order it when she was on the chemo and screwed it all up big time. So I had to cancel her order, she then gave me her card no. and I did it for her. What she ordered would have cost her over $300.00. What I want cost only $26.00. A big difference. It is a floor stand to hold my embroidery. I can use both hands with it instead of holding the hoop with one hand while I sew with the other. It is something I always considered a luxury item and never bought for myself. Poo will be getting me my KA cover. I will be one happy lady come Christmas.

Now if only I could get out of this pity party. I seem to be the only attendant. Anyone want to join me? Come on in. The door is wide open.
I will join you Addie, I have had a terrible day. Dh came to work in a bad mood & it's been the pits all day after that. I did go in the gym after work to burn some of my frustration off, feeling somewhat better, stopped home briefly. I am leaving here shortly to go to aqua chi, I need to relax in a nice warm water pool. It can only make it better.
Take care Addie Thinking of you!
Old 11-19-2013, 06:36 PM   #14795
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by simonbaker View Post
I will join you Addie, I have had a terrible day. Dh came to work in a bad mood & it's been the pits all day after that. I did go in the gym after work to burn some of my frustration off, feeling somewhat better, stopped home briefly. I am leaving here shortly to go to aqua chi, I need to relax in a nice warm water pool. It can only make it better.
Take care Addie Thinking of you!
Oh good! Misery loves company. Welcome to my world. From here it can only get better.
Old 11-19-2013, 06:53 PM   #14796
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
Hugs (((Addie))) and (((simonbaker)))

Old 11-19-2013, 09:12 PM   #14797
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by taxlady View Post
Hugs (((Addie))) and (((simonbaker)))

Thank you! I feel much better after the pool, much more relaxed & at peace.
Old 11-19-2013, 09:15 PM   #14798
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by simonbaker View Post
Thank you! I feel much better after the pool, much more relaxed & at peace.
Glad to hear it!
Old 11-19-2013, 09:27 PM   #14799
Chef Extraordinaire

Thank you TL. Between Carol and Cat, it is very hard to stay in a funky mood.
Old 11-19-2013, 10:51 PM   #14800
Executive Chef

I'm watching Up. Love this movie.