What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm tending the smoker tonight/morning. Is sitting on the the couch drinking Makers and Coke considered tending the smoker?

Whatever it is considered, that's what I'm up to tonight.
If whatever it is you are smoking turns out right, then you were tending the smoker. ;) Skål!

I'm tending the smoker tonight/morning. Is sitting on the the couch drinking Makers and Coke considered tending the smoker?

Whatever it is considered, that's what I'm up to tonight.

Smoking meats, like fishing, is an activity created to give us a reason to sit around and drink. :LOL:

Makers is a little pricey to mix with cola, but to each his own. If I pay for Maker's, I tend to drink it on the rocks. But, I'm cheap. :rolleyes:

CD

Finished packing my personal things to be shipped to Missouri.
Packed and sealed all my kitchen utensils, knives, thermometers, etc.
That means no cooking here for the duration.

Our BBF's insisted that we stay with them through Saturday when they have family in for New Years and Bill's birthday. That means that Pat and I will be cooking for Bill and Jeannie.. Cuts restaurant meals from 7 to 2 nights.. A couple of nights in a motel and then I fly off to Missouri and my daughter & sil... :)

Ross

Finished packing my personal things to be shipped to Missouri.
Packed and sealed all my kitchen utensils, knives, thermometers, etc.
That means no cooking here for the duration.

Our BBF's insisted that we stay with them through Saturday when they have family in for New Years and Bill's birthday. That means that Pat and I will be cooking for Bill and Jeannie.. Cuts restaurant meals from 7 to 2 nights.. A couple of nights in a motel and then I fly off to Missouri and my daughter & sil... :)

Ross

Moving from the Monterey peninsula to anywhere in Missouri seems like a major step down. But, it sounds like you are planning to make the most of it. I was bummed out to hear about the kitchen stuff you had to sell or give away. I know how you like to cook. I hope you will be able to re-stock as you settle in.

Hey, if you can travel, come on down to Dallas for a few days. We can cook and talk about cars.

CD

I'm wishing only the best for you Ross, and good to know you won't be moving away from all of us here at DC. We're looking forward to sharing your new life.
Who will be cooking for Jeannie after you move?

Moving from the Monterey peninsula to anywhere in Missouri seems like a major step down. But, it sounds like you are planning to make the most of it. I was bummed out to hear about the kitchen stuff you had to sell or give away. I know how you like to cook. I hope you will be able to re-stock as you settle in.

Hey, if you can travel, come on down to Dallas for a few days. We can cook and talk about cars.

CD
Leaving Monterey is a bit sad but, Of my 78 years, about half have been lived elsewhere. Plus, Monterey isn't the Monterey I grew up in.. Being close to my daughter will be a major good thing..
Dallas isn't all that far from Springfield.. A trip to cook and talk cars with you would be great... :)

Ross

I'm wishing only the best for you Ross, and good to know you won't be moving away from all of us here at DC. We're looking forward to sharing your new life.
Who will be cooking for Jeannie after you move?
Thank you, Kayelle.. :)

I enjoy DC too much to leave y'all... A big plus is that my daughter and I enjoy cooking together..

Jeannie is staying with our besties... Our friend Pat is a great cook so, Jeannie will be fine.. I expect her to make the move to MO, sometime in the spring, as much as she will miss family and friends in Monterey.

Ross

Leaving Monterey is a bit sad but, Of my 78 years, about half have been lived elsewhere. Plus, Monterey isn't the Monterey I grew up in.. Being close to my daughter will be a major good thing..
Dallas isn't all that far from Springfield.. A trip to cook and talk cars with you would be great... :)

Ross

Just give me enough warning to inflate the guest room bed. :LOL:

CD

Thank you, Kayelle.. :)

I enjoy DC too much to leave y'all... A big plus is that my daughter and I enjoy cooking together..

Jeannie is staying with our besties... Our friend Pat is a great cook so, Jeannie will be fine.. I expect her to make the move to MO, sometime in the spring, as much as she will miss family and friends in Monterey.

Ross

Oh, I'm so happy to read that Ross!! SC and I have been hoping you'd be able to be together. We have a lovely garden sign with part of the Browning poem. "Come grow old along with me, the best is yet to be".

Oh, I'm so happy to read that Ross!! SC and I have been hoping you'd be able to be together. We have a lovely garden sign with part of the Browning poem. "Come grow old along with me, the best is yet to be".

:) She just wants to slide in to MO winters, not jump in as I'm doing..

I think that she believes that it won't be so cold if she see's it coming... :wacko::ROFLMAO:

Ross

Two good new's in one day!

Congratulations to PF/Shrek and Mom&Dad for your anniversaries!

Ross, I am so glad that you and Jeannie will only be separated for only a small while. I believe this is the first I read about this part of your journey.

Here's a secret tip for you both, one the PF/Shrek can probably do now and Ross pretty soon. Open and close the front door a few times until you make frost build up on the glass. Then you can scratch in little hearts or your initials or whatever for each other. I discovered this idea Christmas day with so many people coming and going. I can't wait until we take care of the grand kids again and we can do this and send Instagram pics to their parents at work and interrupt their day. I bet they don't teach this at day-care.

Ross, I hope you have Skype access.

Two good new's in one day!

Congratulations to PF/Shrek and Mom&Dad for your anniversaries!

Ross, I am so glad that you and Jeannie will only be separated for only a small while. I believe this is the first I read about this part of your journey.

Here's a secret tip for you both, one the PF/Shrek can probably do now and Ross pretty soon. Open and close the front door a few times until you make frost build up on the glass. Then you can scratch in little hearts or your initials or whatever for each other. I discovered this idea Christmas day with so many people coming and going. I can't wait until we take care of the grand kids again and we can do this and send Instagram pics to their parents at work and interrupt their day. I bet they don't teach this at day-care.

Ross, I hope you have Skype access.

We have both Skype and a messenger facetime thingy that my daughter hooked us up with.. Jeannie does not do anything technical so it will, probably, be just phone calls... :LOL:

Ross

:) She just wants to slide in to MO winters, not jump in as I'm doing..

I think that she believes that it won't be so cold if she see's it coming... :wacko::ROFLMAO:

Ross
I think it is worse when you jump in mid-cold season. When you slide in, your body has a chance to adjust as the days get colder.

Ross, I'm also glad to hear that you and Jeannie will be joining one another again this spring. :flowers::wub: Thanks for the update! Wishing you both an easy move - well, as easy as possible considering how far it is.

PF, I hope you and Shrek and your Mom and Dad had wonderful anniversary dinners.

Ross, my heart sings over the thought that you and Jeannie will be rejoining in spring. I'm guessing it's not until the warm part of spring, though? Winters in MO can be bad, but I know the heat and humidity in St. Louis can be a killer. I hope you don't have the same kind of weather out in Springfield since isn't as congested.
.. Jeannie does not do anything technical so it will, probably, be just phone calls...
Maybe your bestie Pat knows techie stuff as well as how to cook? You can only hope!

...We have a lovely garden sign with part of the Browning poem. "Come grow old along with me, the best is yet to be".
Thank you, Kayelle, for a beautiful earworm. :LOL: Ever since I saw your post earlier on Wednesday, this Mary Chapin Carpenter song has been gliding through my mind. Thankfully, it's a lovely song and Mary has an angelic voice - almost as good as Judy Collins.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kR7SXfRzAb4

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom