What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Made the cold trip from Nebraska to Cincinnati Ohio to see my wifes family. Heading to southeastern Kentucky tomorrow for a few days. I was going to head to Nashville while we are down there to see my aunt and uncle but they went to Nebraska!

What am I doing? I'm sorely tempted to say "Talking to you" ;)

I'm recovering from a rather riotous Christmas break with a large mob of cousins. Next thing is going to be decorating the house - yes, all of it! I started a couple of months ago but I didn't get very far as life got in the way!

We are going to move my mother in law to Nebraska this coming summer. So We had a meeting with the neighbors here in Kentucky about buying the house. They have a son that just got married and want to fix it up for them. They are loggers and he is coming to work the family business.

The house is shot. But it sits on one full acre with a chain link fence all around and good out buildings. There are no empty houses around this area. There is a fire bug here that burns them all down. If we don't sell it that is exactly what will happen.
We considered just leaving it but by the time we could afford to do anything we would have to doze the whole lot and start over. We want a piece of ground here to live on part time when I "retire".

Resting in a motel, anticipating my Wednesday flight to Missouri and new adventures with my daughter and SIL...

Mixed feelings about leaving my home town but, I generally look to the bright side of things.. :)

Ross

Planning activities to help keep my active 7 yr old grandson busy for 9 hours a day for the next 3 days....:blink::bounce::)

Good luck, Ross. Here's hoping that this is the beginning of a great adventure.

I just finished installing a big fishing bobber on a line attached to the garage ceiling so my wife will know how far in to drive her Jeep that it'll clear the door in back, but also not hit the stairs in front . When the bobber touches the windshield, that's far enough.

Good luck, Ross. Here's hoping that this is the beginning of a great adventure.

I just finished installing a big fishing bobber on a line attached to the garage ceiling so my wife will know how far in to drive her Jeep that it'll clear the door in back, but also not hit the stairs in front . When the bobber touches the windshield, that's far enough.

My dad used to do that for my mom, but with a tennis ball. :)

I am contemplating a fire in the fireplace.

I actually wish I didn't have a fireplace, because it is mostly a waste of wall space down here in Dallas. But, every house has one.

CD

Back
Top Bottom