What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I thought about using a tennis or Whiffle ball, but then I figured that someone would play with it. I'd have to hide the tennis racquets and Whiffle bats, lol.

If I lived near you and had access to your garage, you would come home one day to find a fish hanging from your bobber. ;)

CD :angel:

Just made lunch for Tyler - he looked in my fridge and asked for celery sticks with peanut butter, an apple, a Cutie, ham, cheese, and crackers. Couldn't argue with those choices. :LOL:

Switching the laundry over from washer to dryer, and will probably go outside and play ball with him when he's done with his lunch. School starts back up Monday, so these full vacation days will go back to the normal after-school hours, with homework.

Your little guy always has the best healthy appetite Cheryl! When my sons were young they were never into junk food either, nor did I even have it in the house.

As far as what I'm doing...I just got up from a nap as I slept so lousy last night. The good news is my back is better and I put the cane back in the closet. Whoo Hoo!!
Hopefully I just had a hitch in my getalong.

Your little guy always has the best healthy appetite Cheryl! When my sons were young they were never into junk food either, nor did I even have it in the house.

As far as what I'm doing...I just got up from a nap as I slept so lousy last night. The good news is my back is better and I put the cane back in the closet. Whoo Hoo!!
Yay!

So glad to hear your back is better Kay, and you were able to put the cane away! Every now and then I get a hitch in my gitalong as well...it's a pain in the you-know-what. :(

Yes, Tyler loves fruit and veggies and I don't have much junk food here either - usually some ice cream and that's about it. Tomorrow is the last day of Christmas vacay for him and he asked if we could make cookies....I promised him we would bake something, so we're going to make some blueberry muffins. So I bought a box of Krusteaz Muffin mix. :ermm::D :LOL:

Last edited:
I found Police Interceptors on Youtube, so I'm watching Season 13 now. I need to wander into the kitchen in a bit and do up the dishes and then find something for supper/breakfast. Insomnia kept me up all last night and I finally got to sleep about 10am this morning and was up at 6pm. I can only imagine what time I'm going to get to sleep tomorrow morning because I get brighter and more bushy-tailed the later it gets. *sigh*

We finally got our insurance check, got a 2005 Ford F-150 pickup, white. Body in good shape. Drives well and I am not on foot. Happy!

Just finished clearing off, digging out and moving three cars (one for a neighbor on vacation) from 13" of snow. Now waiting for the Bobcat to clear out the parking spaces for us so I can move them back.

Glad that is settled, PF and sounds like you got a good replacement!

I am trying to catch up on all the writing assignments I have been asked to do. Not paying much yet, but it is nice to be popular! And I have gotten several great products and services (related to chronic health) in exchange for reviews. I have a few guest posts and interviews as well. I always wanted to be a writer and it seems like my dream has come true. People are finding my personal experiences helpful and that is great payment if you ask me! :)

Car looking

Wow, Andy, 13"! I have no idea what we had in our drive, but most prediction maps had us in the "12-18 inch" zone. OH looks almost tropical right now - if 6 inches of snow in our last snowstorm with sub-20 temperatures can be called "tropical".

Lydia, nice to see you're getting a bit of fame. Hopefully some measure of fortune will follow!

*sigh* Loverly's car is old and needs a new...heart? Let's just say that the one good part left in her engine is the block. :( Her mechanic told her to park it and junk it. She's known for a while that she should be replacing "Pops" since he's 133,000 miles old, so I've been half-heartedly looking around in case she wanted one of our cars. Apparently Pops didn't know he was supposed to hang on for a few more months. No matter what her final decision is, we'll be getting a rental to take back when we return to MA next week. We have offered her the following options now that it's crunch time: 1) She uses Sally for the next month or so and looks around for something she would like to buy. 2) She takes Himself's older (2008 Mercury Milan, 102,000 miles). If that's the case, we drive back to OH to swap cars when weather improves. 3) She keeps Sally (2012 Hyundai Sonata, 73,000 miles - but it was recalled for an engine problem so the engine is about 21,000 miles "old") we'll mail her the title when we get back home. She's insisting that if she decides to go that way, she IS buying it from us at trade-in value. We'll see. :whistling:

I really don't like car shopping. It comes in third behind shoe shopping and clothes shopping. The sacrifices we make for our kids. :LOL: Well...I have been saying it might be time to put our older bones into a higher vehicle again. I miss my old van, but we'll be looking at (used) compact SUVs. Right now I'm favoring Toyota's RAV-4 or Subaru's Forester. Any thoughts? Or other recommendations? Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
I really don't like car shopping. It comes in third behind shoe shopping and clothes shopping. The sacrifices we make for our kids. [emoji38] Well...I have been saying it might be time to put our older bones into a higher vehicle again. I miss my old van, but we'll be looking at (used) compact SUVs. Right now I'm favoring Toyota's RAV-4 or Subaru's Forester. Any thoughts? Or other recommendations? Thanks in advance.

I love my 2006 Ford Escape Hybrid. When it switches to the electric engine, it's like driving a big golf cart [emoji38]

We have always bought Ford vehicles because DH's father was an engineer there, so we get the family discount. The Escape really is fun to drive, though, and it has lots of storage space in the back.

Last edited:
I knew you'd lobby for an Escape, GG! ;) I know you really :heart: your wheels. I took an Escape out when we were shopping last time. It was a new vehicle, maybe a 2013? I thought it road rather trucky. Considering we were replacing a Dodge Grand Caravan (which, actually, is built on a car platform), I didn't like the harder ride. After owning the Sonata for 4-ish years, I now think that the Caravan had a better ride than the Sonata! My loaner Santa Fe (when they replaced the engine on my car) was pretty sweet. It had a nicer ride than the Sonata, too.

Might look at the Escape again. My folks, in-laws, and us have owned Fords a lot during decades of car ownership.

And your golf cart analogy? That's one powerful cart! :mrgreen:

Trucky? Hm. I think DH's F-150 rides a whole lot truckier! :ROFLMAO:

I haven't driven the others you mention so I can't compare. I just know that when I need to get a new vehicle, it'll be another Escape. I don't know how they've changed from the 2006, except for how they look. I should take a look sometime.

And it really is like driving a big golf cart. I have to be very careful when I'm driving in a parking lot. People have stepped off the curb in front of me because they can't hear it coming! :ohmy:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom