What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
My tongue is on FIRE!!!!!! I licked off a drop of curry from my hand and WOW! I have no more tongue or face, just burning raging fire.

I love silver and don't really mind polishing it but our collection has grown to the extent that I need to protect it from oxidation. So...

Recently I bought some large plastic bins with lids and some kenized cloth and am making a large liner for each bin so the silver will be protected and I won't have to polish as much.

So far my efforts are working quite well and our silver will be shiny whenever we want to use it.

The only silver that will need attention are the pieces that are on display on the server and sideboard of the dining room. I can handle that, especially since I have my good friend "Maas Metal Cleaner" to take the effort out of polishing.

As I was just getting to sleep this morning, my wife shouted for me to come out on the deck. There was a tiny, orange Tabby cat meowing away under the steps.

I was able to disassemble a section of the lattice and crawl underneath with some food. The poor little thing was but skin and bones. She inhaled 2 small cans of food in no time. I picked her up and brought her into our washroom. DW set up a litter box, food bowls, and bed for her. She's been sleeping all day, only getting up when we check on her, purring all the time - even in her sleep.
I just looked and she was declawed, so she must have been someone's pet. She probably hasn't eaten or slept comfortably for quite some time with our recent sub-zero weather and snow.
We contacted the police and local shelters, and have sent out pictures in an effort to find her home.

If no one claims her, I think we just got cat #5. She's such a sweet little thing.

Attachments

• 0110181720b_HDR.jpg
    0110181720b_HDR.jpg
    53.2 KB · Views: 92
Sitting here wondering how I am going to switch back to day shift next week...I got an office job, much like the one I had in Missoula. It should help my health and sleep. Tomorrow will be my last night shift.

Sounds like it is a good change for you, PF. Good luck with adapting to daytime work again. You can do this! Hope you enjoy your new job.

Such a pretty kitty, bucky. If I lived closer I'd come over and take her off of your hands.

The left side of my brain is arguing with the right, telling it how we all need to go to bed. The right side wants to stay up and cruise the interwebs. I think the left *yawn* side izzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz..................

Last edited:
Hey, little orange kitty, I agree with PF, you found the best home ever! And Bucky, thanks for delaying your bedtime to rescue the little beauty!

Speaking of sleeping and pets, I am about to curl up in my recliner - not so much that I am coughing or my back is bothering me tonight (this morning), but I went into the bedroom to find TB, Monkey, and Miley all cozied up in the bed and while I could easily move them over, they looked just a little too comfortable to budge them. I actually find the recliner quite acceptable!

And I dare anyone to call me a pushover just because I won't push them over. ;)

Thanks PF, CG, and LP. She is such a nice little cat; loves to snug up around your neck.

Casey, my wife is bringing her to a vet today to get her scanned for a chip. She was horribly declawed, so there's a chance she may have also been chipped. Although, I'm not sure I want to meet the owner of a cat who thought it OK to declaw.

And lol, LP. I have to move cats to get in bed as well. They mumble and complain, then sleep on my legs.

PF, good luck on the dayshift. Here comes the sun!

Happy to see that that cute cat found your home, Bucky.. I believe that some things are meant to be..

Hoping your day shift brings you good health and better sleep, PF..

Ross

PF, I hope you find some peace in moving to the day shift. You work hard and need to look after yourself. We need you here and Shrek needs you at home! :heart::heart::heart::flowers:

Been very busy. We are giving the shop a much needed cleaning. Having a party this weekend to thank all the people who helped us out with harvest.

I picked up 4 more ducks. Bule sweedish. And we got back in the cattle business. 153 head of black Angus/ Charolais*cross.

I don't want to jinx it but we are working on a deal with one of our neighbors to feed out his 100% wagyu calves. I am very excited about that.

I am contemplating going to the bank and trying to find out why, even though it's included in my statement totals, two deposits that went in automatically didn't show up on the statement. They obviously went into the account, but they're not on the statement. *scratches head*

I was supposed to get a COL raise in my SSDI and I didn't, so I have to go into the Social Security office (no use calling). So how do I prove my COL didn't go in if nothing is on the statement? Besides that, I am now paying for Medicare, so for a couple of months my auto deposits are going to be different amounts.

Hoping your day shift brings you good health and better sleep, PF..

Ross

PF, I hope you find some peace in moving to the day shift. You work hard and need to look after yourself. We need you here and Shrek needs you at home! :heart::heart::heart::flowers:

Last night tonight, haven't decided if it is a joyous or sombre event. I will miss my night friends.

Been very busy. We are giving the shop a much needed cleaning. Having a party this weekend to thank all the people who helped us out with harvest.

I picked up 4 more ducks. Bule sweedish. And we got back in the cattle business. 153 head of black Angus/ Charolais*cross.

I don't want to jinx it but we are working on a deal with one of our neighbors to feed out his 100% wagyu calves. I am very excited about that.

The cattle business is great! Congrats, Jon.

My printer, that is five-ish years old, maybe more, needed ink, so I went out to buy some.

NINETY-SIX DOLLARS???!!!

I looked at the new printers on the same row, and they were less money than the ink. Now, I know new printers come with very little ink, but there was this Kodak all-in-one printer with WiFi that came with enough ink for 1,500 pages. It was 99-bucks.

No-brainer. New printer with more features that I will use, for 3-bucks more than an ink-refill.

One problem, the instructions for this thing are rubbish. I'm going to have to call Kodak Tech Support to set the darn thing up on my network.

CD

I'm patting myself for getting out in slop weather to test drive some cars. I did stop at Enterprise. The manager apologized for my displeasure with what had been foisted upon us, then made mumbly agreeing noises when I said that the Akron location probably shipped the Trax to the much smaller office we went to just to get the car off of their hands. Our town's Enterprise probably has the same problem out of Worcester. :LOL: He also said he would swap my vehicle out for the remainder of our rental, but all he had on the lot right then were sedans and a Dodge Minivan. I exclaimed "I love that minivan!". He thought I was going to take it, then I busted his bubble by telling him that I had owned 2 over a 16 year period and wasn't planning on buying one this time around. With the garbage weather coming our way I'm not going to be car shopping this weekend. I'll just keep the Trax until Monday and then return it.

I took out a 2014 RAV4 Limited, 30,000 miles, and every bell, whistle, and parade float you can hope for. "Driver 1/Driver 2" memory settings? I think I'm in love. :heart: However, the saleswoman did not get that impression when I was there, just that I thought it was a "very nice car, but I also really like that Santa Fe..." :whistling I also drove another Ford Escape. Sorry, GG, but that just isn't the vehicle for me. Glad you like it though! Ford does make great vehicles.

I hope to get out Friday to check out the Santa Fe again. And the Kia dealer (in the opposite direction) has a Sorento on their lot. The heavy rains that are predicted over the next two days just might wash my intentions down the drain.

I'm patting myself for getting out in slop weather to test drive some cars. I did stop at Enterprise. The manager apologized for my displeasure with what had been foisted upon us, then made mumbly agreeing noises when I said that the Akron location probably shipped the Trax to the much smaller office we went to just to get the car off of their hands. Our town's Enterprise probably has the same problem out of Worcester. :LOL: He also said he would swap my vehicle out for the remainder of our rental, but all he had on the lot right then were sedans and a Dodge Minivan. I exclaimed "I love that minivan!". He thought I was going to take it, then I busted his bubble by telling him that I had owned 2 over a 16 year period and wasn't planning on buying one this time around. With the garbage weather coming our way I'm not going to be car shopping this weekend. I'll just keep the Trax until Monday and then return it.

I took out a 2014 RAV4 Limited, 30,000 miles, and every bell, whistle, and parade float you can hope for. "Driver 1/Driver 2" memory settings? I think I'm in love. :heart: However, the saleswoman did not get that impression when I was there, just that I thought it was a "very nice car, but I also really like that Santa Fe..." :whistling I also drove another Ford Escape. Sorry, GG, but that just isn't the vehicle for me. Glad you like it though! Ford does make great vehicles.

I hope to get out Friday to check out the Santa Fe again. And the Kia dealer (in the opposite direction) has a Sorento on their lot. The heavy rains that are predicted over the next two days just might wash my intentions down the drain.

Thank you for posting your experiences..
I am considering a lease and am interested in reading what others think about various cars.. I plan to go as low ball as possible as I only need basic transportation..

Ross

...I hope to get out Friday to check out the Santa Fe again. And the Kia dealer (in the opposite direction) has a Sorento on their lot. The heavy rains that are predicted over the next two days just might wash my intentions down the drain.

Did you know that Kia is owned by Hyundai? You should find similarities between the Santa Fe and the Sorento.

Good luck shopping.

Back
Top Bottom