"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 01-20-2012, 02:33 PM   #1481
Executive Chef

3:00pm est today, dr. phil (i know, i know) will be interviewing survivors from the shipwrecked italian cruise ship, concordia. i think a couple from virginia will be on. it will be interesting to hear what they have to say about the ship's captain, who is being widely vilified in the news for "abandoning ship".....

Old 01-20-2012, 02:35 PM   #1482
Chef Extraordinaire

What am I doing? I have been playing with my brand spanking new Shark Series S3101 Steam Cleaner. I am a happy camper. I didn't need the vacuum since my kitchen is so small. And with just three pushes of my push broom, it gets up all the crumbs. And I have one of those dustpans with a long handle so I don't have to bend over. Without that, The pile of dirt would just have to keep building up until I could get someone to pick it up for me.

Old 01-20-2012, 06:03 PM   #1483
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addie View Post
What am I doing? I have been playing with my brand spanking new Shark Series S3101 Steam Cleaner. I am a happy camper. I didn't need the vacuum since my kitchen is so small. And with just three pushes of my push broom, it gets up all the crumbs. And I have one of those dustpans with a long handle so I don't have to bend over. Without that, The pile of dirt would just have to keep building up until I could get someone to pick it up for me.
Good for you, Addie! Let me know how it works for you! I'm thinking seriously of buying one also!
Old 01-20-2012, 06:21 PM   #1484
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timothy View Post
Good for you, Addie! Let me know how it works for you! I'm thinking seriously of buying one also!
The first thing I tested it on was an ugly black rubber scuff mark. Had to go over it a couple of times, but it worked just fine. This will become my go-to for a quick pick-up or for spilt food.
Old 01-20-2012, 07:04 PM   #1485
Executive Chef

I am doing some research for my College application. It is starting to look like this might actually happen.....wish me luck
Old 01-20-2012, 07:27 PM   #1486
Executive Chef

rock, you have a dazzling snowblinding-bright future in your charts--just seize it with both arms and don't let go!! if you believe in yourself even half as much as those who know and love you best, there's nothing in the world that can stop you in achieving your dreams. you will bring your own luck to your quest--you have my best wishes as well as those of your dc family, which you serve so generously and so well.... :)
Old 01-20-2012, 07:28 PM   #1487
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocklobster View Post
I am doing some research for my College application. It is starting to look like this might actually happen.....wish me luck
I know what Son #3 went through everytime he was applying. And to apply for Yale Medical? OMG! They wanted everything including the blood of my first born along with the wing of a bat, the eye of a newt, his CORY, my CORY and three bows to the east. So I will have you in my thoughts every day until we hear you were accepted to the school of your choice. Good Luck!
Old 01-20-2012, 07:34 PM   #1488
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocklobster View Post
It's not about luck it's about talent, you'll be fine!
Old 01-20-2012, 07:57 PM   #1489
Master Chef

My youngest son had a close call early (5:45 am) yesterday. On his way to work, right ahead of him there was a three car accident. Thank goodness he was not following to close. He said that it looked like it was in slow motion. He got out of his car and made sure that everyone was alright. They were all shook up but no injury's. All of their air bags went off. He then called 911 and thank goodness their were there in a matter of minutes. He then got a call from his wife and she was sitting in traffic for over an hour and a half because of another crash on the bypass. I am so grateful that they were alright, but my heart goes out to the other victims. I sure wish that everyone would slow down and not follow so close.
Old 01-20-2012, 08:07 PM   #1490
Chef Extraordinaire

managed to do nothing but play on the web today. something is wrong with my vacuum. by the time i gave up with it. was to tired to do with my smaller one. looking for wallpaper and project on line. i love doing that, think i found a wallpaper i might like, i think it was at Lowe's. we will see, may just paint the wall, wallpaper is really expensive.