What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It's not difficult math to estimate what claiming SS vs. waiting will cost you. I found it advisable to start at 62 and I have another ten years to go before I start "losing" money.

Andy, I too filed at age 62. Then I forgot that I filed. I was still doing temp work and had a steady paycheck coming in. Then about a year later, I remembered that I had filed for 62 and where were my checks? I was by then 63. I called SS, they told me that I opted to have my checks deposited to my savings account instead of my checking. I had a nice little nest egg. Even though I get a statement every month for both accounts, it never dawned on me to check the savings.

I just got approved for a new writing assignment...
Good for you, LP! I know how much you enjoy writing and sharing helpful information. I hope more writing assignments come your way.

I'm still going through old, clipped recipes. The last two nights, though, I decided to go through the folders with the oldest clippings. Wow, have I tossed a LOT! In the 40+ years since they were written, I either have learned that trick or recipe or no longer cook that kind of meal. And I'm laughing over how many non-food ones are from the 1980s - things to do with your child, or ways to decorate their room. Um, I was a little busy with twin-kins back then! :LOL: No wonder I never had a chance to go back and read them.

I'm watching the Olympics, getting the office ready to move furniture around on TB's 3-day weekend which starts tomorrow, doing laundry and dealing with Miley who wants in and out of the balcony every 5 minutes.

In other words, just another lazy day! :LOL:

Andy, I too filed at age 62. Then I forgot that I filed. I was still doing temp work and had a steady paycheck coming in. Then about a year later, I remembered that I had filed for 62 and where were my checks? I was by then 63. I called SS, they told me that I opted to have my checks deposited to my savings account instead of my checking. I had a nice little nest egg. Even though I get a statement every month for both accounts, it never dawned on me to check the savings.

Addie, those surprise little nest eggs are nice, aren't they!

And I'm laughing over how many non-food ones are from the 1980s - things to do with your child, or ways to decorate their room. Um, I was a little busy with twin-kins back then! :LOL: No wonder I never had a chance to go back and read them.

Yes, and look at how fast the time went and how much fun it all was. Those are the times I miss already, so busy with little ones, all the laughter and exhaustion. :LOL:

We just ordered a new BBQ for Kayelle (The BBQ Queen). We cleaned up the old one, oiled the wheels, and I had made up some "FREE BBQ" signs to post at our rec center.
On my way there, I met a nice lady, and I told her what I was doing. It turned out she and her son and DIL were BBQing at the rec center because she did not have a BBQ.
Well, talk about a coincidence! Well, they came over at halftime and rolled it away:yum:
Perfect!
My favorite grill was a free one from a yard sale. Older cast iron Sunbeam. I rebuilt the burners and used it for years.

I loved it because it had three levels of cooking racks. It only had two burners though, and in my stupidity I thought more were better.

Ended up with a shiny new Kenmore Elite with 4 burners. Don't like it at all. Doesn't get hit enough, flares up constantly and just isn't as fun as the little Sunbeam was. It also only has two levels, which is a bummer.

I hope your neighbors enjoy the grill for many years. Good on ya!

Those look yummy Rock!

I love cabbage rolls but am allergic to tomatoes so my Mom used to just steam some for me. I love them that way!

all done..now, I have to transfer them to something smaller so I can refridgerate them..I never made it to the store to buy some smaller tin foil freezer containers.

Attachments

• 28001369_10155149529127401_52174144_n.jpg
    28001369_10155149529127401_52174144_n.jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 87
001.JPG
Here comes the Sun ... Here comes the Sun ... and I say, its alright!

On Thursday (my computer wasn't been working so...),
DH and I got up early and headed out.
We jumped in the car, as decided the night prior,
bound for The Grand Canyon.

002.jpg

Wow Wow WOW!
This was the first time that we've been up here and there were very few people!
You weren't elbow-to-elbow with humanity!
LOVED IT!
We walked around for a bit ...

008.JPG
009.JPG
011.jpg
010.JPG

... to take in the beauty.
We still can't figure out why there are pennies
embedded into the walkway every so few feet???

Well, then we got hungry... what to do?
The El Tovar restaurant in the historic hotel!!
Lunch over looking The Grand Canyon ...

003.jpg
004.JPG
007.JPG
005.JPG
006.jpg

Those were some of the best rolls we've ever had, Sylvia-our server-brought us TWO baskets ;)
I had the Rib Eye Sandwich and DH had a Chicken Cordon Bleu sandwich.
Another glass of wine and a cup of coffee, for my designated driver, on the veranda, just sitting and looking out over The Canyon, what a wonderful Spring like day.

Now, granted, starting tomorrow, its going to get pretty nasty, glad we went when we did :)

We met my younger son and family for breakfast this morning. My sweet dear DIL (Mom of Cheyenne) lost her beloved Dad (60 something) to an unexpected death just a couple of weeks ago. They were very close, and he died alone but peacefully in his chair.
She's now learned that there was nothing that could have been done and feels at peace. Since my son lost his Dad also, he understands her pain.
"Lean On Me"...
beautiful thought and song lyrics.

Last edited:
K-Girl, how far are you from the Grand Canyon Skywalk, that glass walkway out over the Canyon. I really want to go there.

CD

Sorry to hear that, Kayelle. 60-something is so very young.

"Lean on Me" by Bill Withers is one of Himself's favorite songs - at least it was. Not so sure now, since I sing along every time we hear it. [emoji38]

Back
Top Bottom