What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Sister Update - she is doing well, we almost lost her. So each milestone is huge. I'm home, I wasn't doing much but sitting in the waiting room and making the doctors crazy. I promise, I was not diagnosing, just asking questions about her care that they had to actually consider...'cause I do know some things about these things. Dad said he wanted me around if he ever goes to the hospital. Of course, I'm hypervigilant right now...

Thanks GG for the links, I will check them out tonight.

Sister Update - she is doing well, we almost lost her. So each milestone is huge. I'm home, I wasn't doing much but sitting in the waiting room and making the doctors crazy. I promise, I was not diagnosing, just asking questions about her care that they had to actually consider...'cause I do know some things about these things. Dad said he wanted me around if he ever goes to the hospital. Of course, I'm hypervigilant right now...

Thanks GG for the links, I will check them out tonight.

I'm glad she's doing better. My aunt, who was diagnosed with type 1 diabetes when she was six years old and had many complications, told me that everyone who is in the hospital needs an advocate. DH and I have taken that advice seriously. Your sister is a very lucky woman [emoji813]

After having some challenges with arthritis, I've begun my annual Christmas "making" of gifts.

I wish I'd been able to begin in January as I always have, but not my abilities this year

As things go, I've been knitting and crocheting a number of components of a few gifts.

I've been having some challenges with a crocheting pattern that I've done multiple times. Guess I'm having some brain challenges.

Takin' pictures. After last weeks 70-cars in three days in a condemned warehouse, I'm in Austin today. I got to shoot some concours level MOPARs today. A Challenger and a Cuda, both 440 Six-Packs. And, the owner was great! Here's the keys, let me know when your'e done.

CD

Attachments

• ChargerSample800600.jpg
    ChargerSample800600.jpg
    119.5 KB · Views: 80
  • CudaSample800600.jpg
    CudaSample800600.jpg
    120.3 KB · Views: 68
Taking care of a grumpy, sick little Tyler today. :( Washing my hands every 3 seconds, not touching my eyes, managing the TV remote for him...doing everything I can to keep from getting sick myself.

Normally my daughter or SIL would have taken the day off, but Mom is in L.A. on her first work related 2 day travel away from home, and Dad is covering at the police station for others who are out with sick kids and called in earlier than him. So that leaves grandma....ugh..:LOL:

Tyler's teacher said there were 8 kids in his class out yesterday...sure will be glad when this bug or whatever has run its course.

Last edited:
Taking care of a grumpy, sick little Tyler today. :( Washing my hands every 3 seconds, not touching my eyes, managing the TV remote for him...doing everything I can to keep from getting sick myself.

Normally my daughter or SIL would have taken the day off, but Mom is in L.A. on her first work related 2 day travel away from home, and Dad is covering at the police station for others who are out with sick kids and called in earlier than him. So that leaves grandma....ugh..:LOL:

Tyler's teacher said there were 8 kids in his class out yesterday...sure will be glad when this bug or whatever has run its course.

Hope he's better by now.
We just went through a nasty bug.I was the last one standing.

I bought bleach wipes.Anything that they touched was wiped down.
Should have used Cavi wipes instead. They kill all the germs.
Told them "if you use a towel toss it in the hamper after use.DON'T use it twice and expect to share that hand towel with me!":ohmy::LOL:
Thought that was fair enough warning.:innocent:

Munky.

Wasting time waiting for the UPS man to show up.
He has my Bday present.A little early.It's ok.
If I'm not here on my Bday at least I know what I got.:ROFLMAO::LOL:

Munky.

Hiya, Munky! Good to see you again. Yes, Tyler is well now, it only lasted a couple of days and I didn't get whatever he had, thank goodness. I hope you and the family are doing well. I had to look up Cavi Wipes, hadn't heard of them before. I need to get some - if that's what hospitals use, it's got to be good!

How is the Mr. doing these days? And....Happy early birthday to you! :flowers:

Trying to decide if I should do my regular St. Pat's Day celebration, it's going to hurt.

Meanwhile I'm watching Commando, hoping some Schwarzenegger acting will shove me back to my ledge instead of free falling.

Hiya, Munky! Good to see you again. Yes, Tyler is well now, it only lasted a couple of days and I didn't get whatever he had, thank goodness. I hope you and the family are doing well. I had to look up Cavi Wipes, hadn't heard of them before. I need to get some - if that's what hospitals use, it's got to be good!

How is the Mr. doing these days? And....Happy early birthday to you! :flowers:

Hiya Cheryl,It's good to see you to.:)

So glad Tyler is feeling better.Grandma was probably the only medicine he needed.We buy the Cavi wipes by the case on Amazon.I have a germ phobia about public areas.I never leave home without a few of them in my purse.I won't touch a door until I open up that envelope first.

Our sons and I have been busy getting the house ready to sell.
Going crazy trying to find a home for the big daddy grill and the entertainment center.They are too nice to go to the dump.Anyone want them? I don't do Craigslist.

UPS messed up.They put my stuff on the wrong truck.
They say it will be today.Curious as to what 83 skeins of yarn will look like in the living room.:LOL:
It's now a running joke here if someone asks what I want for xmas or bday? my sons say "Don't give her ANY money, she's just going to buy yarn with it!"
I can see myself holding out a can out for chump change at Michael's "Need yarn" I'd actually do that if someone betted me to:ohmy::ROFLMAO::LOL: Oh yeah, never pass up a bet that I'd know I'll win.:stuart:

Munky.

While daughter and I were running errands today, we stopped into her fave thrift shop..

Time to start replenishing my dessert for two baking dishes, etc..

I picked up 2 Pyrex 3cup, 5X7X1.5 baking dishes and 6 7" glass dessert plates for a grand total of $7.86...
And now it begins.. ;)

Attachments

• New baking stuff.jpg
    New baking stuff.jpg
    24.1 KB · Views: 85
Baby Sister is out of ICU, she is doing better, re-learning how to walk. Mom and Dad are getting a room set up for her when she gets out of the hospital. If she is here, she will have 24 hour "servants" and we can help her get back on her feet.

Baby Sister is out of ICU, she is doing better, re-learning how to walk. Mom and Dad are getting a room set up for her when she gets out of the hospital. If she is here, she will have 24 hour "servants" and we can help her get back on her feet.

That's good news, Princess. Thank God for loving families who are ready to help out. :wub:

Back
Top Bottom