"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 01-20-2012, 10:19 PM   #1491
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Too tired to cook, so I ordered out. Stomach is much better, whatever had hold of me is finally gone.

Old 01-21-2012, 04:24 AM   #1492
Master Chef

Site Moderator

Couldn't sleep... woke up about 2 hours ago...tossed and turned...couldn't drift off so I'm on here keeping quiet until a decent hour to get up and make coffee.

Old 01-21-2012, 04:26 AM   #1493
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveSoMD View Post
Couldn't sleep... woke up about 2 hours ago...tossed and turned...couldn't drift off so I'm on here keeping quiet until a decent hour to get up and make coffee.

Ya gotta make that coffee!
Old 01-21-2012, 04:43 AM   #1494
Master Chef

Site Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aunt Bea View Post
Ya gotta make that coffee!
I'll get out of bed at 5 or 5:30 to make coffee.. I may even make some biscuits.
Old 01-21-2012, 05:14 AM   #1495
Master Chef

I got up a half hour or so. Husband groggily said, water. Huh? started to hand him the water bottle I keep at my bedside. I was pretty sure he had one on his side as well. "No, run water" After 30+ years together, I got it. Our downstairs bathroom gets very cold, and although we didn't turn down the thermostat last night, the pipes do freeze easily. So running some water (I usually do it by tossing in a load of washing) during the coldest hours of the day (now) keeps everything copacetic.
Old 01-21-2012, 05:17 AM   #1496
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveSoMD View Post
I'll get out of bed at 5 or 5:30 to make coffee.. I may even make some biscuits.
That sounds good... I can almost smell them! Are you going to have sausage gravy with them or just butter?
Old 01-21-2012, 05:23 AM   #1497
Master Chef

Site Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanilla Bean View Post
That sounds good... I can almost smell them! Are you going to have sausage gravy with them or just butter?
Just butter.... but I may fry up some bacon later and have bacon and egg biscuits later this morning.
Old 01-21-2012, 05:28 AM   #1498
Master Chef

It is now 4:30 and my dog just came down for a hug. Weird. She almost always comes down with me in my insomnia moments, goes out to do her business, I give her a milk bone, and she goes back to bed with husband, who usually wakes around 8. I got up around 3:30, we did our routine, she went back to bed .... but just came down to hug me and went back to bed. What a dog.
Old 01-21-2012, 05:32 AM   #1499
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoAnn L. View Post
My youngest son had a close call early (5:45 am) yesterday. On his way to work, right ahead of him there was a three car accident. Thank goodness he was not following to close. He said that it looked like it was in slow motion. He got out of his car and made sure that everyone was alright. They were all shook up but no injury's. All of their air bags went off. He then called 911 and thank goodness their were there in a matter of minutes. He then got a call from his wife and she was sitting in traffic for over an hour and a half because of another crash on the bypass. I am so grateful that they were alright, but my heart goes out to the other victims. I sure wish that everyone would slow down and not follow so close.
I'm glad your family is okay. Mark went out yesterday to try to find firewood and was stuck in traffic. He saw a few accidents. My thoughts are with those people that had trouble.
Old 01-21-2012, 06:13 AM   #1500
Master Chef

Yeah, there were a lot of accidents around here yesterday, with all the snow. We'd made a point of getting out when we heard the prediction. It wasn't panic buying like some do; I keep a pretty full pantry. But I wanted to by stamps (for U.S. members, you know why), get what fresh food we need, and get my dress coat out of the cleaners. Yesterday was all about the snow.