What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Well yes. Sun, sand and the ocean is the best, but failing that, tea tree oil works better than just about anything else. Keep it DRY DRY DRY and put tea tree oil on as often as you think of it.
I have never heard of that oil. I will try to find it. Keeping it dry & putting oil on it?

a nice wash in plain yogurt helps too.

I haven't thought of that yogurt treatment in eons. As a doctor once explained to me; The good bacteria in yogurt eats the bad bacteria in your intestinal tract. The same goes for Athletes Foot. The good bacteria in yogurt eats the bad bacteria in Athletes Foot. And it is bacteria that causes Atheletes Foot. Living in South Tropical Texas, it was a constant problem for my kids. Specially since the boys wore high top Keds. Sure did work though. And what didn't get used for the feet, went into their tummies. Today, they love yogurt. Me? YUK! I don't understand eating sour food. :ohmy:

I have never heard of that oil. I will try to find it. Keeping it dry & putting oil on it?

Yep, wash in salt water if you can, dry it and then apply the tea tree oil. You can find it in most drugstores here in Canada. Costco even carries it. Its an herbal remedy that lots of folks use for a lice treatment, acne treatment and as an antifungal treatment. Athlete's foot is a fungal infection and tea tree oil works very well on it.

With all due respect to PF's expertise, we found the yogurt treatment makes the athlete's foot FEEL better but it doesn't work as fast. Its a fungal thing so you need an antifungal cream. OTC preps for yeast infections work too, again, more slowly than the tea tree oil

My niece had the worst athlete's foot I've ever seen and it took a LOT to get rid of it. I had a less serious bout of it and the tea tree oil gave me relief in 24 hours and it was completely gone in 72 hours.

Last edited:
Yep, wash in salt water if you can, dry it and then apply the tea tree oil. You can find it in most drugstores here in Canada. Costco even carries it. Its an herbal remedy that lots of folks use for a lice treatment, acne treatment and as an antifungal treatment. Athlete's foot is a fungal infection and tea tree oil works very well on it.

With all due respect to PF's expertise, we found the yogurt treatment makes the athlete's foot FEEL better but it doesn't work as fast. Its a fungal thing so you need an antifungal cream. OTC preps for yeast infections work too, again, more slowly than the tea tree oil

My niece had the worst athlete's foot I've ever seen and it took a LOT to get rid of it. I had a less serious bout of it and the tea tree oil gave me relief in 24 hours and it was completely gone in 72 hours.

You had already mentioned Tea Tree Oil...:) More people have yogurt hanging around, though and until you can get your hands on tea tree...Walmart has the Tea Tree Oil, SB.

Oh, I get you. What I meant was, have you used it for other stuff successfully? I swear this stuff is amazing.

Oh, I get you. What I meant was, have you used it for other stuff successfully? I swear this stuff is amazing.

I put a few drops in my shampoo, stops itchy scalp. Apply to abrasions, not cuts. And it helps clear up zits I pick at. Helps with ingrown hairs too!

I doused myself in it after we had a lice epidemic at work about the same time they found bedbugs. :shudder: I stripped at the back door...bagged my clothes and took the hottest bath with tea tree oil in it.

My dad used to use tea tree oil for his foot fungus. Worked great. That stuff smells really strong, but sort of in a good way. It's a great natural anti-bacterial/anti-fungal. Another tip some people don't think of, is to have multiple pairs of shoes, including work shoes, so that you can let your shoes go at least 24 hours in between uses. This gives them time to dry out completely, and helps kill off bacteria and fungus residing in your shoes.

My dad used to use tea tree oil for his foot fungus. Worked great. That stuff smells really strong, but sort of in a good way. It's a great natural anti-bacterial/anti-fungal. Another tip some people don't think of, is to have multiple pairs of shoes, including work shoes, so that you can let your shoes go at least 24 hours in between uses. This gives them time to dry out completely, and helps kill off bacteria and fungus residing in your shoes.

Good advice, I have two pairs of nurse shoes and I make sure I alternate them. They look them same, but I used a sharpie to write a 1 in one pair and 2 in the other.:rolleyes:

Thank you everyone for all the good tips. I will go to walgreens tomorrow , no costco here, & see if I can find the tea tree oil. Noone here eats plain yogurt but I may try a small container just to try it out.. I just love DC it's a place to get so many things solved. Thanks again!!

Thank you everyone for all the good tips. I will go to walgreens tomorrow , no costco here, & see if I can find the tea tree oil. Noone here eats plain yogurt but I may try a small container just to try it out.. I just love DC it's a place to get so many things solved. Thanks again!!

Ask the pharmacy, they will know if they have it or not and where it is in the store. It's considered a supplement and is stocked through the pharmacy.

I am excited because I found some new crochet patterns for things I can make for people who have brought some joy into my life....and, at the same time giving something to do in my "resting". :)

PrincessFiona60 said:
Good advice, I have two pairs of nurse shoes and I make sure I alternate them. They look them same, but I used a sharpie to write a 1 in one pair and 2 in the other.:rolleyes:

I have two pairs of waitress shoes. One pair of shape up type shoes, and one pair of normal shoes. Since they work different muscles in my legs it keeps my legs from getting quite so sore. And the added bonus is my feet don't get as stinky lol

I am excited because I found some new crochet patterns for things I can make for people who have brought some joy into my life....and, at the same time giving something to do in my "resting". :)

So, whattarya gonna be makin'?

There's a really cute pattern for baby hats that do up really fast - I have a bunch of babies coming real soon so these will be perfect. I have leftovers of a bunch of baby yarn in various colours so don't even have to buy any!

Second is a cowl collar with a flower. I really want to make this for a lady I met in my first pain group (before Dad died). She gave me the "One Sentence Journal" I made the thread about and loves wearing scarves and things around her neck (to cover scars from surgery from the accident that triggered her chronic pain). As soon as I saw this pattern I knew it was for her - and the picture was in her colours as well! :)

Finally, a cute little pattern to make stuffed lady bugs. A woman from my church lost her Mom shortly before Dad passed. She is having a really rough time of it. She shared a story about her Mom's love for ladybugs and how one was one her Mom's bed just before she passed away. It gave my friend a sense of comfort. She also has 4 daughters so I though I would make a bunch of them in bright colours!

Since I have to rest (and don't really feel like much else), I might as well keep busy and making things for others makes me happy!

I wish I had learned to crochet. There are several women at the dialisys center who spend there 3 hours working on things. Me I just sit there and TV makes me nuts soooo it's sit and watch. So glad you found something for your resting time;)
ma

I am taking a quick breal before my busy weekend begins. The daughter has her piano guild today at the local college. Then, we have to go to Sam's & buy alot of groceries for a party of 650 thursday. After mass tomorrow it's back to work again. Enjoying this 2 hours of free time.

Back
Top Bottom