"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 12-01-2013, 05:29 AM   #15001
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by simonbaker View Post
So nice of him to stop & help, sounds like he was raised right! Hope it all turns out well.
I think he know I would be disappointed in him if he did anything less. You don't stand by when someone needs your help.

Old 12-01-2013, 05:34 AM   #15002
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessFiona60 View Post
Just got done ordering a Bed Cane for myself. Figured I'd be needing some assist to get in and out of bed after I have surgery...still no date yet, just planning ahead.
PF, when I had my gastro surgery, I had the trapeze contraption on my bed to help me lift myself up to a sitting position. Poo was about six at the time and when he was allowed to visit me, he wanted to see me swing on it like they do at the circus. One shouldn't laugh that hard with a gut full of sutures.

Old 12-01-2013, 09:13 AM   #15003
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessFiona60 View Post
Just got done ordering a Bed Cane for myself. Figured I'd be needing some assist to get in and out of bed after I have surgery...still no date yet, just planning ahead.
Wow, I wish I had known about that when I had my three open abdominal surgeries. I just rolled over onto my side and pushed myself up with the bedside table, which wasn't easy. I'll remember that if I ever have another one.
Old 12-01-2013, 09:16 AM   #15004
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by GotGarlic View Post
Wow, I wish I had known about that when I had my three open abdominal surgeries. I just rolled over onto my side and pushed myself up with the bedside table, which wasn't easy. I'll remember that if I ever have another one.

When I had my 2 abdominal surgeries I rolled over onto my side and DH pushed me up from behind.
Old 12-01-2013, 09:23 AM   #15005
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolPa View Post

When I had my 2 abdominal surgeries I rolled over onto my side and DH pushed me up from behind.
My DH was up and gone to work before I got up He was still teaching then and was usually at school by 6:30 am.
Old 12-01-2013, 09:28 AM   #15006
Executive Chef

Getting ready to leave to take some family to the ABQ airport and some of us will continue south to the Bosque del Apache
Home - Bosque del Apache - U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service

to spend a day with the wintering birds at the Bosque.
Old 12-01-2013, 09:47 AM   #15007
Senior Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocket_J_Dawg View Post
(I'm thinking a quick drive to Calgary is out of the question)
LOL I've always got enough for unexpected guests :)
Old 12-01-2013, 09:49 AM   #15008
Certified Pretend Chef

Just finished cleaning up after a party last night. We celebrated our son's visit and marriage. Lots of empty bottles this morning.
Old 12-01-2013, 10:10 AM   #15009
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy M. View Post
Just finished cleaning up after a party last night. We celebrated our son's visit and marriage. Lots of empty bottles this morning.
Evian?
Old 12-01-2013, 10:34 AM   #15010
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addie View Post
PF, when I had my gastro surgery, I had the trapeze contraption on my bed to help me lift myself up to a sitting position. Poo was about six at the time and when he was allowed to visit me, he wanted to see me swing on it like they do at the circus. One shouldn't laugh that hard with a gut full of sutures.
No place for a trapeze I may also need steps up to the bed, we have an underdresser so it is quite high.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GotGarlic View Post
I had a $10 gift certificate and was wondering what to get, realized I would need one and I couldn't steal Shrek's.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolPa View Post
Here it is:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	bed cane.jpg
Views:	77
Size:	15.4 KB
ID:	19937