What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Still working on making Christmas presents for the coming holiday.

On my list, I've already completed 8 of about 15. Many of the items are either sewn, knitted, crocheted or crafted in another way.

I have no idea how many miles of yarn I've turned into scarves, hats, neck wraps, baby blankets, etc.

My next set of projects will include making a huge wardrobe of clothes for American Girl dolls for assorted granddaughters.

Found out this morning that our 55+ apartment will be available June 15th.. Jeannie will be here May 7th..

Now the fun of furnishing the 2 bed/2bath apartment begins.. :)

The kitchen, of course, belongs to me.. ;)

Looking forward to the pleasing amenities included.. Lap pool, small gym, rec room, common room for gatherings, etc., etc..

5 minutes from the kids and in the middle of everything we want..Shopping, banking, restaurants...even an IMAX..

Ross

How old does a dog have to be before they don't give you "puppy dog eyes" anymore, LP? :whistling:

I see brightening on the western horizon. The rain has stopped hitting the glass sun room roof overhead. I'm going to guess that it's safe for me to head out to grocery shop. It's not that I mind getting a little wet, it's that I hate schlepping bags of groceries from the store to the car and getting the contents all wet. My umbrella is only so big. I am enjoying the "awning" the SUV provides when I load them into the trunk area, though. I sure missed that feature from the van during the years we had the Sonata. Now I'm missing the really good mileage we got from the Sonata! :LOL: Never happy...

Buy yourself a "golf umbrella" for just such occasions. I have one (I don't know who gave it to me.) and I would be lost without it. Spike borrows it every so often when he knows Teddy hates to go out in the rain for his walks. He keeps him on a short rein and the umbrella is big enough to cover them both. It also go into the car on shopping day. Covers the shopping cart with all the bags in it along with the both of us. For some strange reason, the rain always knows if we forgot it, so it rains twice as hard.

Found out this morning that our 55+ apartment will be available June 15th.. Jeannie will be here May 7th..

Now the fun of furnishing the 2 bed/2bath apartment begins.. :)

The kitchen, of course, belongs to me.. ;)

Looking forward to the pleasing amenities included.. Lap pool, small gym, rec room, common room for gatherings, etc., etc..

5 minutes from the kids and in the middle of everything we want..Shopping, banking, restaurants...even an IMAX..

Ross

Congrats to both of you for having the commonsense and fortitude to stick it out. Good luck to the both of you in your new abode. Sounds like a heavenly place to live.

Buy yourself a "golf umbrella" for just such occasions...
I have a golf umbrella in the car, Addie. Trust me, it's full size but it doesn't cover me AND all of the grocery bags in the cart. From what you're describing, it sounds like Spike is using a patio umbrella!

No matter how big an umbrella might be, is sure doesn't improve my opinion of grocery shopping in the rain.

I just blended a batch of Herbes de Provence and Italian Blend mixes from my collection of individual herbs and spices. I've had a rather large basket sitting on top of our kitchen table for nearly a month. :ermm: Now I have two jars of fresh-blended seasonings and a clean kitchen table.

Little things make me smile. :)

Just got back from Cheyenne and visiting my Sister in the hospital. We then went to Barnes & Noble and had a wonderful wander through the store. Picked up a few books.

I've been engrossed in a new game. (The Room)
Found it on my Kindle while being bored out of my mind sick in bed.
Still have that bug.

Bought the version of the game off of Steam for my PC.
Advertisement free.
It's a great game. Looking forward to the next 2 versions.:cool:

Munky.

The Room •

Clipping off extra tomato seedlings, watering them, talking with them so they are ready for planting in 30 days.

Continued sitting in the waiting room at the hospital. Mom getting a carated artery cleaned out. Sitting with 1 of my brothers and 3 sisters. All is well, continue to wait........

I hope everything turns out well in the end, simonbaker. That seems like a heck of a way to have a family reunion though...;)

Agreed! I absolutely HATE being in the hospital. Dark corridors, a real closed in feeling. Couldn't get out of there soon enough.
I volunteered to come home & get supper started for everyone, Burgers on the grill.
Hope you are enjoying this nice day!

Continued sitting in the waiting room at the hospital. Mom getting a carated artery cleaned out. Sitting with 1 of my brothers and 3 sisters. All is well, continue to wait........

Sorry to hear about your mom Simon.
I'm sure it's a comfort to her that your all together.

Keep up the good spirits.Hope she will be home soon.

Munky.

I've been putting this off all afternoon, but I think I'm finally going to get down the basement to wipe down all of the window screens. I used to do them outside, spraying them down with the hose. I think I ended up at least as wet as the screens! :LOL: Now I take them down the basement, use a bucket of Murphy's Oil Soap water and an old towel rag, and wipe down the screening and frame. Himself will take them all up to their respective rooms, where they will wait until later this week when the weather is warm enough to open the windows wide, wash down the frames and tracks, and clean the windows. I wait until Himself gets the screens in the windows before I wash the inside glass though. It seems he just can't open or close a window without leaving fingerprints all over the place. :LOL:

Back
Top Bottom