What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I got 14 inches dug of what will be a 24 inch deep x 24 inch diameter hole. I hit sand and clay that is compacted and had to stop when the thunder started. The hole is for Shrek's memorial Rose Bush, should be here Tuesday. Hopefully I have the hole dug and the proper soil mixture done before it gets here. I do know that my wheelbarrow is not big enough for mixing up the soil...

I got 14 inches dug of what will be a 24 inch deep x 24 inch diameter hole. I hit sand and clay that is compacted and had to stop when the thunder started. The hole is for Shrek's memorial Rose Bush, should be here Tuesday. Hopefully I have the hole dug and the proper soil mixture done before it gets here. I do know that my wheelbarrow is not big enough for mixing up the soil...

That's a lovely and therapeutic idea PF. What's the name of the rose?
We'll need a picture you know. ;)
I think of you often. Are you getting comfort from your online grief group?

I just got back from getting kitty food and going to a Mediterranean market, where I picked up some fenugreek, green cardamom pods (wow are they expensive), sumac, and pomegranate molasses. I won a contest and picked a Persian cookbook as my prize and we're making 1 of the dishes from it this week. They were pulling freshly baked pita breads out of the oven while I was there making the place smell wonderful.

That's a lovely and therapeutic idea PF. What's the name of the rose?
We'll need a picture you know. ;)
I think of you often. Are you getting comfort from your online grief group?

The rose is called Ebb Tide Figures it's on sale now...:rolleyes:

Some comfort from the group, some are a bit odd, but then so am I. Haven't met anyone I feel the need to chat with all the time.

What a beautiful rose. The color is striking!

Thank you, it was a tough choice, didn't know if I should go with red or an exotic color, I'm glad I chose this one.

Plus 1. I wish roses weren't so hard to grow in south Florida. I love them, but just don't have that much of a green thumb or that much patience.

It's too bad they are hard to grow in Florida, you'd think it would be easy in such a climate. I hope this one is with me for a while. I never thought I would be able to grow roses.

What a beautiful rose, and a beautiful song...

Just listened to the song, another one that touches my heart. Shrek loved The Righteous Brothers. Double or triple meanings going on here.

OMGosh Princess...the rose and the work you put into it's new home is absolutely beautiful, and such a wonderful tribute. :wub::flowers:

Thank you, it was a tough choice, didn't know if I should go with red or an exotic color, I'm glad I chose this one.

It's too bad they are hard to grow in Florida, you'd think it would be easy in such a climate. I hope this one is with me for a while. I never thought I would be able to grow roses.

Just listened to the song, another one that touches my heart. Shrek loved The Righteous Brothers. Double or triple meanings going on here.

I understand. That song is just haunting to me too. I'm glad you listened to it and it's fitting his rose is named Ebb Tide.

Thank you, Katie. I got it planted last night. Now waiting for it to grow and bloom...and for my muscles to stop aching.

I have a golf umbrella in the car, Addie. Trust me, it's full size but it doesn't cover me AND all of the grocery bags in the cart. From what you're describing, it sounds like Spike is using a patio umbrella!

No matter how big an umbrella might be, is sure doesn't improve my opinion of grocery shopping in the rain.

Since I have no way of transferring the wheelchair to a vehicle that can take it, I now have the luxury of staying home and letting someone else do my shopping.

Ceiling Fans?

Were replacing 3 of them. Living room, bedroom's.
I'd like one for the dining room. I'm tired of looking at that aged old 80's style chandelier with those gawdy globes that's up now. so now were up to 4.

Does it matter what kind?
The dining room does connect to the kitchen if that helps?

Munky.

I am in the process of letting all the fluid in my legs drain. I have gone through a large half of package of 4x4 gauze pads to absorb it just since the morning. I hate touching it with my hands. It is like touching someone who is covered in sweat after a workout. It is a good thing I have two boxes of rubber gloves.

Time to change the dressing again on my left leg. I am waiting for the Kentucky Derby to start before I even think of doing it.

I also finally was dragged into the scientific world of smart phones this weekend. I have always had a qwerty phone and was quite happy with them. And I also for a number of years (ever since the program was started) had a free phone. Well, I lost my last one in the hospital. So I notified the provider (Alliance) and I swear the one they sent me for a replacement was a knockoff from China. It was absolutely useless! Most of the time my phone wouldn't even ring. And the front door is controlled by my phone. So a lot of folks were left standing outside wondering why I wouldn't let them in.

So yesterday Pirate went and bought me a lovely phone that was so easy to learn. They can keep their free phones. This will only cost $30 a month and Pirate said he would split the cost with me. $15 for him and $15 for me. Now Pirate is jealous. He keeps trying to talk me into swapping phones. I am not biting!

I also ordered today a big recliner for Pirate to sit in when he is out here watching television with me. It does have a massaging motor in it. I am hoping it will help with his neuropathy pain. He has his own TV in his room. And I finally convinced him to go on my lease. With our two incomes combined, the rent will go up. But it will give me peace of mind knowing he will be able to stay here should anything happen to me. I will take care of that on Monday when the manager is in her office.

I have my good and bad days. Today happens to be one of my good days. I have my fingers crossed with a small prayer sent on its way that I start having more good than bad days. My right leg is just a week or so away from being completely healed. That will mean we an concentrate on the left leg. And even that leg has turned the corner. I am beginning to see growth of new tissue.

Back
Top Bottom