"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 12-01-2013, 08:13 PM   #15031
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

BIL used to work for Butterball, now for Armstrong. He gifted us with about 10 pounds of amazing meat, one package was half turkey, half ham, entitled Bacon Club. Seriously, both ham and turkey breast in one loaf, all rolled in cooked bacon. The other is Bacon Ranch Chicken Breast. We tried some Bacon Club, it is awesome! They're currently not available to the public, as they're experimental, but when they are available, I will buy them!

I whacked them up into chunks and put them through the Foodsaver into more useable packages. Froze some. Brought half of the packages to a neighbor who is still recovering from a motorcycle accident along with her skin grafts, and included some chicken noodle soup. We had a nice visit.

Old 12-01-2013, 08:34 PM   #15032
Chef Extraordinaire

I have been trying to stay off my foot. Impossible! I seem to have developed a love affair with the toilet bowl. I am at the point where I might just set up my bed in the tub.

My foot has been feeling good these past two days. Then today comes with running back and forth to the outhouse. Some of the pain has come back, but it is tolerable. I don't need to take a Vicodin for it. I can now touch the area where the broken bone is. I really want to sleep, but that is impossible. As soon as I doze off, I have to jump up and head for the outhouse.

Old 12-01-2013, 10:42 PM   #15033
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessFiona60 View Post
Just got done ordering a Bed Cane for myself. Figured I'd be needing some assist to get in and out of bed after I have surgery...still no date yet, just planning ahead.
I will keep you in positive thoughts & prayers. Hope you can get things scheduled quickly & all goes well. Please, keep us posted.
Old 12-01-2013, 10:55 PM   #15034
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by simonbaker View Post
I will keep you in positive thoughts & prayers. Hope you can get things scheduled quickly & all goes well. Please, keep us posted.
I figure DC is fourth on the list to be notified
Old 12-02-2013, 03:09 AM   #15035
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kayelle View Post
I just got back from the hospital visiting Cheyenne Marie. This is the first time I've been able to hold her and my heart melted holding my tiny 3lb grand daughter in my arms. She should be able to come home for Christmas!! I made her pink hat, but I'll make a Christmas elf hat to wear home.

Kayelle, she is beautiful! What a wonderful little bundle of blessing right in time for the holidays. Takes me back to when our two were born at 3 1/2 and four pounds (they were premie twins), but to look at them today you'd never know they had a rough start. He's now 6' 1 1/2" of lean muscle but his 5' 9" sister can still take him down!

Make sure you post a photo of Cheyenne as Santa's elf when you get that hat on her head.
Old 12-02-2013, 06:27 AM   #15036
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawgluver View Post
BIL used to work for Butterball, now for Armstrong. He gifted us with about 10 pounds of amazing meat, one package was half turkey, half ham, entitled Bacon Club. Seriously, both ham and turkey breast in one loaf, all rolled in cooked bacon. The other is Bacon Ranch Chicken Breast. We tried some Bacon Club, it is awesome! They're currently not available to the public, as they're experimental, but when they are available, I will buy them!

I whacked them up into chunks and put them through the Foodsaver into more useable packages. Froze some. Brought half of the packages to a neighbor who is still recovering from a motorcycle accident along with her skin grafts, and included some chicken noodle soup. We had a nice visit.
You need to find a way to get a little Swiss cheese in there
Old 12-02-2013, 06:59 AM   #15037
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addie View Post
I have been trying to stay off my foot. Impossible! I seem to have developed a love affair with the toilet bowl. I am at the point where I might just set up my bed in the tub.

My foot has been feeling good these past two days. Then today comes with running back and forth to the outhouse. Some of the pain has come back, but it is tolerable. I don't need to take a Vicodin for it. I can now touch the area where the broken bone is. I really want to sleep, but that is impossible. As soon as I doze off, I have to jump up and head for the outhouse.
You could try taking some Imodium so you can get some rest.
Old 12-02-2013, 12:34 PM   #15038
Chef Extraordinaire

Getting ready to breathe...
Old 12-02-2013, 01:55 PM   #15039
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Location: I live in the Heartland of the United States - Western Kentucky
Just had a little tête-à-tête with Miss Clairol in which she agreed to get me back to Glenn's dark-haired gypsy girl. I was getting a little, um, let's just say light around the edges. All done and looks good. Now all I need to do is to polish up the jangles on my tambourine and put on some new holiday ribbons.
Old 12-02-2013, 03:39 PM   #15040
Proud American

Mamma and I are back from the vet with Kali. She seems to be fine! But we're waiting for the test results, which should be done by 5pm.

So, we are both here looking at posts and waiting for my phone to start barking.

With love,
~Cat