"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 12-01-2013, 08:13 PM   #15031
Chef Extraordinaire
 
Dawgluver's Avatar
Site Moderator
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 24,114
BIL used to work for Butterball, now for Armstrong. He gifted us with about 10 pounds of amazing meat, one package was half turkey, half ham, entitled Bacon Club. Seriously, both ham and turkey breast in one loaf, all rolled in cooked bacon. The other is Bacon Ranch Chicken Breast. We tried some Bacon Club, it is awesome! They're currently not available to the public, as they're experimental, but when they are available, I will buy them!

I whacked them up into chunks and put them through the Foodsaver into more useable packages. Froze some. Brought half of the packages to a neighbor who is still recovering from a motorcycle accident along with her skin grafts, and included some chicken noodle soup. We had a nice visit.
__________________

__________________
She who dies with the most toys, wins.
Dawgluver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 08:34 PM   #15032
Chef Extraordinaire
 
Addie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: East Boston, MA
Posts: 19,045
I have been trying to stay off my foot. Impossible! I seem to have developed a love affair with the toilet bowl. I am at the point where I might just set up my bed in the tub.

My foot has been feeling good these past two days. Then today comes with running back and forth to the outhouse. Some of the pain has come back, but it is tolerable. I don't need to take a Vicodin for it. I can now touch the area where the broken bone is. I really want to sleep, but that is impossible. As soon as I doze off, I have to jump up and head for the outhouse.
__________________

__________________
Illegitimi non carborundum!
I don't want my last words to be, "I wish I had spent more time doing housework"
Addie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 10:42 PM   #15033
Chef Extraordinaire
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 10,524
Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessFiona60 View Post
Just got done ordering a Bed Cane for myself. Figured I'd be needing some assist to get in and out of bed after I have surgery...still no date yet, just planning ahead.
I will keep you in positive thoughts & prayers. Hope you can get things scheduled quickly & all goes well. Please, keep us posted.
__________________
simonbaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 10:55 PM   #15034
Ogress Supreme
 
PrincessFiona60's Avatar
Site Administrator
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Wyoming
Posts: 36,297
Quote:
Originally Posted by simonbaker View Post
I will keep you in positive thoughts & prayers. Hope you can get things scheduled quickly & all goes well. Please, keep us posted.
I figure DC is fourth on the list to be notified
__________________
PrincessFiona60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 03:09 AM   #15035
Master Chef
 
Cooking Goddess's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Body in MA ~ Heart in OH
Posts: 8,273
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kayelle View Post
I just got back from the hospital visiting Cheyenne Marie. This is the first time I've been able to hold her and my heart melted holding my tiny 3lb grand daughter in my arms. She should be able to come home for Christmas!! I made her pink hat, but I'll make a Christmas elf hat to wear home.

Kayelle, she is beautiful! What a wonderful little bundle of blessing right in time for the holidays. Takes me back to when our two were born at 3 1/2 and four pounds (they were premie twins), but to look at them today you'd never know they had a rough start. He's now 6' 1 1/2" of lean muscle but his 5' 9" sister can still take him down!

Make sure you post a photo of Cheyenne as Santa's elf when you get that hat on her head.
__________________
... nothing is given. Everything is earned. You work for what you have... ~~~ LeBron James
Cooking Goddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 06:27 AM   #15036
Chef Extraordinaire
 
pacanis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: NW PA
Posts: 18,751
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawgluver View Post
BIL used to work for Butterball, now for Armstrong. He gifted us with about 10 pounds of amazing meat, one package was half turkey, half ham, entitled Bacon Club. Seriously, both ham and turkey breast in one loaf, all rolled in cooked bacon. The other is Bacon Ranch Chicken Breast. We tried some Bacon Club, it is awesome! They're currently not available to the public, as they're experimental, but when they are available, I will buy them!

I whacked them up into chunks and put them through the Foodsaver into more useable packages. Froze some. Brought half of the packages to a neighbor who is still recovering from a motorcycle accident along with her skin grafts, and included some chicken noodle soup. We had a nice visit.
You need to find a way to get a little Swiss cheese in there
__________________
Give us this day our daily bacon.
pacanis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 06:59 AM   #15037
Chef Extraordinaire
 
GotGarlic's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Southeastern Virginia
Posts: 16,877
Quote:
Originally Posted by Addie View Post
I have been trying to stay off my foot. Impossible! I seem to have developed a love affair with the toilet bowl. I am at the point where I might just set up my bed in the tub.

My foot has been feeling good these past two days. Then today comes with running back and forth to the outhouse. Some of the pain has come back, but it is tolerable. I don't need to take a Vicodin for it. I can now touch the area where the broken bone is. I really want to sleep, but that is impossible. As soon as I doze off, I have to jump up and head for the outhouse.
You could try taking some Imodium so you can get some rest.
__________________
The trouble with eating Italian food is that five or six days later you're hungry again. ~ George Miller
GotGarlic is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 12:34 PM   #15038
Chef Extraordinaire
 
pacanis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: NW PA
Posts: 18,751
Getting ready to breathe...
__________________
Give us this day our daily bacon.
pacanis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 01:55 PM   #15039
Chef Extraordinaire
 
Katie H's Avatar
Site Moderator
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: I live in the Heartland of the United States - Western Kentucky
Posts: 15,158
Just had a little tête-à-tête with Miss Clairol in which she agreed to get me back to Glenn's dark-haired gypsy girl. I was getting a little, um, let's just say light around the edges. All done and looks good. Now all I need to do is to polish up the jangles on my tambourine and put on some new holiday ribbons.
__________________
"As a girl I had zero interest in the stove." - Julia Child
This is real inspiration. Look what Julia became!
Katie H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 03:39 PM   #15040
Proud American
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Asheville
Posts: 2,142
Mamma and I are back from the vet with Kali. She seems to be fine! But we're waiting for the test results, which should be done by 5pm.

So, we are both here looking at posts and waiting for my phone to start barking.

With love,
~Cat
__________________

__________________
CatPat is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Discuss Cooking on Facebook

Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:02 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.