What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Were replacing 3 of them. Living room, bedroom's.
I'd like one for the dining room. I'm tired of looking at that aged old 80's style chandelier with those gawdy globes that's up now. so now were up to 4.

Does it matter what kind?
The dining room does connect to the kitchen if that helps?

Munky.

I feel like I've missed something here. I read back several pages and I can't find a previous post about this. You're replacing three or four chandeliers?

I'm resting before I go make dinner. After working at the Extension Office today for our Open Garden, where I bought several new plants, I spent much of the afternoon planting. I've got most of the vegetables in and all of the flowers. I still need a few things, including some for the pots on the front porch. But I'm making progress [emoji2]

I've been in and out, watching the Derby and back out. We had a rain-less thunderstorm, I had to go let Jethro inside as Mom and Dad were out and about for the day. One clap of thunder and I had two cats climbing me. Decided the dog was probably going to jump the fence if it happened again.

I'd like one for the dining room. I'm tired of looking at that aged old 80's style chandelier with those gawdy globes that's up now. so now were up to 4.

Munky.

My sister wanted to replace her overhead kitchen light. Her table sat in the middle of the room. She had her husband install a chandelier where the light of the bulb shown up on the ceiling. It caused shadows to be cast down on the table and made it unpleasant to sit there. That lasted about one week. She replaced that one where the globes and bulbs shown down on the table. And she had her husband also install a dimmer switch. Just some food for thought for you. It does make a difference how and where the light shines.

I feel like I've missed something here. I read back several pages and I can't find a previous post about this. You're replacing three or four chandeliers?

Sorry about that GG Dahling.

Hubby was calling me "Uh, can I get some help back here?" as I was typing.

To clear it up. I'm looking to replace the chandelier light that's in the dining room. I want a fan with lights instead. Being that the dining room connects with the kitchen I'm not sure if it's now a good idea or not.
What I have now is hard to keep clean.

Munky.

Gotcha. I have ceiling fans with lights in all of our downstairs rooms and bedrooms, except the foyer. They're a necessity here, with the heat and humidity. I would go for it [emoji2]

Have you changed your mind about moving Munky, or are you preparing the house to put on the market?

Wild horses couldn't make us change our minds.Go ahead and drag us through the towns square.Were still moving.

The bureaucrats and Dr's are holding up the show.
While they're doing what they do best.

Two can play at that game.I'm doing a few added touches of my own to the house because that's what I do best :)

Realtors are showing up at my door at odd hours wanting to be the chosen one to sell our house. One in particular doesn't know another realtor from the same office threw him under the bus. Literally.

Munky.

Addie, glad to read that your leg is growing new tissue.

Thank you. In a couple of weeks, the ulcer on the right leg will be completely healed. And as far as the left leg........

Well, I think I can stop trying to prepare myself for amputation. That leg also is beginning to show signs of new tissue.

Wild horses couldn't make us change our minds.Go ahead and drag us through the towns square.Were still moving.

The bureaucrats and Dr's are holding up the show.
While they're doing what they do best.

Two can play at that game. I'm doing a few added touches of my own to the house because that's what I do best :)

Realtors are showing up at my door at odd hours wanting to be the chosen one to sell our house. One in particular doesn't know another realtor from the same office threw him under the bus. Literally.

Munky.

Munky you have my sympathy. Moving is such a hassle. Your friendly neighbors are going to miss you. Just don't mention them to the new owners.

Building a composter...30 minutes my donkey! I left it till last for today and it's starting to get dark. Been out weeding, planting and watering.

Munky.

Hiya, Munky. I have 5 ceiling fans - one in each bedroom, one in the living room, and one over the dining room table. My dining room one is similar to the one shown below, I love it. The single dome lighting cover is nicer, IMO, than the ones that have the open-type lighting (I don't know what to call them) - I just don't like the glare of bare bulbs showing and they're easier to clean. :)

https://www.lightingdirect.com/hunter-buchanan-52-buchanan-52-5-blade-ceiling-fan/p3281851

My bedroom ceiling fans have remotes, and that is SUPER handy if you're lazy like me and don't want to get up to change the fan speed or adjust the lighting. ;) The remotes also have dimmers on them - an extra added plus.

I'm looking at replacing the one in the living room soon, in fact I was just at Home Depot a couple of days ago looking at them. It will have a remote, too. :) Best of luck to you in your search! I'm a fan of Hunter brand - they're nice and they have a lot of different styles.

Last edited:
Building a composter...30 minutes my donkey! I left it till last for today and it's starting to get dark. Been out weeding, planting and watering.

Thank you for today's laugh. And you were silly enough to believe that 30 minute foolishness?

There is a song from Gilbert and Sullivan's HMS Pinafore.

"Things Are Seldom What They Seem! is first line. I think that fits this predicament perfectly. One can't believe everything they read or hear.

My 4 months of wild :wacko: bachelorhood is coming to an end.. Jeannie fly's in from Vegas today.. We will continue living with my daughter and SIL until our apartment comes free in June..

We will spend our time here choosing things for the apartment as, we brought zero furnishings to MO..

As I have said before, the kitchen is mine... ;)
Thus far, an IP is the only appliance I have purchased.. I have also picked up the odd baking and dessert for two servers from thrift shopping..

Oh... I also picked up an apartment sized dining table and 2 chairs which I refurbished and painted..

Oh.. I also bought a recliner from LazyBoy..

Well heck... I guess I'm way ahead of the game... :LOL:

Ross

I've been awake since Saturday morning at 8AM.

Went to visit my mom Saturday afternoon, then worked 7P to 11A yesterday, went straight to my son's rugby game, then straight back into work until I just got out now.

I'm feeling kinda weird, like things are floating around, and my ears are ringing like crazy, so I guess it's time to go to bed.

"Feelin' down and dirty, feelin' kind of mean
I've been from one to another extreme"

I got to check out the car in which James Corden shoots his "Carpool Karaoke" at work over the weekend as they were wiring it uo, so that was pretty cool.

Attachments

• 0506181053_HDR.jpg
    0506181053_HDR.jpg
    66.9 KB · Views: 82
  • 0506181054b_HDR.jpg
    0506181054b_HDR.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 75
  • 0506181054a_HDR.jpg
    0506181054a_HDR.jpg
    69 KB · Views: 81
Last edited:
Back