"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 12-02-2013, 03:44 PM   #15041
Chef Extraordinaire

Good luck with her.

Old 12-02-2013, 04:16 PM   #15042
Proud American

I feel much better! The vet called back, and Kali has an irritable bowel. I'm taking her back tomorrow for an anti-inflammatory shot. The vet recommended a bland diet of boiled chicken and we'll speak of changing the cat food tomorrow.

Now I'm thawing two chicken breasts in the microwave, and I've taken away the regular cat food. They both are going to have to eat this until Kali gets better and I can put them on a better cat food.

With love,
~Cat

Old 12-02-2013, 04:29 PM   #15043
Chef Extraordinaire

I'm glad to hear it's not more serious, Cat

I just finished straightening up, putting dishes away, etc. Now I'm going to scan some more pics from a neighbor's album. I volunteered to be the historian for our neighborhood civic league and a neighbor loaned me a photo album his parents put together for his uncle: pictures of homes and businesses around the neighborhood with the names of people who had lived there for a long time. I'm hoping to collect stories about them from older neighbors.

Some of the structures are no longer here, like the old train depot. At the turn of the 20th century, my neighborhood was a resort area with boarding houses and piers into the river with trolley service from downtown.
Old 12-02-2013, 04:34 PM   #15044
Proud American

Quote:
Originally Posted by GotGarlic View Post
I'm glad to hear it's not more serious, Cat

I just finished straightening up, putting dishes away, etc. Now I'm going to scan some more pics from a neighbor's album. I volunteered to be the historian for our neighborhood civic league and a neighbor loaned me a photo album his parents put together for his uncle: pictures of homes and businesses around the neighborhood with the names of people who had lived there for a long time. I'm hoping to collect stories about them from older neighbors.

Some of the structures are no longer here, like the old train depot. At the turn of the 20th century, my neighborhood was a resort area with boarding houses and piers into the river with trolley service from downtown.
Thank you, GG! And I'm sure you'll do very well with your project.

With love,
~Cat
Old 12-02-2013, 08:05 PM   #15045
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
Cat, glad to hear that your kitty isn't seriously ill. I hope you find a good quality cat food for her.
Old 12-02-2013, 09:50 PM   #15046
Chef Extraordinaire

Got home from the pool, had a turkey sandwich & am relaxing in the recliner.
Old 12-03-2013, 01:19 AM   #15047
Certified Cake Maniac

I just stopped in to pay my respects regarding Kadesma's passing as I know there is strength in numbers and it was better to be here than by myself.

It is good to see some familiar names.

I have a shout out to Pacanis if he is still kicking around the place - I got my hands on a 2 year old Balderson cheddar and am savouring every bite!

Not sure when I will be back. My health conditions have escalated and I am not on the computer all that much. But I love you all.

http://beinglydia.com
LPBeier is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 02:08 AM   #15048
Master Chef

Take care LP. Even when you aren't posting here you know you aren't far from our thoughts. ((hugs))
Old 12-03-2013, 02:11 AM   #15049
Master Chef

Winding down from a busy day enjoying my glass of wine. Wishing my ankles were only half their age instead of feeling twice their age. Anyone know of really comfortable yet reasonably priced shoes for crabby feet? At this point I don't even care if they're what I used to call "Nun shoes".
Old 12-03-2013, 04:46 AM   #15050
Master Chef

I wanted to suggest "ecco"-shoes to you, but they are even more expensive in the US than here....
You could try with some good outdoor/walking shoes.. I made good experience with that, too..

LiGruess cara ~~~ Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, wine in the other, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"
cara is offline   Reply With Quote