What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Well, next week I am going to go to one of the very few states I have never been to... South Dakota. I'll be shooting a collection of Pontiacs in the middle of Nowhere. Seriously, the nearest hotel is twenty miles away from where the cars are. The nearest paved road is a mile from where the cars are.

25 Pontiacs in Nowhere, South Dakota. I never saw that one coming. :LOL:

CD

No Where, So Dak sounds close to Lingle, WY. I'll wave as you go by.

I'm going to Wolsey, SD. If we get lost and are running out of food, I may be knocking on your door. You are 460 miles from where I'm going, but when I get lost, I get really lost. :LOL:

CD

I'm going to Wolsey, SD. If we get lost and are running out of food, I may be knocking on your door. You are 460 miles from where I'm going, but when I get lost, I get really lost. :LOL:

CD

At least you know where to find sustenance if you get lost in this direction. AND I like the same music you do...

We're sitting here in the apartment, it's dead quiet and then all of a sudden ---

BOOM !!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8J35C09Q_gA

Scared the ---expletive--- crap out of me!
Extremely out of character and schedule for this day of the week,
but beautiful all the same :)

This all took place not 1 block from our place!
If we hadn't been in our PJ's already, we would probably have rushed over to the beach to watch it up close andMUCH MORE personally :LOL: But our lanai served well enough ...

If you're SURE you can afford it, don't hesitate.

That's what people keep telling me.
I've reached a point where quality time is more important to me than working 60 hours a week. Way overdue. I've been self-employed for close to 40 yrs and never at any point in my career loved or enjoyed what I did.

I've crunched some numbers and we will be able to afford it, without any sacrifice.

That's what people keep telling me.
I've reached a point where quality time is more important to me than working 60 hours a week. Way overdue. I've been self-employed for close to 40 yrs and never at any point in my career loved or enjoyed what I did.

I've crunched some numbers and we will be able to afford it, without any sacrifice.

I'd say retire while you're still young enough and healthy enough to enjoy it, along with being able to afford it. I worked at a job I loved for a long time. Then there came a bunch of changes, in work duties, clueless admin, lots of things, and work was no longer fun, it became a royal pain and I hated it. I retired early, and have never regretted it.

Good luck in whatever you decide!

I'd say retire while you're still young enough and healthy enough to enjoy it, along with being able to afford it. I worked at a job I loved for a long time. Then there came a bunch of changes, in work duties, clueless admin, lots of things, and work was no longer fun, it became a royal pain and I hated it. I retired early, and have never regretted it.

Good luck in whatever you decide!
+1... :)

Ross

Sitting here listening to the Eddie Arnold albums with the headphones on so not to wake Pirate.

I am still fuming over having not received a date for the removal of the slough on my wound. It seems all the OR's are booked up for elective surgery. College kids are getting out for the rest of the summer and time for those boob jobs the female students think they really need. (They bring in the big insurance checks.) I am sorry, but I am of the old school. Learn to accept and be happy with what God gave you. And if "He" can't accept you as you are, then sooner or later he will start to find other faults he thinks you may have. My surgery need is not life threatening. A good lesson in the practice of patience. But he did remove what he could today without causing me to scream too loudly.

I am sitting here quietly thinking and smiling about the girls who do the check-ins at the clinic. The second they see the wheels of the chair showing past the divider, they bring up my record and tell me "all checked in Addie." Then when I am leaving, it is "See you next Wednesday, same time." I just yell back, "Caltaldo." The name of the company that is providing my ride home. Today, by the time I got downstairs, the vehicle was waiting for me. Now that is SERVICE!

For the past two days, I have been able to stand on both feet. The good leg still carries most of the weight, but it is a start. The first time I realized what I was doing, I started to cry really hard. Pirate thought I had hurt myself. It has been a few months since I was able to do that. YEA!!!! And I have new tissue growing around the edge of the wound. Today was a day of just good news all around. :):):)

Thanks. I'll be 64 this summer and am ready to call it quits. I will be able to spend more time with my other duties and obligations, like taking care of my aging parents.

Best wishes to you, roadfix! My mom was the main reason I took an early retirement, and I'm so glad I did. :heart:

Thanks. I'll be 64 this summer and am ready to call it quits. I will be able to spend more time with my other duties and obligations, like taking care of my aging parents.

My plan is not to come to an official retirement day, but to just keep doing fewer jobs, and being more picky about the jobs I choose to do.

That's the plan, anyway. We'll see how that works out.

CCD

My plan is not to come to an official retirement day, but to just keep doing fewer jobs, and being more picky about the jobs I choose to do.

That's the plan, anyway. We'll see how that works out.

CCD
That was my intention too. Then I got tired of doing income tax for other people (I used to love doing it.) and said what the heck, I'm retiring.

While waiting for the rain to dry up I decided to change oil, fuel filters and clean the radiator out on my pickup truck. It was running warm and the air conditioning didn't work very well anymore. In hindsight I should have separated the bolts instead of throwing them all in one pile. I had a bunch left over and had to take it back apart to figure out where they went. IMG_20180517_112429.jpg

That was my intention too. Then I got tired of doing income tax for other people (I used to love doing it.) and said what the heck, I'm retiring.

+1. Funny isn't it, how life's circumstances change our plans and intentions. I was going to teach until I was in my early 70's. :) I'm SO enjoying retirement and often think I'm busier now than when I was working.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom