What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Finishing up a bunch of odds and ends on our camper. We leave on our trip in one week. Pretty much ready to roll. Just want to take care of some cosmetic stuff. IMG_20180605_173534.jpgIMG_20180605_143858.jpg

Wow, Farmer Jon, that is some camping set-up! I bet you could pitch a platform tent on the section between the cab and the camper if you needed more sleeping space.

Happy trails!

Awesome job on the camper rig, FJ !

I'm in the middle of installing metal roofing panels over our pergola. My wife decided she needed more than partial shading the pergola provided. Oh well...

What am I doing? I just pulled a cake out of the oven..yes, me. Can you believe it?
I haven't made it in years but if it's as good as I remember, I'll post the easy recipe.
Granny Pineapple Cake.

What am I doing? I just pulled a cake out of the oven..yes, me. Can you believe it?
I haven't made it in years but if it's as good as I remember, I'll post the easy recipe.
Granny Pineapple Cake.

I would love to see the recipe, Kay. I love pineapple anything. :yum:

Awesome job on the camper rig, FJ !

I'm in the middle of installing metal roofing panels over our pergola. My wife decided she needed more than partial shading the pergola provided. Oh well...

Except for a place for climbing vines, I have never understood the purpose of a pergola. Waiting for those vines to grow enough in order to provide shade, can take a heck of a long time.

What a nice husband.

Here it is Sunday morning and I am wide awake. I slept really good last night and woke up with a knot in the neck muscle. So after I get off the computer, I will force myself to sit still long enough for the heating pad to give me some relief. Then I have to get the ingredients together for a plain yellow cake.

Pirate has sort of been on a diet. So far he has lost 40 pounds. He is wanting something sweet to have on hand for snacking. No frosting, just the cake part. So I told him I would guide him through making the cake.

After all that I absolutely have to take apart the window fan.

Sitting here finishing my coffee, listening to Willie Geist talk to Claire Danes. waiting for Mom to get up so we can get the daily routine started for her.

We have been spending a portion of each day shopping for apt stuff.. and a portion of each day waiting for deliveries..and a portion of each day assembling things.. Too damn many portions... :mad:

Of course, kitchen items have been high on my priority list.. :chef:

I suppose its just me but, I have been all over Springfield trying to find a carbon steel wok to replace the one I left in Cali.. Teflon, teflon, teflon..WTH???
The Asian stores here all have HUGE rolled steel woks.. I don't have a HUGE apartment nor do I cook for a HUGE crowd.. (I did find everything I need for Asian cooking tho) :yum:

Anyway, I finally found one..In a chain kitchen supply shop which caters, mainly, to hipsters.. ;) Are there 78 year old hipsters??.. :wacko:
...and its needs to be seasoned..

Yayyy!!! I love seasoning a real wok.. :)

Ross

Last edited:
LOL! Ross, I'm trying to decide if your post belongs here, or in the "Petty Vents" or "Today's Funny" thread! :LOL: I completely agree with you, though, in how hard it's become finding things unless you shop on the internet. Being a touchy-feely shopper, I online shop as little as possible.

Have fun seasoning the wok. One of those babies will last a lifetime. Although, at our ages, it's getting to the point that Teflon might last that same lifetime...:ermm:

LOL! Ross, I'm trying to decide if your post belongs here, or in the "Petty Vents" or "Today's Funny" thread! :LOL: I completely agree with you, though, in how hard it's become finding things unless you shop on the internet. Being a touchy-feely shopper, I online shop as little as possible.

Have fun seasoning the wok. One of those babies will last a lifetime. Although, at our ages, it's getting to the point that Teflon might last that same lifetime...:ermm:
Yeah... I vacillated between two of the 3 threads.. :wacko:

My old wok is one of the things I regret not bringing with me. Oh well. I gave it to my grandson, along with all my CI collection.. He loves to cook so, it all went to a good home..
I am a big time online shopper.. Much of our apartment is being outfitted online.. A few things, such as the wok, I want to touch..

Ross

Ross

I'm in Memphis today, back to Dallas tomorrow night, work in Dallas the rest of the week, then on to somewhere else for a few days (tentative -- won't know till the day before), then back to Dallas next Thursday and Friday, and then to Sarasota again for most of the following week.

Ross, I had a feeling you sold/gave away too much kitchen stuff. Well, I hope you can afford and will enjoy replacing it.

CD

I'm in Memphis today, back to Dallas tomorrow night, work in Dallas the rest of the week, then on to somewhere else for a few days (tentative -- won't know till the day before), then back to Dallas next Thursday and Friday, and then to Sarasota again for most of the following week.

Ross, I had a feeling you sold/gave away too much kitchen stuff. Well, I hope you can afford and will enjoy replacing it.

CD
Actually, there are only a few things I regret leaving behind. My intent was to minimize and I, certainly, have done that.

As do many of us, I just had too much stuff. I am gathering items which have more than one purpose. So far, it seems to be working out pretty well.. :)

Ross

Being lazy this AM - Mom is sleeping in and it's misting outside. So instead of going out for my walk, I'll stay in and catch up on e-mails then finish watching some things I recorded on PBS last week until she gets up.

Back
Top Bottom