"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 01-21-2012, 09:08 AM   #1501
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveSoMD View Post
Couldn't sleep... woke up about 2 hours ago...tossed and turned...couldn't drift off so I'm on here keeping quiet until a decent hour to get up and make coffee.
Make that coffee right now. The best time to make it is when you want it.

When my kids were small, I used to get up about an hour before they did in the warm weather. I would take my cup of coffee and go sit on the front porch and watch all the husbands go off to work. The wives were not happy with me. All they heard was; "Addie gets up early every morning and waves goodbye to all of us . Why can't you?" This was MY quiet time before my day began. The wives were so happy when it got too cold for me to sit outside.

Old 01-21-2012, 01:01 PM   #1502
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

I have to reorganize the pantry today, the oatmeal canister tried to escape yesterday and there is oatmeal (steel-cut) all over the place. Shrek is getting ready to go play with his guitar friends, so I'll be able to toss in any old movie and clean away.

Old 01-21-2012, 02:01 PM   #1503
Executive Chef

I forget who it was who did it, but you guys who have cataloged your freezer's contents have made me want to do mine now! I would like to have a list of everything in there, but the task itself is freaking me out!

See what you've done now?!
Old 01-21-2012, 03:40 PM   #1504
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timothy View Post
I forget who it was who did it, but you guys who have cataloged your freezer's contents have made me want to do mine now! I would like to have a list of everything in there, but the task itself is freaking me out!

See what you've done now?!
That was my intention. Someone posted about a freezer inventory last year, and I'm really glad I did it. It's easy to keep up once you've done the initial work. Go ahead, Timothy, you'll be glad you did.

If you can't see the bright side of life, polish the dull side.
Zhizara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 07:29 PM   #1505
Chef Extraordinaire

Earlier today I was sitting at my computer conversing with my friends. I got up to go to the outhouse and all of a sudden I became very sleepy. So from past experience, I knew that I had to lay down, or fall down. The latter didn't seem like a good option. The next thing I know is the phone is ringing and it is six o'clock. Dang Vicodin. I usually only take one. I took two this morning because my leg was really in a lot of pain. I still can't get over that I slept the whole afternoon away.
Old 01-21-2012, 07:51 PM   #1506
Chef Extraordinaire

vacuumed the sun room, using small vac. mostly to get the kibbles and litter the cats scatter. baked pumpkin muffins. showered, that's it. lazy, cold, dreary, rainy day.
Old 01-21-2012, 09:13 PM   #1507
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Location: I live in the Heartland of the United States - Western Kentucky
Watching The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen and working on a knitting project.
Old 01-21-2012, 10:23 PM   #1508
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addie
Earlier today I was sitting at my computer conversing with my friends. I got up to go to the outhouse and all of a sudden I became very sleepy. So from past experience, I knew that I had to lay down, or fall down. The latter didn't seem like a good option. The next thing I know is the phone is ringing and it is six o'clock. Dang Vicodin. I usually only take one. I took two this morning because my leg was really in a lot of pain. I still can't get over that I slept the whole afternoon away.
That is better than what happens if I take vicodin. I am sick throwing up all afternoon. Codeine on the other hand makes me sleep my life away. Glad you are awake now.
Old 01-21-2012, 10:31 PM   #1509
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

If I take one Vicodin (lortab), I can get up, go to work, have a good day. If I take two, I can jump out of bed, run around the block 6 times, go to work, run, run, run...get home and run around the block a few times some more and stay awake half the night. I don't know why they do that to me. That's the %'s, the 7.5's make me throw up, the 10's are just fine, relaxed and can get some decent sleep. It just doesn't make sense.
Old 01-21-2012, 11:05 PM   #1510
Chef Extraordinaire

mofet, i'm at pizzatowne right now, picking up a sausage, hot peppers, no onions, parm, extra sauce.

ya want somethin'?

waiting for someone or something to show you the way.
buckytom is online now   Reply With Quote