What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
While moving boxes around in the garage last week.I saw a light shining on the floor.
Thought it was Jesus paying me a visit.

Looked up and discovered that the crows that my crazy lady neighbor insists on feeding walnuts to has now damaged my roof.They sit up there and break them.
The shingles have been opened enough that they poked holes right through the tarp.

I need to get a roofer out here and check the whole roof for damages.:glare:

I wish she would stop feeding them,wondering what kind of shape her shak is in?

What's this new mess going to cost me?

Munky.

While moving boxes around in the garage last week.I saw a light shining on the floor.
Thought it was Jesus paying me a visit.

Looked up and discovered that the crows that my crazy lady neighbor insists on feeding walnuts to has now damaged my roof.They sit up there and break them.
The shingles have been opened enough that they poked holes right through the tarp.

I need to get a roofer out here and check the whole roof for damages.:glare:

I wish she would stop feeding them,wondering what kind of shape her shak is in?

What's this new mess going to cost me?

Munky.
Perhaps you could politely suggest that she feeds them walnuts out of the shells?

Perhaps you could politely suggest that she feeds them walnuts out of the shells?

The last time I did anything polite for that woman was a big mistake.

I have in the past as well as others suggested/asked she stop doing that.
She puts everything on a huge pan with birdseed as well.She just laughs.

Just finished making a bunch of American Girl doll clothes or clothes that will fit similarly-sized 18-inch dolls.

I've been sewing for a couple of months with a view toward enhancing the wardrobes of our granddaughters' dolls.

The project kind of took on a life of its own and, now, I have created a slew of clothes. Gonna sell what I don't give to the granddaughters.

I've included photos of some of the recent completed outfits. Many of the tee shirts are created from onsies I've scavenged from our local Goodwill stores. The butterfly one and the one with the pink flower in the middle of the top are two such shirts.

All in the photos are up for sale.

Attachments

• Image0032.jpg
    Image0032.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 124
  • Image0035.jpg
    Image0035.jpg
    22.7 KB · Views: 100
  • Image0034.jpg
    Image0034.jpg
    24 KB · Views: 94
  • Image0033.jpg
    Image0033.jpg
    26.4 KB · Views: 107
  • Image0036.jpg
    Image0036.jpg
    38.2 KB · Views: 116
  • Image0038.jpg
    Image0038.jpg
    24.1 KB · Views: 117
  • Image0039.jpg
    Image0039.jpg
    25.7 KB · Views: 111
  • Image0037.jpg
    Image0037.jpg
    31.8 KB · Views: 115
One more work day and I'll be on vacation. The weekend of the 23rd will be Shrek's memorial, I feel anxiety, sadness and relief all at the same time. Saturday I am cooking for the Festival of Hope, a cancer support group in Nebraska. They helped us buy the nutritional supplements Shrek needed while he was going through chemo and radiation. My best friend will be there with me.

Aw PF, big (((hugs))) and lots of love coming your way. Be strong, dear.

We love ribs, too, Rascal. If you weren't literally on the other side of the world, I'd try to trade good beer for some good ribs. BTW, welcome to DC!

Those American Girl doll clothes are so cute, Katie! Have you ever made "dolly and me" matching clothing for your granddaughters and their dolls? I bet they'd think it was really fun - unless they've outgrown that stage.

Farmer Jon, Himself said he's seen something like that - but not as awesome-sauce great with the rig - and the family had ramped a small car on that space behind the truck cab. So much fun for vacation! Enjoy your trip.

What I'm doing (or, rather avoiding at the moment) is working away at deep-cleaning the sun room. Still. Pollen! :wacko: I got half the room cleaned yesterday. With the windows open today, one swipe of the dust rag (an old black sock) turned it yellow. :glare: I still have six (of 18) glass ceiling panels to "wash" with Glass Plus, plus the wooden beams that divide the panels and form the room. Right now I'm wishing that the only Beam I was dealing with came with the first name of Jim...

Those American Girl doll clothes are so cute, Katie! Have you ever made "dolly and me" matching clothing for your granddaughters and their dolls? I bet they'd think it was really fun - unless they've outgrown that stage.

The granddaughters are still in the very low single digits in age but their mother is very, very particular about their wardrobe so no look alike outfits with their dolls. Instead, they'll get a blizzard of doll clothes at Christmastime.

Tomorrow I'll be making a candy striper outfit that is so cute I can hardly stand it.

Katie...those little doll clothes are beyond adorable! :wub:
Jon...I wish I was there in your camp spot, it certainly does look over-the- top luxurious.

Princess...big hugs to you, I know that 'the date' is approaching and understand all the feelings kind of wrapped up into one emotional state. Take care and I hope you enjoy your vacation. :heart:

Rascal, ribs sound good, and welcome!!

CG...what a huge job cleaning all those windows. I love windows but hate cleaning them...and I don't have a fraction of what you have in one room alone, sounds like. :LOL: You'll love it when you're done. :ermm::)

The sun just went down behind the Sierras, I finished cleaning up the kitchen, and thinking I'll pour myself a glass of wine and sit out on the patio for a few. :)

Last edited:
The last time I did anything polite for that woman was a big mistake.

I have in the past as well as others suggested/asked she stop doing that.
She puts everything on a huge pan with birdseed as well.She just laughs.

:ohmy: Does she not know that crows are scavengers, will eat anything, and that they don't need expensive walnuts to survive? Sheesh. So sorry Munky...bet you'll be glad to be rid of her as a neighbor when you all move. Hugs to you.

...CG...what a huge job cleaning all those windows. I love windows but hate cleaning them...and I don't have a fraction of what you have in one room alone, sounds like. :LOL: You'll love it when you're done. :ermm::)...
So. Much. Glass. The older I get, the more I'm rethinking this "glass box" room vs an add-on enclosed porch. 18 ceiling "windows", plus another dozen around the three sides - those are mostly 2 1/2' x 5' in size. The "wall" windows aren't bad, but the ceiling involves a lot of up-down-up-rotate-rotate-down on a ladder. And I'm not as steady as that raccoon that climbed the USB tower in Minnesota, either. :LOL:

Raccoon captivates internet with Minnesota skyscraper climb

Just picked up three, 15-gallon Black Bamboos for planting in my patio this weekend. I always wanted these exotic looking bamboos as a privacy screen and wind block. Everyone else around here have Golden Bamboos planted in their back yards.

So. Much. Glass. The older I get, the more I'm rethinking this "glass box" room vs an add-on enclosed porch. 18 ceiling "windows", plus another dozen around the three sides - those are mostly 2 1/2' x 5' in size. The "wall" windows aren't bad, but the ceiling involves a lot of up-down-up-rotate-rotate-down on a ladder. And I'm not as steady as that raccoon that climbed the USB tower in Minnesota, either. :LOL:

Raccoon captivates internet with Minnesota skyscraper climb

:ohmy: I SO don't do ladders anymore, they scare me to death. Unlike the scaling raccoon in the link you posted...holy cow, glad he's ok! :ohmy::LOL:

No more ladder for a while, Cheryl. Meanwhile, I'm thoroughly enjoying my little corner of paradise. Love my sun room - now that the cleaning is done! Don't forget, everywhere you see floor has glass above, along with five ceiling beams.

Attachments

• 20180615_194918.jpg
    20180615_194918.jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 141
  • 20180615_194947.jpg
    20180615_194947.jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 115
My New Job ? SHOPPING!!!

I just finished my first shift as a shopper! The company is InstaCart, and they PAY me to go to neighborhood stores, fill shopping lists and deliver them! They provide me with an app and a debit card. I pick up 2 hour blocks of time(the hardest part of the job), and when the shift starts, they send me the order, the store location, and the customer’s address. They don’t pay for anything but the groceries, but I’m an independent contractor, so the mileage, gas, and any other expenditures are all deductible.

What a great supplemental income job for someone who knows their way around a grocery store!?! Although, my second order today was at PetCo, for food and supplies for cats. I know nothing about cats, except that they make me sneeze and itch. Luckily, all I had to do with that order was drop it off at the door. No tip, but I didn’t have to deal with my allergies.

What a hoot! And perfect for a 24/7 caregiver. I just have to make sure Mark’s wearing his Life Alert for the few hours I’m gone.

I was a bit stressed today, as it was my first time, and they emphasize speed. But I think tomorrow will be easier. Saturday night means less traffic here in Vegas, after all (unless I have to get anywhere near the Strip).

This could be fun!

Last edited:
No more ladder for a while, Cheryl. Meanwhile, I'm thoroughly enjoying my little corner of paradise. Love my sun room - now that the cleaning is done! Don't forget, everywhere you see floor has glass above, along with five ceiling beams.

Wow CG...what a beautiful little corner of your own paradise, for sure! I'd have a hard time leaving that room no matter what season it is. :ohmy::wub:

Back
Top Bottom