"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions
Click Here to Login

Old 12-05-2013, 10:39 PM   #15131
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Location: I live in the Heartland of the United States - Western Kentucky
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotGarlic View Post
Are the vehicles gassed up with plenty of windshield defrost liquid? I'm guessing yes - you seem quite well prepared

Here's hoping there's little or no damage. Sorry you have to miss Christmas with the kids. My mom likes to say people should celebrate Christmas in July, but of course, she flies to California to see the grandkids anyway
Yes. Both vehicles and the motorcycle are filled to the top. All fluids are taken care of. Made sure of that on Monday.

Hoping for the best. We're going to bed soon and will see what tomorrow brings.

Old 12-05-2013, 11:09 PM   #15132
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katie H View Post
Yes. Both vehicles and the motorcycle are filled to the top. All fluids are taken care of. Made sure of that on Monday.

Hoping for the best. We're going to bed soon and will see what tomorrow brings.
Thanks for keeping us posted.

I won't miss all those preparations; I experienced many extended power outages the last 4 decades in Southern Ohio. The last one being the derecho of May/June 2012. I brought my generator with me, but will be selling it once my storage unit is emptied.

Good luck!

Old 12-06-2013, 12:56 AM   #15133
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
Katie, I sure hope your storm is mild.

I spent the afternoon and evening with a close friend. She doesn't have a car, so we went to Ikea - her choice. We were going to have supper at my house, but when we got to my house I was too tired to cook. Stirling suggested that we go out to eat, so we went to the local Greek restaurant.

Then I drove her home with her Ikea purchases and my old food processor. Had a good time and got stuff out of my house.

I am posting from my phone because I spilled a bit of coffee on my laptop earlier today. I quickly turned it off and soaked up as much of the coffee as possible with a tissue. I will give it about 24 hours to dry before I turn it on and find out if it still works. Wish me luck.
Old 12-06-2013, 02:17 AM   #15134
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoAnn L. View Post
I was just thinking that I should remind everyone to watch your purse while shopping. My sons girlfriend had hers stolen the day before Thanksgiving. She had it in her cart at the grocery store and turned her back for a second and it was gone. They saw on the store video that a man was following her around the store, just waiting for his chance. Please be careful.
That is such a shame! They warn you about leaving your purse in the cart on the news all the time but it's easier to put it in the baby seat. Just for this reason most of my purses are on long shoulder straps. I wear my purse across my body messenger style, but with the purse in front. Someone reach for my purse and I'll break their fingers. I could also collect DNA with my fingernails. BwaHaHa!

If you haven't bought a Christmas gift for her yet a shoulder purse might be nice?

"A dream is a festival of lights within your mind."~~~Joan Walsh Anglund
Cooking Goddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 02:18 AM   #15135
Proud American

I'm having trouble sleeping, so I am counting my blessings. These include all of you.

With love,
~Cat
Old 12-06-2013, 02:24 AM   #15136
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by taxlady View Post
....I am posting from my phone because I spilled a bit of coffee on my laptop earlier today. I quickly turned it off and soaked up as much of the coffee as possible with a tissue. I will give it about 24 hours to dry before I turn it on and find out if it still works. Wish me luck.
Didn't you just christen a laptop within the past year? Or was that someone else here at DC?

I hope it dries out for you and works perfectly when you turn it on. Good luck.

I am going to head off to bed soon. Early for me, I know! But I cut myself again (not as bad as a week ago, but I hope this isn't a Thursday trend... ) and I decided earlier today that I was too sleepy to drive around to do errands. I need more sleep, I will get more sleep. My Mom used to say you can always get enough sleep when you're dead, but if I don't get sleep soon I could be dead soon!

"A dream is a festival of lights within your mind."~~~Joan Walsh Anglund
Cooking Goddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 02:43 AM   #15137
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooking Goddess View Post
Didn't you just christen a laptop within the past year? Or was that someone else here at DC?

I hope it dries out for you and works perfectly when you turn it on. Good luck.

I am going to head off to bed soon. Early for me, I know! But I cut myself again (not as bad as a week ago, but I hope this isn't a Thursday trend... ) and I decided earlier today that I was too sleepy to drive around to do errands. I need more sleep, I will get more sleep. My Mom used to say you can always get enough sleep when you're dead, but if I don't get sleep soon I could be dead soon!
Yes, that was me. That time it was half a glass of wine. That time I didn't turn it off right away and I tilted it. This time I knew better. It was also me with the cell phone that hopped into the toilet, all since April.
Old 12-06-2013, 03:00 AM   #15138
Proud American

Quote:
Yes, that was me. That time it was half a glass of wine. That time I didn't turn it off right away and I tilted it. This time I knew better. It was also me with the cell phone that hopped into the toilet, all since April.
My goodness! Perhaps you might think of keeping electronic devices in aother room where there are no liquids or toilets.

One time, Papa knocked over a full glass of Pepsi into his keyboard. There was no help for it and he had to buy a new one.

It's why I have a rule for my parents and my friends when they visit and use my laptops: No drinks near the computer.

Your cell phone went into the toilet? Oh that is awful!

With love,
~Cat
Old 12-06-2013, 03:13 AM   #15139
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatPat View Post

My goodness! Perhaps you might think of keeping electronic devices in aother room where there are no liquids or toilets.

One time, Papa knocked over a full glass of Pepsi into his keyboard. There was no help for it and he had to buy a new one.

It's why I have a rule for my parents and my friends when they visit and use my laptops: No drinks near the computer.

Your cell phone went into the toilet? Oh that is awful!

With love,
~Cat
Yeah, I probably should stop having beverages near the computer. I have had computers since 1983 and I am pretty sure that last April was the first time I spilled on a computer. I certainly never damaged a computer before.

I was doing something in front of the mirror when the cell phone hopped out of my back pocket into the toilet. Thank goodness the water was clean. The phone is okay now.
Old 12-06-2013, 03:28 AM   #15140
Proud American

Quote:
Yeah, I probably should stop having beverages near the computer. I have had computers since 1983 and I am pretty sure that last April was the first time I spilled on a computer. I certainly never damaged a computer before.

I was doing something in front of the mirror when the cell phone hopped out of my back pocket into the toilet. Thank goodness the water was clean. The phone is okay now.
Oh that's good! I hope everyone has such good luck.

With love,
~Cat

« Let's Talk TV | - »