What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Bliss and Andy, I'm following your posts with interest. I too have a boatload of slides (around 2000) Mostly family vacation pics, holidays, babies, etc. from the 1940's to the '60's, that my uncle gave me. They are all meticulously categorized by date in metal boxes with slots for each slide.

I haven't done anything with them yet except look at them through a viewer - I have a converter too, and need to get on the ball and figure out this thing, and convert them to digital.

Bliss...curious...I have one of these...is it similar to the one you have?
004.jpg
https://www.amazon.com/VuPoint-Solutions-Digital-Converter-FC-C520-VP/dp/B002DS9T5E

Last edited:
Andy M, I bought a machine that does the conversion from slides/negatives to digital, it cost about $130. If you really want them converted PM me, you pay shipping and make a small contribution to the cost of the machine in relation to the number of slides you want converted, and I'll make it happen. Your choice.

blissful, thank you. I'm still working some angles locally. I may want to take you up on your kind offer.

Not yet, Dragn. I've been kind of overwhelmed with such a huge project as this, and have had other things going on. Soon, though! :LOL:

blissful, thank you. I'm still working some angles locally. I may want to take you up on your kind offer.
You're welcome. The brand I use is
Wolverine F2D Mighty 20MP 7-in-1 Film to Digital Converter

I have piles of slides and negatives from a lifetime, and I'm hoping to get them all done and then make back up copies, and throw away the 'stuff'. I hope you find some local help but if not, I'm here if anyone is interested.

I drove Katharine Hepburn's car today. It was her last car... a 1995 Ford Crown Victoria. White with beige velour interior. Rather boring ride for a movie star.

CD

Might be a boring car for a celebrity, but it is a fine ride nonetheless.

My Dad was a GM man. Every single car he owned (all but one" used") were some sort of GM or another. I was months away from turning 16 when Dad needed to get himself another "new" used car. He took me looking with him one Sunday (back when car dealers were closed on Sundays) to ask my opinion of what Mom would like. He had it narrowed down between something GM and a Ford Galaxy 500. I talked him into the air-conditioned, fabric-seated, power steering 500. :) The next car he bought was his only new car - a 1983 Ford Crown Victoria. Mom gave it to us when our kids got old enough to drive. When they each had a car to drive, our son wanted the 1993 Pontiac Grand Am...which was fine with our daughter. She loved "The Beast" and cried when we got rid of it so that she could have a newer car. :LOL:

My wife had a Grand Am when I met her and started dating her. It was old, and had about 120,000 miles on it. It broke regularly. When we were engaged, I bought her a 1994 Thunderbird. That was a piece of crap. So, when we got married, I got her a 1995 GMC Jimmy. That was a $35,000 piece of crap. So, I got her a 1999 Mercedes. That was my first German car. That was a GOOD car.

Katharine Hepburn's Crown Vic is a $2,000 used car, but it belonged to somebody famous, so it will sell for five figures. Not Steve McQueen kind of money (if he once owned a go-cart, it would sell for six figures), but too much, nonetheless.

My dad was a Pontiac guy, and my first car was a Pontiac. He then went Oldsmobile, then Buick, then Cadillac. But, like me, he bought a Mercedes, and got hooked on German cars. He followed that with four Audis. I've only had three Audis, so he is ahead of me.

I have a MINI CooperS now, which is part of BMW, so it's a German/English car.

Anyway, it is just a little bit cool to drive Katharine Hepburn's car, no matter what it is.

CD

Cruisey day here, cold wind. Just had risotto for dinner, with pumpkin from the garden. Ice cream and my home made coulis,raspberry.

Russ

My wife had a Grand Am when I met her and started dating her. It was old, and had about 120,000 miles on it. It broke regularly...
Our Grand Am had 174,000 miles on it when we donated it to a charity (Our Lady of the Wayside). When the tow operator showed up, he started backing the flatbed down the driveway. I waved him off and said "you can leave that in the street - the car is drive-able". He started the car, turned to me and gave off a big smile, and told me rather than sell off the car for funds, the Wayside just might want to use that car as a "company" car. Imagine a charity being thrilled with a 10+year-old car and thinking it's executive-worthy. :heart: The Wayside is a good charity - my cousin had a developmentally challenged child back in the 1960s or '70s and I remember Wayside helping that family with keeping their child at home until he needed to be a resident. Good people.

Although not by choice, I've been listening to the sound of gypsy moth larvae munching on our trees in the back yard. :huh: Yes, my danged bat-sharp hearing can hear the crinkly sound that those danged bugs make while decimating the leaves on our trees. :glare:

It's a little like the sound of crinkling cellophane. Or the sound of "tree rain" - when it sounds like it's raining long after a storm finishes but it's just the water dripping from leaf to leaf as gravity does its thing. The same sounds happens when the weather is very, very humid and the moisture in the air collects on the leaves and then falls. The munching is more evident at night, but they're busy eating right now.

A number of years back, if my memory serves me right, we had an infestation of the gypsy moth and one of the solutions that was offered to wrap the trunk in aluminum foil and then grease it. Or something of that nature. I would suggest that you do some research to see if I am right. They can wipe out a grove of trees and kill them in a very short time frame.

New fridge was delivered and installed. Got a call from the delivery/set-up guy at 8am. I hurriedly cleaned out and bagged up the old fridge's contents so he could haul it away. I now have a working freezer with no duct tape! (DH had accidentally pulled the door off the old freezer). This is a significant downsize from our previous fridge. I cleaned out dog hair from underneath that dates back at least 2 dogs ago.

And I just heard the first ice cube drop from the icemaker! It's working!

New Router set up permitting.Maybe I can stay logged in to post.:rolleyes:
Ceiling fans are all put up.They look sooo nice.He did a great job.
Now were ready to paint,carpet,flooring and get outta here.

Have a ?
After the move is over will my log in info here need to be changed?
I'll be in a new state.New adventures.
Hope they can handle me.:angel:
Going to take the day off.Stay in my jammies and go shopping for my own set of home tool kits.
I've been working hard lately.Up early staying up til after midnight just to get the little jobs done.While taking care of Mr.Munk.
I don't like asking my son if I can use his tools.Mom will have her own finally!:cool:

Munky.

Munky, I love the image of you going to shop for tools in your jammies! :LOL: You shouldn't need to change your login, and since you don't display a location, you don't have to do anything there either. Hope the move goes smoothly!

I am counting the minutes until 1 pm (about 2 1/2 hours from now) when my bestie arrives for a visit. Since we moved we are even farther away and with me not able to drive much we don't meet up as often as we would like. So it is always special when we do.

My fibro-fogged memory is getting worse all the time so I have typed up a "cheat sheet" of things I want to talk about. She will get a kick out of this because we are both famous for our lists!

Last edited:
I worked on my back yard over the weekend, working early mornings and late afternoons to stay out of the full sun. Work still in progress but I'm totally beat after digging and hauling for just a few hours. Seems like I was able to do this kind of work 8 hours straight just a couple of years ago.

This is one of the three areas of the yard I've been working on. The other areas, I'm clearing old, unsightly brush and planting groups of black bamboos, and in another part I'm trenching and laying some landscape drainage pipes to control erosion.

Here's a before and after (still work in progress) pic of one area I'm working on...IMG_0448.jpgIMG_0451.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom