"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 12-06-2013, 07:52 AM   #15141
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooking Goddess View Post
I'm going to head off to bed soon. Early for me, I know! But I cut myself again (not as bad as a week ago, but I hope this isn't a Thursday trend... ) and I decided earlier today that I was too sleepy to drive around to do errands. I need more sleep, I will get more sleep. My Mom used to say you can always get enough sleep when you're dead, but if I don't get sleep soon I could be dead soon!
Are we going to have to start counting your fingers each night?

Get some sleep and be careful! {{{{{CG}}}}}

Old 12-06-2013, 07:53 AM   #15142
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

It's Friday!!! Long week and our inspection at work was very good.

Old 12-06-2013, 08:01 AM   #15143
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessFiona60 View Post
It's Friday!!! Long week and our inspection at work was very good.

Congratulations!! I remember when the two words, state survey(ers), would strike fear in my heart.
Old 12-06-2013, 08:18 AM   #15144
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bethzaring View Post
Congratulations!! I remember when the two words, state survey(ers), would strike fear in my heart.
Thanks, Beth!

When I knew they were going over the MDS department I was having palpitations and dizzyness. Not fair for me to be nominally "in charge" just days after my boss quit and Survey wanders in. But, we did good, so I'm happy it's over and we can get back to normal.

And I am almost caught up!
Old 12-06-2013, 08:52 AM   #15145
Chef Extraordinaire

This morning I moved my magnetic knife strip "around the corner" so I had a little more height in my food prep area without hitting the handles all the time. Something I should have done a few years ago, but it's in lieu of the turkey I'll be cooking probably tomorrow. I will need that room without fear of hitting my knives.
And also in preparation for the bird is the huge cuttting board I ordered. I don't know what was going through my mind. I guess 30" x 20" didn't register in my mind how big that it actually was, but it should work well. I unwrapped that this morning. It was delivered last evening. I still need to rub it down with oil.
Old 12-06-2013, 08:55 AM   #15146
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by pacanis View Post
This morning I moved my magnetic knife strip "around the corner" so I had a little more height in my food prep area without hitting the handles all the time. Something I should have done a few years ago, but it's in lieu of the turkey I'll be cooking probably tomorrow. I will need that room without fear of hitting my knives.
And also in preparation for the bird is the huge cuttting board I ordered. I don't know what was going through my mind. I guess 30" x 20" didn't register in my mind how big that it actually was, but it should work well. I unwrapped that this morning. It was delivered last evening. I still need to rub it down with oil.
Nothing like an inadvertent game of numblety peg...good call!
Old 12-06-2013, 09:06 AM   #15147
Executive Chef

Quote:
That is such a shame! They warn you about leaving your purse in the cart on the news all the time but it's easier to put it in the baby seat. Just for this reason most of my purses are on long shoulder straps. I wear my purse across my body messenger style, but with the purse in front. Someone reach for my purse and I'll break their fingers. I could also collect DNA with my fingernails. BwaHaHa!

If you haven't bought a Christmas gift for her yet a shoulder purse might be nice?

The few times I put my purse in the child seat I put the seat belt around and through the strap. If they try to grab it, they are taking the cart with them. Many times they have something with them and just cut the strap and run. Mostly I wear a small cross-body bag and I put it on and then put my coat or jacket over it, except in summer. Some stores I go to, I just put my credit card in my pocket and don't even carry a purse. I have passed shopping carts and have seen the woman's purse sitting there, open, with the wallet right there in plain sight. They have their back turned. If you say anything to them they tell you to mind your own business.
Old 12-06-2013, 09:13 AM   #15148
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

I basically have a wallet on a string and wear it crossbody. I never take a purse into a store or restaurant. Come to think of it, I rarely take a purse anywhere, unless what I am wearing doesn't have pockets.
Old 12-06-2013, 09:29 AM   #15149
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
That is such a shame! They warn you about leaving your purse in the cart on the news all the time but it's easier to put it in the baby seat. Just for this reason most of my purses are on long shoulder straps. I wear my purse across my body messenger style, but with the purse in front. Someone reach for my purse and I'll break their fingers. I could also collect DNA with my fingernails. BwaHaHa!

If you haven't bought a Christmas gift for her yet a shoulder purse might be nice?
My purse stays in my hand until I have enough groceries in the bottom of my cart. Move some around and the purse goes on the bottom covered by the groceries. Does any thief really want to move a couple of half gallons of half and half and a five pound bag of sugar just to get to my purse? It leaves my hands free for the rest of my shopping and takes care of my purse for me. And I never carry cash with me. I use my bank card to pay for cash items. No change back.

I need to carry my purse with me as I have medical info in it. That and my cell phone has my ICE number in it.
Old 12-06-2013, 10:00 AM   #15150
Head Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessFiona60 View Post
Are we going to have to start counting your fingers each night?

Get some sleep and be careful! {{{{{CG}}}}}
Plus one, CG. Hugs.