What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Waiting. And waiting and waiting. My lot was supposed to be mowed last month. I called the guy who was going to be mowing it and he said he'd call me in two weeks. Two weeks went by and I called him after the 4th. Now he says he'll call me in another week.

Well, he gets a week from yesterday and then my call to him will be something along the lines of "I think you're overbooked. I need this done by the end of July, so I'm getting someone else to mow the lot."

I can't move until he mows the lot AND brings in water. I was hoping to be out by June 30th. Now it looks like August 31st is my last day here. Sheesh!

Also waiting to get my car fixed. It was supposed to be done last Saturday. But they called me and said could I bring it in on the 17th? Sure, why not, I'm not doing anything important right now, am I? ARRGGGHHH!

So sorry RR. I hope things start looking up!

What you do is find someone else now and when he does call, tell him he is no longer needed.

Have fun and enjoy, GG! Can't wait to see photos from your meal...tomorrow night. ;) No eating for me today, or tomorrow morning.

I'll be avoiding DC for the rest of today, and part of tomorrow. I don't want to see what kind of yummy things my DC friends are enjoying while I'm chowing down on...a copious volume of electrolyte enhanced liquid with a two-week serving of polyethylene glycol 3350. :ermm: Yum. :sick:

Happy chow down GG! looking forward to your descriptions and photos too! Went to the two links and looks good!
and CG - don't think of the now, it will be over soon enough.

You'll laugh at yourself after, saying... harumph! that wasn't so bad...

But dream of the next fantastical meal you are going to have!

Have fun and enjoy, GG! Can't wait to see photos from your meal...tomorrow night. ;) No eating for me today, or tomorrow morning.

I'll be avoiding DC for the rest of today, and part of tomorrow. I don't want to see what kind of yummy things my DC friends are enjoying while I'm chowing down on...a copious volume of electrolyte enhanced liquid with a two-week serving of polyethylene glycol 3350. :ermm: Yum. :sick:
Thanks, CG! Good luck with your procedure!

CG, I just picked up my son from his "procedure". He said it was no big deal, although I thought it was more than that when I had it done. You'll be fine.

GG, I'm so jealous you get to go there again. I just love her. I hope you have some of the famous tomato pie!!

It's twenty minutes to midnight and I'm thinking that it's time to go to bed. If I will actually do it for another hour or so is a different matter.

Waiting. And waiting and waiting. My lot was supposed to be mowed last month. I called the guy who was going to be mowing it and he said he'd call me in two weeks. Two weeks went by and I called him after the 4th. Now he says he'll call me in another week.

Well, he gets a week from yesterday and then my call to him will be something along the lines of "I think you're overbooked. I need this done by the end of July, so I'm getting someone else to mow the lot."

I can't move until he mows the lot AND brings in water. I was hoping to be out by June 30th. Now it looks like August 31st is my last day here. Sheesh!

Also waiting to get my car fixed. It was supposed to be done last Saturday. But they called me and said could I bring it in on the 17th? Sure, why not, I'm not doing anything important right now, am I? ARRGGGHHH!
I feel your pain. As a spinster, I fall into two camps - female AND husband-less therefore I am frequently treated like a non-existent person....but only once! I then go elsewhere. I have most of the local repair men trained now. It's now "Yes, Miss Chew. Certainly, Miss Chew. Please may we come yesterday?".

Having said that, Martin the Mechanic is the exception that proves the rule. He's looked after my cars for 30 years and whatever stops can be pulled out, he pulls them all. A wonderful man.

RR....good to hear from you again...hoping things move along a little smoother these days. I think I'd drop the contractor and find another one as well.

I too have found a new mechanic, I can do most stuff but I don't have a ramp or hoist. The new guy is way cheaper than the last guy. Last guy just doubled his workshop. Guess who's paying for it. My new guy is well established and a 1 man band. $60 hr cash. That's cheap here. Friday here so pub night in about 5 hrs.

Russ

I just came inside from enjoying this beautiful day fussing with my potted succulents.
I so enjoy looking at them out there in my little "day camp" with my book and music.
Click to make the pictures larger.

Attachments

• P7140066[1].jpg
    P7140066[1].jpg
    77.3 KB · Views: 94
  • P7140067[1].jpg
    P7140067[1].jpg
    69.8 KB · Views: 88
Last edited:
I am going from airport to airport, city to city, state to state. I'm ready to get off this carnival ride.

I have to make a connecting flight in Charlotte tomorrow. My last two connections in Charlotte went very bad. Missed my connection both times. I sure hope I don't go 3-for-3.

CD

On our way home from the Brookings arts festival in Brookings South Dakota. Hot day in the sun with lots of folk music, area arts & crafts & several food vendors.

Casey...you have been busy! :ohmy:

Kay, your succulents are beautiful, and what a lovely display!

Now that the sun is on the other side of the house, I've been re-arranging my potted flowers on the patio this evening. Most of them only get sun from 7AM to around noon, but even that is too much sun and heat for the poor fellas. Quite a job, as I have around 15 of them and have had to do a lot of re-arranging of other things to make room for them.

Kayelle, I'd be out enjoying those plants with a book and beverage every chance I had if that were my deck. I especially like that second photo of the pots nestled into the broken pot. Très cool!

Sorry you're getting beat up by that merry-go-round, CD, but it sounds like you're grabbing some size of gold ring each trip. Hang in there, down time is coming. ;)

Back
Top Bottom