"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 12-06-2013, 09:04 PM   #15181
Chef Extraordinaire
 
taxlady's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: near Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Posts: 18,894
Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawgluver View Post
Jewelry, faces, Santas, dolls and stuff. I haven't done it for awhile, and needed to replenish my clay supply. A girlfriend who also works with it told me of the sale.

What does your friend do with it?
Jewellery, I think mostly millefiori stuff. This one of my favourites:


Here's some of her stuff on Pinterest: Polymer Clay

She also made this in polymer clay:

Yes, she is a professional artisan.
__________________

__________________
May you live as long as you wish and love as long as you live.
Robert A. Heinlein
taxlady is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 09:31 PM   #15182
Chef Extraordinaire
 
Dawgluver's Avatar
Site Moderator
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 24,136
Quote:
Originally Posted by taxlady View Post
Jewellery, I think mostly millefiori stuff. This one of my favourites:

Here's some of her stuff on Pinterest: Polymer Clay

She also made this in polymer clay:

Yes, she is a professional artisan.
Oooh, gorgeous! Thanks for the Pinterest link!
__________________

__________________
She who dies with the most toys, wins.
Dawgluver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 09:46 PM   #15183
Ogress Supreme
 
PrincessFiona60's Avatar
Site Administrator
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Wyoming
Posts: 36,306
Wondering what the heck I'm going to do with this bit of news...I am allergic to shrimp and possibly crab, clams. etc. They served us a luncheon today for our great survey and I had 4 medium sized shrimp with cocktail sauce. About 30 minutes later, lips started tingling, ringing and itching in my ears, a little difficulty breathing. Nothing worse, luckily.

But, damn!!! Shrimp???
__________________
PrincessFiona60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 09:59 PM   #15184
Chef Extraordinaire
 
Dawgluver's Avatar
Site Moderator
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 24,136
Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessFiona60 View Post
Wondering what the heck I'm going to do with this bit of news...I am allergic to shrimp and possibly crab, clams. etc. They served us a luncheon today for our great survey and I had 4 medium sized shrimp with cocktail sauce. About 30 minutes later, lips started tingling, ringing and itching in my ears, a little difficulty breathing. Nothing worse, luckily.

But, damn!!! Shrimp???
Oh no! You just found this out today? You haven't had allergies before?
__________________
She who dies with the most toys, wins.
Dawgluver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 11:20 PM   #15185
Ogress Supreme
 
PrincessFiona60's Avatar
Site Administrator
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Wyoming
Posts: 36,306
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawgluver View Post
Oh no! You just found this out today? You haven't had allergies before?
Nope, never. Some hateful side effects but no outright allergies that are life threatening. I've been a seafood, shellfish maniac eating machine for years. The NP thinks it may be hormonal, but I shouldn't take chances.
__________________
PrincessFiona60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 11:24 PM   #15186
Chef Extraordinaire
 
Dawgluver's Avatar
Site Moderator
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 24,136
Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessFiona60 View Post

Nope, never. Some hateful side effects but no outright allergies that are life threatening. I've been a seafood, shellfish maniac eating machine for years. The NP thinks it may be hormonal, but I shouldn't take chances.
Could it be an allergy to something else, like the sauces? Oh cripes, anything but the shrimp!
__________________
She who dies with the most toys, wins.
Dawgluver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 11:33 PM   #15187
Ogress Supreme
 
PrincessFiona60's Avatar
Site Administrator
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Wyoming
Posts: 36,306
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawgluver View Post
Could it be an allergy to something else, like the sauces? Oh cripes, anything but the shrimp!
If it's tomatoes I'm done for... or onions or horseradish...

Shrimp is highly allergenic and it's possible to develop an allergy to it. My sister and a couple of the nephews have serious allergies, so it's not unheard of in my family.
__________________
PrincessFiona60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 11:40 PM   #15188
Executive Chef
 
Somebunny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Blaine, Washington
Posts: 2,649
Could be hormonal P.F. My sis-in-law developed a peanut allergy out of the blue in her late 50's. A few years later it's all but gone, and she can eat peanut butter again. Here's hoping your intolerance is temporary.....can't live without shrimp/prawns :(
__________________
If you don't like the food, have more wine!
Somebunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 11:43 PM   #15189
Chef Extraordinaire
 
taxlady's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: near Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Posts: 18,894
Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
Are you sure it wasn't something in the shrimp sauce? Like MSG?
__________________
May you live as long as you wish and love as long as you live.
Robert A. Heinlein
taxlady is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 11:47 PM   #15190
Chef Extraordinaire
 
Dawgluver's Avatar
Site Moderator
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 24,136
That's what I wonder too.
__________________

__________________
She who dies with the most toys, wins.
Dawgluver is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Discuss Cooking on Facebook

Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:01 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.