What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Kayelle, I'd be out enjoying those plants with a book and beverage every chance I had if that were my deck. I especially like that second photo of the pots nestled into the broken pot. Très cool!

Sorry you're getting beat up by that merry-go-round, CD, but it sounds like you're grabbing some size of gold ring each trip. Hang in there, down time is coming. ;)

Yeah, it is a double-edged sword. The travel is brutal, but I'm earning some good coin.

Poor psycho-poodle probably doesn't know where "home" is, anymore. I am lucky to have a fantastic dog-sitter. But, her house is becoming home, and my house is a place he visits. :LOL:

I am going to pick him up on the way home from DFW airport tomorrow, but I will have to drop him off again Monday evening.

CD

Going to attempt smoking a bone in pork butt.
Need to read up how to get the smoker and probes set up.
Or just sit here and have another cup of coffee and let the first sucker that wakes up do the work for me.:LOL::ROFLMAO:
Always have a back up plan.:ohmy::ROFLMAO:

Munky.

Going to attempt smoking a bone in pork butt.
Need to read up how to get the smoker and probes set up.
Or just sit here and have another cup of coffee and let the first sucker that wakes up do the work for me.:LOL::ROFLMAO:
Always have a back up plan.:ohmy::ROFLMAO:

Munky.

A pork butt is the easiest thing to smoke. It is very forgiving.

BTW, a bone in butt has a built in probe. When it is done, the bone will slide out of the butt with no effort. Don't go by temperature for doneness -- it varies. If your probe thermometer penetrates the meat like a knife through butter, you have it done.

CD

BTW, a bone in butt has a built in probe. When it is done, the bone will slide out of the butt with no effort. Don't go by temperature for doneness -- it varies. If your probe thermometer penetrates the meat like a knife through butter, you have it done.

CD
Yes, but...what end do you light? No one ever has a good answer to that one.

inside from enjoying this beautiful day fussing with my potted succulents.

Gorgeous Kayelle!

My daughter loves succulents too. She's in Edmonton, AB - so her weather is weird compared to what I'm used to.

Am going to copy your pictures to send to her! LOL - I can visualize her now looking around to find some more spots.

I just came inside from enjoying this beautiful day fussing with my potted succulents.
I so enjoy looking at them out there in my little "day camp" with my book and music.
Click to make the pictures larger.
I enjoy succulents also..

I have spent the last hour searching online for plant stands, such as the ones in your photo for my small patio..

My patio is well shaded most of the day so I believe I will concentrate on greens (such as spider plants), succulents and a smattering of color.. A few herbs, of course..

Ross

CD

It's my first time using the off set smoker for a pork butt.
The way it stands now.The men in my house can keep their silly probes.
I'll do it your way.Keep it simple.Dinner will be done when it's done.
They had 2 sets of probes all tangled up. Like I'm supposed to know what's what?
The smoke stack at least looks like I'm doing it right.:D
I remembered the drip pan.Spritzer is ready.

Munky.

I enjoy succulents also..

I have spent the last hour searching online for plant stands, such as the ones in your photo for my small patio..

My patio is well shaded most of the day so I believe I will concentrate on greens (such as spider plants), succulents and a smattering of color.. A few herbs, of course..

Ross
Ferns do well in shade, and coleus has spectacular colors. Give your herbs as much sun as you can. Most of them grow naturally on hot, dry hillsides in the Mediterranean.

Scanning google maps satellite street images in canyon areas where I can pull up and load a few hundred pounds worth of free landscaping rocks for my back yard. I need a bunch of basketball sized, 50 pound boulders.

Last edited:
I'm at a pool and BBQ party at a friend's house. I'm being antisocial by hiding inside in the air conditioning. Three hours in the heat was as much as I could handle. The food was great.

Back
Top Bottom