"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 01-21-2012, 11:32 PM   #1511
Chef Extraordinaire
 
Addie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: East Boston, MA
Posts: 19,059
Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessFiona60 View Post
If I take one Vicodin (lortab), I can get up, go to work, have a good day. If I take two, I can jump out of bed, run around the block 6 times, go to work, run, run, run...get home and run around the block a few times some more and stay awake half the night. I don't know why they do that to me. That's the %'s, the 7.5's make me throw up, the 10's are just fine, relaxed and can get some decent sleep. It just doesn't make sense.
I used to be like that. But my system seems to have changed. Now they make me so sleepy. I would rather have it your way. Thursday I went to see my doctor. I had a migraine headache and they gave me some compazine to stop my vomiting. It stopped it all right. And it knocked me right out. I slept in the office for three hours straight. The only thing that works for the headaches is sleep. Once I wake up, the pain is gone. but I hate that. I feel as if I have missed part of my life.
__________________

__________________
Illegitimi non carborundum!
I don't want my last words to be, "I wish I had spent more time doing housework"
Addie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 12:25 AM   #1512
Ogress Supreme
 
PrincessFiona60's Avatar
Site Administrator
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Wyoming
Posts: 36,297
Quote:
Originally Posted by Addie View Post
I used to be like that. But my system seems to have changed. Now they make me so sleepy. I would rather have it your way. Thursday I went to see my doctor. I had a migraine headache and they gave me some compazine to stop my vomiting. It stopped it all right. And it knocked me right out. I slept in the office for three hours straight. The only thing that works for the headaches is sleep. Once I wake up, the pain is gone. but I hate that. I feel as if I have missed part of my life.
Now that I can take ibuprofen again, I'm weaning myself off the Lortab. The ibuprofen works better for me on all levels and it is over the counter. I will keep the Lortab, though, nice to have around if something happens that the over the counter stuff just doesn't work.
__________________

__________________
PrincessFiona60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 01:08 AM   #1513
Chef Extraordinaire
 
Addie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: East Boston, MA
Posts: 19,059
Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessFiona60 View Post
Now that I can take ibuprofen again, I'm weaning myself off the Lortab. The ibuprofen works better for me on all levels and it is over the counter. I will keep the Lortab, though, nice to have around if something happens that the over the counter stuff just doesn't work.
My son has a fit because I keep extra meds for "just in case." He keeps telling me that he can phone in a med if I need it at an inconvenient time. Like my doctor is not available in the middle of the night. I usually know what is wrong. Like a bladder infection. I know what I need, so I usually have a couple of pills on hand to take right away and can stop it in its tracks. Lord knows I have had them often enough that I have almost become an expert on them. By the time I get to my doctor, I am ready for the hospital instead of just a script.
__________________
Illegitimi non carborundum!
I don't want my last words to be, "I wish I had spent more time doing housework"
Addie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 01:15 AM   #1514
Ogress Supreme
 
PrincessFiona60's Avatar
Site Administrator
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Wyoming
Posts: 36,297
Quote:
Originally Posted by Addie View Post
My son has a fit because I keep extra meds for "just in case." He keeps telling me that he can phone in a med if I need it at an inconvenient time. Like my doctor is not available in the middle of the night. I usually know what is wrong. Like a bladder infection. I know what I need, so I usually have a couple of pills on hand to take right away and can stop it in its tracks. Lord knows I have had them often enough that I have almost become an expert on them. By the time I get to my doctor, I am ready for the hospital instead of just a script.
I don't keep extra antibiotics around, but I do have a repeat script if I do need them for bladder infections. Really the only "extra" I have that I don't use is my Nitrostat chest pains. I do need to get my muscle relaxant ordered again. Old whiplash injury is acting up more and more, if I can stop those in their tracks I can avoid a migraine.
__________________
PrincessFiona60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 02:49 AM   #1515
Chef Extraordinaire
 
Addie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: East Boston, MA
Posts: 19,059
Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessFiona60 View Post
I don't keep extra antibiotics around, but I do have a repeat script if I do need them for bladder infections. Really the only "extra" I have that I don't use is my Nitrostat chest pains. I do need to get my muscle relaxant ordered again. Old whiplash injury is acting up more and more, if I can stop those in their tracks I can avoid a migraine.
I have three bottles of the Nitro spray. One for my purse, one for the scooter and one beside my bed at all times. I was put on Ranexa for angina. It is a Godsend. Stop all problems I was having. If I am late taking my meds, right away I get angina and chest pains.
__________________
Illegitimi non carborundum!
I don't want my last words to be, "I wish I had spent more time doing housework"
Addie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 11:37 AM   #1516
Ogress Supreme
 
PrincessFiona60's Avatar
Site Administrator
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Wyoming
Posts: 36,297
Just woke up...slow to start this morning. Can't decide what will happen today. Maybe nothing.
__________________
PrincessFiona60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 12:21 PM   #1517
Chef Extraordinaire
 
Addie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: East Boston, MA
Posts: 19,059
Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessFiona60 View Post
Just woke up...slow to start this morning. Can't decide what will happen today. Maybe nothing.
If it is permission you are looking for to do nothing, then consider it done. Today is Sunday. The day of rest. Sit back and watch the Pats run over the Ravens. And for snacks, you can have all the good stuff. All rules for sensible eating are out the window. You are hereby designated "Queen For A Day."
__________________
Illegitimi non carborundum!
I don't want my last words to be, "I wish I had spent more time doing housework"
Addie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 12:35 PM   #1518
Ogress Supreme
 
PrincessFiona60's Avatar
Site Administrator
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Wyoming
Posts: 36,297
Quote:
Originally Posted by Addie View Post
If it is permission you are looking for to do nothing, then consider it done. Today is Sunday. The day of rest. Sit back and watch the Pats run over the Ravens. And for snacks, you can have all the good stuff. All rules for sensible eating are out the window. You are hereby designated "Queen For A Day."
Actually, I'm awake enough now, I remembered I have to get ready starting today so we can have Shrek's "King For A Day," tomorrow. Going to check the boxed things and see what he will like...Brownies, Lemon Poppy Muffins, Blueberry Muffins, Plain Scones, Blueberry Sour Cream Scones...
__________________
PrincessFiona60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 01:05 PM   #1519
Chef Extraordinaire
 
Addie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: East Boston, MA
Posts: 19,059
Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessFiona60 View Post
Actually, I'm awake enough now, I remembered I have to get ready starting today so we can have Shrek's "King For A Day," tomorrow. Going to check the boxed things and see what he will like...Brownies, Lemon Poppy Muffins, Blueberry Muffins, Plain Scones, Blueberry Sour Cream Scones...
What a good wife. I may just cook something for myself today. For most of this month I have been just picking. A jar of pickles is not a meal.
__________________
Illegitimi non carborundum!
I don't want my last words to be, "I wish I had spent more time doing housework"
Addie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 01:21 PM   #1520
Executive Chef
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: va by way of upstate ny
Posts: 4,442
i'm about to buy a set of four sea salts from qvc. one of them is smoked. they all have self-grinders. i think i'm sold. they are $30.00 for the four--table size. please stop me if this is not a good idea, but i do have this special thing for sea salt....
__________________

__________________
vitauta is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Discuss Cooking on Facebook

Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:26 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.