What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yay is right, PF.

Himself has never noticed a funny taste in our water, but then again he didn't seem to have issues with his folks' water down in Cape Coral, FL. I have never liked the taste of our water, so we've always filtered it. I can down my morning pills with tap water in the winter, but all year long I head up to bed with a travel mug full of ice and water to set down in the bathroom. If I get up during the night, and for sure when I get up for the day, the water in the mug always tastes better than the first draw of water on the house pipes.

Update on my DH. He had an angiogram yesterday. It was not a heart attack. His arteries are fine. No signs of blockages or plaques. The cardiologist said it is probably a viral infection and those usually go away by themselves. If he has symptoms within the next week, they will look into treating it. We are incredibly relieved. I spoke with him today and he is waiting to be discharged. [emoji7]

Yay is right, PF.

Himself has never noticed a funny taste in our water, but then again he didn't seem to have issues with his folks' water down in Cape Coral, FL. I have never liked the taste of our water, so we've always filtered it. I can down my morning pills with tap water in the winter, but all year long I head up to bed with a travel mug full of ice and water to set down in the bathroom. If I get up during the night, and for sure when I get up for the day, the water in the mug always tastes better than the first draw of water on the house pipes.
CG - I live in a fairly old house (nearly a hundred years old) and while the internal pipework has been changed to copper the supply from the road up to the house is still through lead piping. We are advised to run taps for a few minutes before using the water for drinking first thing in the morning and when we've not drawn water for some time during the day.

Even if your problem isn't lead it might help the flavour to try the same thing.

Update on my DH. He had an angiogram yesterday. It was not a heart attack. His arteries are fine. No signs of blockages or plaques. The cardiologist said it is probably a viral infection and those usually go away by themselves. If he has symptoms within the next week, they will look into treating it. We are incredibly relieved. I spoke with him today and he is waiting to be discharged. [emoji7]
Glad to hear that it's not serious. Hope he's feeling better.

That's great! Sounds like the best possible outcome.

Update on my DH. He had an angiogram yesterday. It was not a heart attack. His arteries are fine. No signs of blockages or plaques...
Great news for the two of you, taxy, and a wonderful relief! I hope Stirling gets over the virus quickly and is good as new - or as new as a senior citizen gets anyway!

CG - I live in a fairly old house (nearly a hundred years old) and while the internal pipework has been changed to copper the supply from the road up to the house is still through lead piping. We are advised to run taps for a few minutes before using the water for drinking first thing in the morning and when we've not drawn water for some time during the day.

Even if your problem isn't lead it might help the flavour to try the same thing.
We had our house built in 2000. Our internal water line is all copper; the feed from the water tank is some sort of plastic and/or rubber. It's just the way the water tastes from our town supply. It's easier (and more cost-efficient) to just make sure I have filtered water handy for plain water sipping. We do filter water with a Brita pitcher for our coffee, but I've not really noticed a flavor difference in my cups of tea whether I use filtered or tap water.

FWIW, my folks' home was built in 1928, and Dad swapped out copper plumbing for the original lead pipes in 1959 or so. Their water always tasted better to me that what we moved to in this new house in 2000.

Our exchange student and her husband and baby are here! Yay! :clap: They arrived yesterday and are staying with us for a week. I'm sitting in a downtown coffee shop while they tour a Navy battleship museum with DH - darn neuropathy in my feet :mad:

Her husband is a Navy officer in Germany, so of course he's interested in all things military.

I connected my washing machine's drain hose via some extra piping to a rain barrel. Now, all that gray water from the barrel, with the help of gravity will run through some length of irrigation tubing to water some trees and shrubs down slope. The wash and single rinse cycle completely fills the 50 gallon barrel. That's a heck of a lot of water for one load of wash.

Last edited:
Our exchange student and her husband and baby are here! Yay!...
Have a wonderful visit, GG! It's great that you've stayed in such good touch with your exchange student and her family. ~ Sorry about the foot thing; I feel for ya. Literally. I don't have neuropathy , but my feet are very crabby because of arthritis, lousy arches, and Sir Bunion.

Psycho-poodle went to the vet today to have a fatty tumor removed from his face. They were able to do it with a local, instead of putting him under. I have three stitches to remove in 10 days.

CD

Back
Top Bottom