What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Munky! Drop dead Gorgeous! I don't think I've seen anything like that to take my breath away before.

Keep it safe! (my 'dragonhorde' is itching.. )

Thank you:)
It's safely on my finger.Unless your Dragon can wiggle it off my 3 3/4" finger.:LOL:
The jewelers at Daniels did an excellent job.
It is the only one of it's kind.Nobody had asked to have one designed like that in gold.2 different sets made into one.That was a job.
All because I'm an unusual creature.:LOL:

Munky.

I'm thinking on having something similar to this made, I have the gold, the garnet and the ring.
widows-and-wedding-rings-best-of-great-military-wedding-bands-stock-of-widows-and-wedding-rings.jpg

Beautiful, Munky! :ohmy::wub: Princess, that's a gorgeous setting. All these posts are making me think I should get out my grandma's necklace with various gems of the grand's birthdays, and see what a local jeweler says about making them into a ring.....or something.

It's here. Wow did they a a beautiful job.Very happy with it.
Like you I have a pic of it on my new phone and don't know how to get uploaded here.Looking at it.I'll wait and see if my son has packed up his cameras.It needs a re shoot.Casey will drop through the floor.Not up to his standards at all.

But hey, these guys made me rebuild my comp from the bottom up how hard can it really be?
Like you I don't know what half of these new apps are for.Make them go away.New law here. I'm retired don't ask me to do a damn thing!:D
Actually have a sweat shirt that says that.I wear it with pride.:LOL::ROFLMAO:

Munky.

Am I being egotistical, or are you referring to me? :huh:

Your photos look fine to me. Jewelry with gem stones are really hard to photograph, and IMO, yours are very nice.

CD

Beautiful, Munky! :ohmy::wub: Princess, that's a gorgeous setting. All these posts are making me think I should get out my grandma's necklace with various gems of the grand's birthdays, and see what a local jeweler says about making them into a ring.....or something.
When my first wife passed, my daughter received her and my mothers jewelry.. My mother had a lovely pearl necklace with a jeweled clasp that I don't know how to describe..

Jeannie and my mom were close when we dated in high school, long before I met my first wife.. Some of you know that Jeannie and I reconnected after my first wife passed..

For the first Christmas Jeannie and I shared, my daughter gave me the clasp and had me have a ring made for Jeannie.. The ring is small but lovely and goes to my daughter when Jeannie passes..

Ross

Am I being egotistical, or are you referring to me? :huh:

Your photos look fine to me. Jewelry with gem stones are really hard to photograph, and IMO, yours are very nice.

CD

Hi Casey,
Yes I was referring to you.Not in a negative way.More of a compliment.

I've seen your pics of cars you've taken, and know your a professional.
Had I put up pics from my phone it would have made you cringe.They gave me a headache they were so blurry.
My son loves photography.Always has.I'll tell him what you said.
That's going to make his day.Thank you.:)

Munky.

Hi Casey,
Yes I was referring to you.Not in a negative way.More of a compliment.

I've seen your pics of cars you've taken, and know your a professional.
Had I put up pics from my phone it would have made you cringe.They gave me a headache they were so blurry.
My son loves photography.Always has.I'll tell him what you said.
That's going to make his day.Thank you.:)

Munky.

I am always showing his pics to my boys. And it is like going back to my childhood. Spike asked me if he had a glossy coffee table book published. I had to answer "I don't know." Does anyone know?

Last edited:
Did Shrek have a ring PF? I love the idea, no matter which ring...it would be beautiful.:wub:
The rings we were wearing when he died are made of tungsten and are on a ring holder by his urn, the night he died I put on his gold band. But we both had several gold bands and I can have the middle done. Then when I'm ready to take off his band...:wub::wub:
Shrek and I changed wedding bands all the time, we would see something we liked and get two, so through the years we had several wedding bands that always matched. We also got remarried in 5 states...I know, strange.

Last edited:
It was your way of doing romance, PF! Whatever floats your boat...or your scoop of ice cream. :yum:

I have five six different "wedding" rings. I have my "I'm skinny" newlywed ring. That one hasn't fit since I've had kids. :ermm: I also have a skinny, plain gold one I got shortly after we were married so I could save my nice one for when I was out of the house. Somewhere around year 18, Himself got me a "ten year anniversary" band with tiny diamonds around about 60% of the band. That's one's too tight, too. :( When I was working in a mall I got myself a better fitting ring that had five tiny marquis diamonds because (you guessed it) I needed a slightly larger ring size. For our 25th, Himself and I picked out a nicer ring - which I almost fit into. :LOL: I also have my great aunt's wedding set, which is the largest ring size of all. I'm happy to say that, after years of it being my go-to ring unless it's the dead of winter and my hands are cold, I haven't worn it all summer. :w00t: I've been fitting into the one with tiny marquis diamonds no matter what the temperature or humidity.

My goal is to fit into my original wedding band by our 45th wedding anniversary next year November. IF I'm a good girl and lose just 1/2 pound a week average, I should make it! :cool:

I've been spending the last couple of days debating whether or not I want to go to a memorial sere this AM, but I think my allergies made the decision for me today.

An old school friend of mine was killed in a home invasion here in Elizabeth City last Thursday morning. He, being the courageous and brave individual, confronted the assailant when he went to assault his wife, and was killed during the confrontation. We were in the same classes from 7th to 9th grade, at least half the same classes in high school, and were in both marching and symphonic band together. He was always friendly to everyone, and he helped me with foreign language classes in school. So, RIP MHS, Jr. You will sorely be missed.

The online auction of Shrek's guitars started this morning. Things are off to a bummer of a start, hopefully it'll get better.

I am always showing his pics to my boys. And it is like going back to my childhood. Spike asked me if he had a glossy coffee table book published. I had to answer "I don't know." Does anyone know?

Ummmm, does Chef Munky's son have coffee table books? As for me, no I do not. Not yet. ;)

My friend and mentor has told me I should do a book, but in the age of the internet, photo books are really hard to publish.

For now, I just enjoy when a great car, a great location, and enough time come together so I can make a great photograph.

CD

Just got back from grocery store for lunch tomorrow. Fixing some meat & tomato sauce with angel hair pasta and garlic bread. Ground beef was on sale at grocery store.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom