What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
That's a great haul,PF, and what a relief for you to get closure on Shrek's much beloved collection!

Wow PF!

I'm so happy you got so much accomplished with the musical auction. I know you can sure use the money, but more than that, the music he loved lives on.:wub:

It is such a relief, I am glad to pass on the music. Since I am tone deaf in one ear and can't hear out the other, it is good to keep it going to those who appreciate the fine art of guitar and mandolin. The instruments must be played and they would just wither away if I kept them to myself.

I have searched high and low for replacement individual metal letter plaques for the mailbox. All the white lettering has faded to black. Used to get them at the local hardware stores. There are no more local hardware stores here, they've been replaced by Menards etc. with plastic stick-on letters that might last 30 minutes in our clime. Amazon was no help either. But then I thought, why not get sign painter paint? Paint arrived, and as per instructions on the label, I suited up hazmat-style and painted the little house numbers. I'll let it dry in the garage for a few days and see how it goes.

I have searched high and low for replacement individual metal letter plaques for the mailbox. All the white lettering has faded to black. Used to get them at the local hardware stores. There are no more local hardware stores here, they've been replaced by Menards etc. with plastic stick-on letters that might last 30 minutes in our clime. Amazon was no help either. But then I thought, why not get sign painter paint? Paint arrived, and as per instructions on the label, I suited up hazmat-style and painted the little house numbers. I'll let it dry in the garage for a few days and see how it goes.
We need pictures.

going thru pictures of Goldfish Cakes. Grandson's birthday coming up and given the choice between Spiderman or Gold Fish Theme - he chose the fish. (They've just gotten some).

Trying to pick something I'm capable of - simple enough to please kids with just a touch of "wow" to be a show off to the adults. :angel:

Wondering where in blue blazes Himself is! It was going to be too cloudy of a night for stargazing, so he figured he go up to the college about 23 miles away for their monthly astronomy club meeting. He belonged to a club when we lived in OH, but never joined one here; his work schedule made it difficult. He's trying to recruit some fellow telescope owners to join him at the farm for a one-weekend, big viewing event. A different group joined him last year, but with a change in club officers suddenly they feel they should be paid for showing up. :glare: Odd, since most everyone else who is a hobby astronomer is happy to freely share their love of the science. Rhode Islanders - go figure. :LOL:

The thought that he might actually be out with these people socializing has crossed my mind, but then I think "MY husband? He just doesn't...socialize". :huh: Could there be hope that he'll learn how? Oh Lord, I sure hope so.

Listening to the end of "Sunday Today with Willie Geist". Neil Simon is this week's A Life Well Lived. On to a show that I won't mention the name of fear of bringing politics into the forum, Mom will watch that while I start getting things ready for lunch.

You've been painting rocks all summer Cheryl! It really sounds like fun. Are you leaving them around to be found by strangers like we all discussed a while back? We need pictures!! :D

+1, I'd love to see photos Cheryl!!
Yeah! Where is that thread?
I'd love to do this at our new Community Center with the neighborhood kids!

:LOL: I think I have a few pics on my phone. The grandkids snatched most of them up over the summer before I had a chance to take pics. I'll see what I have and put them in the Painted Rocks thread! Thanks for finding it, Kay!

I'm not very good compared to some of the pics I see online :ohmy: but it's a lot of fun! :LOL:

Back
Top Bottom