"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 12-08-2013, 11:43 PM   #15311
Senior Cook

This was Cat's assignment, to think of very off the wall humor in a given setting. It's my fault; I thought of this.

We'll find something else, perhaps. It seems this was offending, so please take it away before anyone else finds it offensive.

MammaCat

Old 12-08-2013, 11:48 PM   #15312
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatPat View Post
To be honest, I'm thinking of funny posts which someone may post into this thread:

"What Are You Doing?"

1. I'm digging a very stubborn booger out of my nose.

2. I just came back from checking the crawlspace under the house. I'm so very happy! There is room for at least three more bodies!

3. I heard a strange noise in the house last night, so I'm cleaning my gun.

4. I'm ordering a hit on an ex-friend. Isn't the Internet just wonderful?

5. I'm stocking the moat with alligators.

6. I'm trying to figure out why so many of my dinner party became ill. There wasn't THAT much arsenic in the potato salad.

7. My neighbor is being very annoying, and I can't find my chainsaw.

8. I'm so mad! No one got into a fight on the Jerry Springer Show today!

9. I'm very disappointed. No one wants to come to my house for meals. Like black mold and rats are some kind of a problem!

10. I hate this forum! Some Ogress took away my post for roasted termites. How else does one get rid of these things?

Ha!

With love,
~Cat
I HAD to...you were using my recipe.

The booger one is just gross, not really humorous.

Old 12-08-2013, 11:53 PM   #15313
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katie H View Post
Hmmm. Very interesting. I've always talked to my animals and, I believe, they reply. My little Bella is very talkative and we have lengthy conversations.
Shrek has taught Smudge a trick, he points at her and says "speak", she meows back.. Now if you just point she meows.
Old 12-08-2013, 11:55 PM   #15314
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MammaCat View Post
This was Cat's assignment, to think of very off the wall humor in a given setting. It's my fault; I thought of this.

We'll find something else, perhaps. It seems this was offending, so please take it away before anyone else finds it offensive.

MammaCat
MammaCat, I don't find this offensive at all, just a bit out of character for ~Cat. We will be happy to help in reading if something is funny. I personally like the last one and it gave me a big grin.
Old 12-09-2013, 12:32 AM   #15315
Senior Cook

Thank you, but for my daughter, the asking of the wacky weed hurt her very badly.

It was a simple assignment for them to think outside of the box and to use their imaginations.

I'll try to talk her into coming back.

MammaCat
Old 12-09-2013, 12:46 AM   #15316
Senior Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by pacanis View Post
Congrat, Toffi. I like making something new to me, or outside my comfort zone. I'm watching the Philly/Detroit game. It reminds me of the infamous "tuck rule" game it's snowing so hard. It doesn't often snow on the eastern side of the state without passing through my neck of the woods.
Thanks pac! I really want it to work :)
Old 12-09-2013, 12:50 AM   #15317
Senior Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawgluver View Post
Ooh, Toffi, I see on another thread that you made Saskatoon berry jam. Can you get fresh at the store, or did you pick the berries and freeze them? I need to get off my backside and do some more pick up and cleaning. Sunday disappears so quickly.
Well Dawg, it looks more like syrup right now, but here's hoping :crazy: I can get frozen saskatoons in the grocery here, and there are a couple u-pick places fairly close. I bought some frozen from the one u-pick north of the city, and that's what I used this time around. This coming summer I will get some from the wild bushes up near my dads in Saskatchewan. Best berries ever, can't get enough of them!
Old 12-09-2013, 01:41 AM   #15318
Certified Cake Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by cara View Post
Does the Beier Family celebrate christmas earlier than everybody else?
Well, actually I guess we do!

TB has 3 sisters (2 BIL's), 1 brother (3 nephews who will be with their Mom this year on real Christmas), one niece with grand-nephew and another niece and nephew-in-law, plus his parents. Several live a day's drive (or drive and ferry ride) away and other family to be with on Christmas day. We used to get together on Christmas Eve (usual German tradition but Cara you would know that!). But as the family grew and moved further apart, it was easier to pick a date on a weekend before December 25th. This year it is Saturday December 14th.

On Christmas Day I will be having my in-laws and a family friend here for Dinner.

http://beinglydia.com
LPBeier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 02:42 AM   #15319
Master Chef

I sure know about christmas eve ;o)
And I know about the problem where to spent that evening... we want to be woth my family and first Franks mother said that it was no problem, but now she's complaining about it...

I would really like to go somewhere completely different, e.g. spending christmas in the snowy mountains... *sigh*
LiGruess cara ~~~ Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, wine in the other, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"
cara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 08:35 AM   #15320
Chef Extraordinaire

Nothing pressing for me today. All I have on the books is a trip to Wally World to pick up a package of assorted bungee cords. We are expecting a lot of snow mid-week (that's what they keep saying anyway) and it's time I started covering my tractor up with the tarp. I'll pick up a bottle of olive oil while I'm there, too.