What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Just got the kitchen cleaned up, leftovers portioned out and tupperware'd to take to my brother tomorrow morning, and watching The Wizard of Oz for the millionth time. :):LOL:

Just got the kitchen cleaned up, leftovers portioned out and tupperware'd to take to my brother tomorrow morning, and watching The Wizard of Oz for the millionth time. :):LOL:

which version? I sorta like both of them.

I've always been a firm believer in NO DECORATIONS BEFORE DEC 1st!
Now here I am, trying to put up all the decorations before the 9th. Being slow about it but now think I'm being too slow.

9th = Gingerbread House Building Weekend. which basically turns into Christmas Day for me - Won't see everyone together again til mid-Feb. or Easter.

Still have to do 15 (maybe 17, lost count) houses.
Heading to Bulk Barn today to buy candy.

Still creating/designing and sewing doll goodies. Have made some beach chairs and other "furniture" items that were a blast to make. Also started my own Facebook page, Swan Road Designs, to promote and sell the items.

Look at some pictures below.

Attachments

• Image0092.jpg
    Image0092.jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 86
  • Image0093.jpg
    Image0093.jpg
    35.6 KB · Views: 81
  • IMG_1420.jpg
    IMG_1420.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 86
  • IMG_1430.jpg
    IMG_1430.jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 72
  • IMG_1439.jpg
    IMG_1439.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 79
  • IMG_1441.jpg
    IMG_1441.jpg
    39.9 KB · Views: 73
  • Image0056.jpg
    Image0056.jpg
    21.4 KB · Views: 84
  • Image0051.jpg
    Image0051.jpg
    30.3 KB · Views: 78
Those are beautiful. A talent I do not have.

Right now I am trying to remember what day it is. I thought it was already Monday, and was getting my clothing together for my dental appointment. I think I need a nap.

Is it me or does November seem to be a very long month this year?

I am working in Colorado and Wyoming for a couple of days. I went to Cheyenne WY today, and on the way back to CO, I realized that it was my first time in Wyoming -- one of the few states I had never been to.

I've heard great things about Cheyenne, but those things must apply to parts of Cheyenne I did NOT visit today. What I saw was a lot of mobile homes, barely paved or unpaved roads, and not much else.

I did see some bison driving up I-25. Not really close, though. WooHoo!

Lots of tumbleweeds. And, did I mention mobile homes? Not pretty ones. I did see some "weathered" mobile homes with expensive trucks parked outside, but we have lots of that in Texas, too. When your truck payment is more than your house payment, you may have your priorities just a little messed up.

So, I can check another state off my list, but can't say I enjoyed it. I only had about four hours in Wyoming, and I'm pretty sure I didn't see the best of it -- at least I hope not.

CD

Last edited:
I am working in Colorado and Wyoming for a couple of days. I went to Cheyenne WY today, and on the way back to CO, I realized that it was my first time in Wyoming -- one of the few states I had never been to.

I've heard great things about Cheyenne, but those things must apply to parts of Cheyenne I did NOT visit today. What I saw was a lot of mobile homes, barely paved or unpaved roads, and not much else.

I did see some bison driving up I-25. Not really close, though. WooHoo!

Lots of tumbleweeds. And, did I mention mobile homes? Not pretty ones. I did see some "weathered" mobile homes with expensive trucks parked outside, but we have lots of that in Texas, too. When your truck payment is more than your house payment, you may have your priorities just a little messed up.

So, I can check another state off my list, but can't say I enjoyed it. I only had about four hours in Wyoming, and I'm pretty sure I didn't see the best of it -- at least I hope not.

CD

By staying in Cheyenne, you missed ALL of Wyoming. Sounds like all you did see was south Cheyenne. It's much nicer north of the Union Pacific rail yards.

My Grandfather was the contractor who first put the gold leaf on the Capitol Dome. My other Grandfather was the driving force to put in the irrigation canals in Goshen County. Almost ancient history.

The drive to Laramie on I-80 is very beautiful and then there are the Tetons, Yellowstone, Devil's Tower. Lots of beautiful country to see while driving to the next town or tourist trap.

I hope you are able to come back and see more of our wonderful state.

Last edited:
which version? I sorta like both of them.

I've always been a firm believer in NO DECORATIONS BEFORE DEC 1st!
Now here I am, trying to put up all the decorations before the 9th. Being slow about it but now think I'm being too slow.

9th = Gingerbread House Building Weekend. which basically turns into Christmas Day for me - Won't see everyone together again til mid-Feb. or Easter.

Still have to do 15 (maybe 17, lost count) houses.
Heading to Bulk Barn today to buy candy.

Sorry dragn, just saw this! As far as which version of the Wizard of Oz, I'm referring to the original with Judy Garland. :) Love that movie and it's kind of a tradition.

I can relate to your Gingerbread House Building! My daughter does that for her many nieces and nephews every year. She uses graham crackers in place of the gingerbread, since there are SO many littles...:ermm::LOL:. Each one has a plate of graham crackers, a bowl of frosting, and little cups of candies to decorate their houses. Lots of fun. :)

Still creating/designing and sewing doll goodies. Have made some beach chairs and other "furniture" items that were a blast to make. Also started my own Facebook page, Swan Road Designs, to promote and sell the items.

Look at some pictures below.

Very cute, Katie. :wub: I looked at your FB page - well done! I can imagine that they'll sell quickly.

Cheryl J, in answer to DragnLaw’s question:
Sorry dragn, just saw this! As far as which version of the Wizard of Oz, I'm referring to the original with Judy Garland. Love that movie and it's kind of a tradition.

I thought that the Judy Garland version was the only version! I don’t count The Wiz as a “version” of The Wizard of Oz, maybe an adaptation (I thought it was dreadful, btw. The film version, not the stage version).

Last edited:
Cheryl J, in answer to DragnLaw’s question:

I thought that the Judy Garland version was the only version! I don’t count The Wiz as a “version” of The Wizard of Oz, maybe an adaptation (I thought it was dreadful, btw. The film version, not the stage version).

Same here, Joel. Then there's the fairly recent "Wicked" stage version, although I don't think it's been made into a film. My daughter went to see Wicked and enjoyed it, but for me it's the original or nothing. LOL :LOL:

Same here, Joel. Then there's the fairly recent "Wicked" stage version, although I don't think it's been made into a film. My daughter went to see Wicked and enjoyed it, but for me it's the original or nothing. LOL :LOL:
I haven’t gotten to see Wicked yet. I’m sure it will still be being performed for a few more years, at least. I did read the book, which is excellent. Any way, it’s definitely not The Wizard of Oz, more like a prequel.

It's time for me to read my mystery book and drink some wine. I earned it. Busy, busy day again. Swapped out some regular dishes for the Christmas ones. Ran the dishwaher. Sorted through some Christmas decorations. And did laundry - three loads. I hate winter clothes. During the summer, I can wash 16 t-shirts in one load easily. Bulky winter clothes cut the number of pieces in half. Wish we could go nekkid. :LOL: :ermm: Brrrr.....

It's time for me to read my mystery book and drink some wine. I earned it. Busy, busy day again. Swapped out some regular dishes for the Christmas ones. Ran the dishwaher. Sorted through some Christmas decorations. And did laundry - three loads. I hate winter clothes. During the summer, I can wash 16 t-shirts in one load easily. Bulky winter clothes cut the number of pieces in half. Wish we could go nekkid. :LOL: :ermm: Brrrr.....

Hello, Dolly. Like you, I really, really don't like cold weather laundry. Shirts with sleeves, pants with long legs, socks, etc. Crud bunnies, so much more bulk for the laundry, Hate it, hate it, hate it!

Never mind! It is what it is, but I don't have to like it

Last edited by a moderator:
...Like you, I really, really don't like cold weather laundry. Shirts with sleeves, pants with long legs, socks, etc...
And they all come out of my front load machine tangled into one big mess. :glare:

On the other hand, we should probably be thankful that we have winter clothes to keep us warm. I suppose there are people in climates like ours that are grateful for T-shirts so they have something to wear. :(

Yes, CG. There's a group here who has been collecting clothes for those who are homeless or in need due to the CA fires. I've got 2 boxes ready to take to the church, hopefully someone can use them.

Now I'm going through Tyler's play room, since I'm on a roll...:LOL: I have to keep toys and books he's outgrown since I have 2 other younger grands who visit, but there are things with pieces missing or need to be tossed for whatever reason. Been busy. Dusting and vacuuming the guest room is next.

Taking a lunch break now - a bowl of navy bean soup and some toasted garlic bread. :yum:

Back
Top Bottom