"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 12-09-2013, 08:40 PM   #15361
Proud American

Rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!! My router decided to die without leaving a note, and Papa is mad as wet hornets at me because his laptop depends on the router and I don't have cat5 cables for to connect directly to the modem for the laptops I bought them.

I had to drive to Best Buy and get a new router, and he's still mad! Now Mamma is mad at him, and so is DA. I'm doing the best I can! I installed it very quickly, he was only offline for about an hour, but I just can't move any faster than I can.

I was very, very frustrated with him, but he apologized and we spoke of this.

I think I scared him when I yelled at him to stop ordering me around and I told him the only reason he was online is because I bought those laptops and I know what the hell I'm doing and I can't foresee equipment failure. Who does he think made this possible for him? DA? Gwen? RRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!

He looked at me very oddly and went away from me without a word. Mamma couldn't believe I did that. I told Mamma I was going to get a new router, and if Papa couldn't be nice to me when I returned, I'll make sure he NEVER goes online.

He has apologized, and he even cried a little. He's not familiar with me now, that I have grown up. But I'll work on this! I plan to spend more time with Papa and talk to him much more.

I think issues with parents come upon us when we children start to spread our wings and fly. I'll always be their child, and I'll always need them. But I think this is my time, now, for Papa and me.

The new router is working very well!

With love,
~Cat

Old 12-09-2013, 09:27 PM   #15362
Chef Extraordinaire

Sounds like PapaCat could use some one on one father/daughter time. Of course he is frustrated. He sees his little girl all grown up and misses his little princess. He needs some reassuring that you will always be his little girl and will always need him. A big hard hug and a kiss on the cheek will go a long way with an "I love you Papa" along with an apology from you also for yelling at him. Even if you feel you were right.

Where is that little girl he put on the plan so long ago? He put a little Romanian girl on that plane and here he finds an independent Americanized young lady all grown up. Let him see that child every so often. Remember right now he is in a strange country, learning new things and it is hard for a parent to be dependent on his child because somewhere she became smarter than him. Be patient with him Cat. He loves you very much.

Old 12-09-2013, 09:38 PM   #15363
Proud American

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addie View Post
Sounds like PapaCat could use some one on one father/daughter time. Of course he is frustrated. He sees his little girl all grown up and misses his little princess. He needs some reassuring that you will always be his little girl and will always need him. A big hard hug and a kiss on the cheek will go a long way with an "I love you Papa" along with an apology from you also for yelling at him. Even if you feel you were right.

Where is that little girl he put on the plan so long ago? He put a little Romanian girl on that plane and here he finds an independent Americanized young lady all grown up. Let him see that child every so often. Remember right now he is in a strange country, learning new things and it is hard for a parent to be dependent on his child because somewhere she became smarter than him. Be patient with him Cat. He loves you very much.
Ouch.

You're right, Addie. I'll go right away.

With love,~Cat
Old 12-10-2013, 12:26 AM   #15364
Senior Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatPat View Post
Ouch.

You're right, Addie. I'll go right away.

With love,~Cat
Cat is still with her father in the study, Addie. I believe you're right also.

I'm letting them have their time; sometimes mothers must just leave them alone.

Thank you, Addie.

MammaCat
Old 12-10-2013, 03:49 AM   #15365
Master Chef

Spent far too much time looking around a new app on my phone. Talked to our dear daughter Loverly tonight and she told me about this "website" called "All The Cooks" that she has found a number of good recipes on. Felt a little old when I first looked for the site on my laptop...and found out it was mobile-only. Then I got "modern" and installed it on my phone. It looks a little like Pinterest in that it is photo based. And boy do the recipe photos look good! I'm afraid I found another time-waster!
Old 12-10-2013, 03:53 AM   #15366
Proud American

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addie View Post

This has been such a long night. I did everything you said. We talked for a very long time, and I sat on his lap and he said he felt I had gone away of him.

I told him I really had not gone away from him and Mamma. My life changed when they told me I was to come here and there was no choice at all. Someone had to take care of DA and I was convenient. One of Papa's friends even said because I was adopted I was one of those "throw away kids. Put the little **** to work."

Now Papa understands, and we held each other so tight before bed. He said to my ear, "You're my angel, Catina. I love you."

I think we'll be okay. I must go to bed.
Old 12-10-2013, 12:17 PM   #15367
Chef Extraordinaire

Amazing what a few words of love and understanding can accomplish.
Old 12-10-2013, 12:24 PM   #15368
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by MammaCat View Post
Cat is still with her father in the study, Addie. I believe you're right also.

I'm letting them have their time; sometimes mothers must just leave them alone.

Thank you, Addie.

MammaCat
You're welcome. Quite often mothers feel that it is not possible for a father to have the same depth of love for a child that they have. They lack that "motherly instinct." How wrong we are. He is hurting and only Cat can mend the fences that are damaged.

Sometimes words are said in the heat of anger. Someone has to take that first step through the healing process. This time it was Cat's turn to do so.
Old 12-10-2013, 04:27 PM   #15369
Proud American

Right now I'm arguing with an app on my Nook and I'm losing.

I hate that!

With love,
~Cat
Old 12-10-2013, 05:36 PM   #15370
Chef Extraordinaire

I got my truck inspected at the dealership this morning.
I ended up getting a Gran Cherokee while I was there.
The worse thing about getting a new vehicle these days is re-learning all the electronics. This one has more gizmos on it than my truck did.