What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The cleaning bug is a busy bug today, Cheryl. Looks like he bit me here on the east coast. I've been cleaning our walk-in closet before Himself and his back feel like moving his telescope back to its parking place. I still have to finish my half of the closet, but at least I've made progress. Moving stuff, cleaning baseboards...it's like cleaning another room! In fact, the first time Goober visited here from college, he was a freshman sharing a dorm room. His reaction when getting the "house tour"? "Your closet is as big as my half of the dorm room!" He was right - it was close. :LOL: I helped him move in.

Must have had a bit of the cleaning bug here in mid-America too. I took a bunch of stuff (toothpastes and brushes, shampoos, shaving kits, towels, etc.) to our local community action center. They need stuff for their homeless shelter and for the housing for victims of domestic violence. I'll keep digging up more things to donate.

I don't do cleaning, I do all the cooking. Wife's happy with that. Don't get me wrong about cleaning, when my wife moved in together with a newborn many years ago. To get ahead I worked 2 jobs. 8 to 5 daily and 6 til 11 at night cleaning office buildings, they have lots of toilets in them. I've done my bit,lol.

Russ

it was cold here sitting on the patio. My nose was so cold I thought it was going to freeze and fall off. :ermm::LOL:

Sitting here at 6:30 a.m. wondering why I have been up since four in the morning. Although I did get some small chores done very quietly. Pirate was sleeping.

Yay. I'm on the last 9 or so hours of a 125 hour stint at work in 9 days that had included (on my off-hours) a surprise birthday party for my eldest sis, a wedding, and a team dinner.

I'm going to put my underwear on the outside of my pants tomorrow morning, and tie a towel around my neck before I walk in the door at home.

Yay. I'm on the last 9 or so hours of a 125 hour stint at work in 9 days that had included (on my off-hours) a surprise birthday party for my eldest sis, a wedding, and a team dinner.

I'm going to put my underwear on the outside of my pants tomorrow morning, and tie a towel around my neck before I walk in the door at home.

I know the feeling. I am on city number 8, and state number 6 in the last 8 days.

CD

The two of you sound like you have some great plans afoot. Wish I could join you.

Oh, no you don't. I promise. Even when I go someplace great, I am only there for a day or two at the most, and spend it all working.

CD

I'm a mere automaton. THAT's crazy.

We will have to have a get-together at your place someday, Addie.

Gladly. Then you can watch me play Mrs. Brer Rabbit as I hop around the house. And you can join my kids with remarks like, "Hey Ma, make like a Flamingo. Stand on one leg while you eat. Or, Can I call you I Lean? Are you a Weeble? Cause you wobble when you stand up."

I just placed an online grocery order. I ordered from a different supermarket, because I wanted clam juice and my regular store doesn't carry it. Argh! I though the website at my regular store was badly designed. I am flabbergasted by how much worse this other store's website is. Tomorrow I find out how well they did.

Oh, no you don't. I promise. Even when I go someplace great, I am only there for a day or two at the most, and spend it all working.

CD
That brings back memories of years flying from state to state working conventions.. So many great cities with no time to enjoy what they offered..

Airport, hotel, convention hall, restaurant/bar, back to airport..

Ross

I just placed an online grocery order. I ordered from a different supermarket, because I wanted clam juice and my regular store doesn't carry it. Argh! I though the website at my regular store was badly designed. I am flabbergasted by how much worse this other store's website is. Tomorrow I find out how well they did.

That's too bad. My grocery store offers us at least three different views. I usually start with the full page by page of the flyer. And then it is by department. Etc. I have been thinking of speaking to the manager and see if they can possibly list the sale items by aisle.

When you consider we have 36 checkout lanes, it is a huge store. There are three aisles I don't go into. The international aisle except for soy sauce, the hot foods kitchen (hot coffee, sandwiches, etc.) and the fresh bakery. I usually have to wait for the bread to be baked. One time the girl handed me the loaf right out of the oven. I got a small burn on my hand from that one.

I have a map of the store and where items are located. But it doesn't show every item I am usually interested in. And if an item is on sale, it is usually at an endcap.

At one o'clock this morning, bedtime, I put a rubbed Boston butt into the oven. It's still going strong and there's a nice aroma permeating the house. Sometime this afternoon, I'll pull it out and pull it apart.

Gladly. Then you can watch me play Mrs. Brer Rabbit as I hop around the house. And you can join my kids with remarks like, "Hey Ma, make like a Flamingo. Stand on one leg while you eat. Or, Can I call you I Lean? Are you a Weeble? Cause you wobble when you stand up."

If my business travels take me to Boston for long enough to do more than work, I will definitely come to visit you. We can eat, drink and be merry while sharing medical jokes.

CD

Back
Top Bottom