"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 12-10-2013, 10:44 PM   #15381
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by pacanis View Post
Pics...
This is all you're gettin' from out the window. It's cold out there. And blowing. And dark
No, I don't name them
Beautiful Jeep, Pac. Is it Black?

I miss my Jeep.

Old 12-10-2013, 10:50 PM   #15382
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Quote:

Pics...
This is all you're gettin' from out the window. It's cold out there. And blowing. And dark
No, I don't name them
Nice, Pac! Nothing wrong with Jeeps. I love to play around with all that new car tech stuff. And then I keep the manual in the glove compartment with stickie tabs, as I will never remember how to change the clock again the next time.

Old 12-10-2013, 11:15 PM   #15383
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawgluver View Post
Nice, Pac! Nothing wrong with Jeeps. I love to play around with all that new car tech stuff. And then I keep the manual in the glove compartment with stickie tabs, as I will never remember how to change the clock again the next time.
Do you read the manual from cover to cover?
Old 12-10-2013, 11:21 PM   #15384
Proud American

Quote:
Pics...
No, I don't name them
Oh my! What a very nice Jeep! I do love it when people get nice things! Is it black? It looks like it might be. If it is, you could call her Black Beauty.

And just WHAT is wrong with naming cars, eh?

Pacanis, I'm very, very happy for you. It seems from the photo you get very much snow. This Jeep is 4WD and it is also heavy and well-built and so she will take very good care of you in bad weather among crummy drivers. You'll be very safe.

With love,
~Cat
Old 12-11-2013, 12:40 AM   #15385
Chef Extraordinaire

Does anyone ever get just sick of people! It's been a long, trying day. I will be happy when the holiday season is behind us. Bah Humbug!
Old 12-11-2013, 12:47 AM   #15386
Certified Cake Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by simonbaker View Post
Does anyone ever get just sick of people! It's been a long, trying day. I will be happy when the holiday season is behind us. Bah Humbug!
I understand where you are coming from, SB. But once in awhile I find that one nice person what makes the rest not matter. Hope that will happen to you soon

http://beinglydia.com
LPBeier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 12:54 AM   #15387
Certified Cake Maniac

I am actually literally breathing a little easier.

We found out yesterday that our place actually isn't full of mold as we thought from my asthma attacks. The restoration guy said that the work done after our flood four years ago seems to have held it at bay. The suggestions were to have the windowsills bleached to remove the mold around them and to get more air purifiers in the areas I am in most. We did that today and I already feel better.

The trouble is, I am feeling better and had a long nap (with the purifier working in the room) and now I can't get to sleep. So, that is why I decided to visit.

Now, if I could get the pain levels back down I would be happy. I had some tests done today and have more next week.

Well, I will go and make TB's lunch for tomorrow as he is back to work. Then will try and get some sleep/rest.

Old 12-11-2013, 01:00 AM   #15388
Proud American

Quote:
Originally Posted by LPBeier View Post
I am actually literally breathing a little easier.

We found out yesterday that our place actually isn't full of mold as we thought from my asthma attacks. The restoration guy said that the work done after our flood four years ago seems to have held it at bay. The suggestions were to have the windowsills bleached to remove the mold around them and to get more air purifiers in the areas I am in most. We did that today and I already feel better.

The trouble is, I am feeling better and had a long nap (with the purifier working in the room) and now I can't get to sleep. So, that is why I decided to visit.

Now, if I could get the pain levels back down I would be happy. I had some tests done today and have more next week.

Well, I will go and make TB's lunch for tomorrow as he is back to work. Then will try and get some sleep/rest.
I'm glad you are feeling better. I hope you get sound rest.

With love,
~Cat
Old 12-11-2013, 01:16 AM   #15389
Certified Cake Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatPat View Post
I'm glad you are feeling better. I hope you get sound rest.

With love,
~Cat
Thanks, Cat. We haven't "met" yet. I have been around DC on and off for several years now. I took a break in June because of health issues which limit the use of my hands among other things. It is good to be posting once in awhile and to meet new people! I have read some of your posts and you seem to be a very caring person.

Old 12-11-2013, 01:54 AM   #15390
Master Chef

Quote:
Pics...
No, I don't name them

Nice wheels pac! Neighbor behind our first house would own nothing but a Jeep. He'd generally get at least a half-million miles out of them. And only girls name vehicles. Guys usually just call their car "bill".