What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
leasingthisspace said:
We are a dying breed.

I sift my flour because I feel like it makes things mix better and makes dough smoother. Plus my sifter has a measuring cup on the bottom that goes up to 3 cups. Makes measuring a breeze. Love my sifter!

Poor Shrek.

Some recipes call for sifted flour before you measure and others don't call for any sifting. For those recipes I measure out the required amount, then I sift all my dry ingredients. Specially if I am making a cake.

This idea that you can aerate your dry ingredients with a whisk just doesn't fly with me. I find that by using a sifter, cakes are so much lighter. I have your grandmother's sifter. You crank the handle. Holding it up just high enough, but not to high that it will be all over the kitchen, makes a nice light fluffy pile. Then I spoon it into the wet ingredients a little at a time. I also sift it onto a large piece of wax paper. That little bit at the end, just pick it up and slide the rest into the bowl.

If I am making chicken fried steak or flouring pork chops, I still sift. Sometimes the old way is still the better way. :chef:

Just found out that DH is getting his surgery done next Tuesday for the carpal tunnel. He had to wait one and a half months for the appointment with the surgeon. The nurse said they do about 7 surgeries a day for this problem. I just hope they can help DH with the pain he has been having.

Thanks, Andy!

Latté wants to know why I have not fed her, yet...guess I have to go ---->>>> after I stand up.

:LOL: Enjoy it now!

Filling the huge ruts in our road from the last big rainstorm. Had to get bigger rock and more Dricrete.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom