"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 12-11-2013, 01:56 AM   #15391
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by LPBeier View Post
I am actually literally breathing a little easier......Well, I will go and make TB's lunch for tomorrow as he is back to work. Then will try and get some sleep/rest.
Breathing is good LB, breathing is good. Glad you're finding solutions to some of the problems around you. And glad to hear TB is back to work. No one wanted Himself, so I guess I'll keep him.

Old 12-11-2013, 02:01 AM   #15392
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by simonbaker View Post
Does anyone ever get just sick of people! It's been a long, trying day. I will be happy when the holiday season is behind us. Bah Humbug!
My Dad used to say "It takes all kinds of people to make the world. I'm glad I'm not one of them". Except if there were more people like my Dad you wouldn't feel the way you do now. Hang in there. Christmas is just two weeks away. Yikes! Two weeks! I'm doomed.

Old 12-11-2013, 03:41 AM   #15393
Certified Cake Maniac

Pac, I got a new vehicle too - I traded in my 95 Sunfire for a 2009 Montana Van. I was finding getting in and out of the Sunfire (my Dad's) was getting more difficult and being in a van is more comfortable and easier to drive. Now we have a camping vehicle!

I actually always wanted a Jeep....maybe my next vehicle!

Anyway, congrats, it's a beauty.

http://beinglydia.com
LPBeier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 05:52 AM   #15394
Chef Extraordinaire

Thanks guys.
This will be my second Jeep. I had a Wrangler a while back. It was OK, but not geared for the highway.
The thing that always steered me away from Cherokees is it seems something is always going wrong with them. My BIL had to have the water pump replaced on his new one last year. Seems they've been this way forever, but, being a Dodge/Mopar guy, they are using the same engine now in Jeeps that they are Durangos, which I was always looking at. And the Jeep is just a much nicer vehicle, plus more dealer incentives. It didn't seem to matter which way I went as far as reliability. Time will tell. And hopefully they have the seat heater thing fixed, as mine has heated seats, too.

And yes, it's black. I think it's the same color my truck was, black with a metal flake.

Oh, RDawg, I baked hot dog buns the other day. I tend to get that white stuff everywhere
Old 12-11-2013, 08:28 AM   #15395
Chef Extraordinaire

Is that a sunroof I see on your new baby? I really thing you should give him a name. Remember the TV show from the 50's whose main character was named "Blackie"? I thing that would be a good name for him. He was a rough around the edges cop/detective.
Old 12-11-2013, 09:08 AM   #15396
Certified Pretend Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by pacanis View Post
Thanks guys.
This will be my second Jeep. I had a Wrangler a while back. It was OK, but not geared for the highway.
The thing that always steered me away from Cherokees is it seems something is always going wrong with them. My BIL had to have the water pump replaced on his new one last year. Seems they've been this way forever, but, being a Dodge/Mopar guy, they are using the same engine now in Jeeps that they are Durangos, which I was always looking at. And the Jeep is just a much nicer vehicle, plus more dealer incentives. It didn't seem to matter which way I went as far as reliability. Time will tell. And hopefully they have the seat heater thing fixed, as mine has heated seats, too.

And yes, it's black. I think it's the same color my truck was, black with a metal flake.

Oh, RDawg, I baked hot dog buns the other day. I tend to get that white stuff everywhere
I didn't know Jeep was using Chrysler engines. It makes sense as they are all the same company. GM now has one "corporate" engine that goes into all their cars.

PS: Inanimate objects don't need to be named.
Old 12-11-2013, 09:23 AM   #15397
Chef Extraordinaire

Andy, some of their vehicles use their own engine, the Hemis I think, but their V6 vehicles use a "Pentatar" engine... I don't know where it's made, but it's more power and better economy.

Addie, I thought Blackie was a cowboy's name... the fifties is a little before my time. Maybe it was a horse's name, lol.
Old 12-11-2013, 09:25 AM   #15398
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Personally, I think you should name it Roger...
Old 12-11-2013, 10:53 AM   #15399
Sous Chef

I think it already has a name. It's called a Jeep, just like the little character from Popeye.

Old 12-11-2013, 11:06 AM   #15400
Master Chef

do cars work without a name?
all of our cars have names (Except for the company car), well, they belong to the family!

LiGruess cara ~~~ Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, wine in the other, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"
cara is offline   Reply With Quote