"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 12-11-2013, 11:11 AM   #15401
Chef Extraordinaire

If it ever breaks down I'll give it a name.
Well, probably several names

Old 12-11-2013, 12:28 PM   #15402
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by simonbaker View Post
Does anyone ever get just sick of people! It's been a long, trying day. I will be happy when the holiday season is behind us. Bah Humbug!

When I worked retail I used to say "If it wasn't for people, the world would be a nicer place." Retail wasn't for me.

Old 12-11-2013, 12:31 PM   #15403
Executive Chef

Pac, there have been a couple time when we were driving home from somewhere, passed a dealership, a vehicle caught our eye and we stopped and ended up buying it. We were not in the market for a vehicle. We are trying not to be so impulsive now that we're retired. Right now we have a 2006 Monte Carlo, getting close to 100K miles. I love it so much. We have looked around but can't find anything we like as much. It has been a very good car for us, but nothing lasts forever.
Old 12-11-2013, 12:55 PM   #15404
Chef Extraordinaire

I wasn't really looking to do anything until next Spring, but the deals were being offered now. I'm fortunate enough to have a great dealership to work with.

I just finished having some turkey salad on NE style buns for lunch. No more turkey for me for a while. The rest is frozen!
Old 12-11-2013, 12:56 PM   #15405
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by pacanis View Post
Andy, some of their vehicles use their own engine, the Hemis I think, but their V6 vehicles use a "Pentatar" engine... I don't know where it's made, but it's more power and better economy.

Addie, I thought Blackie was a cowboy's name... the fifties is a little before my time. Maybe it was a horse's name, lol.
I am an old timer. I do remember when you stood in front of the furniture store window and watched the TV and they had a loud speaker outside so you could hear it. The character I am referring to was called Boston Blackie.

Boston Blackie - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 12-11-2013, 12:58 PM   #15406
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocket_J_Dawg View Post
I think it already has a name. It's called a Jeep, just like the little character from Popeye.

The military vehicle was named Jeep after the Popeye character.
Old 12-11-2013, 01:05 PM   #15407
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by simonbaker View Post
Does anyone ever get just sick of people! It's been a long, trying day. I will be happy when the holiday season is behind us. Bah Humbug!
I have a sign that says Bah Humbug and it is on the outside of my door. I also have a big pin that has a sheep on it and it says the same thing. I used to wear it on my coat, but it is starting to fade, so I just put it away. When I was waitressing, there were days when I really enjoyed working. Then there were days when I just wanted to slap every customer that came through that door.
Old 12-11-2013, 02:34 PM   #15408
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by pacanis View Post
I wasn't really looking to do anything until next Spring, but the deals were being offered now. I'm fortunate enough to have a great dealership to work with.

I just finished having some turkey salad on NE style buns for lunch. No more turkey for me for a while. The rest is frozen!
That's why we bought DH a truck last summer. From summer to spring, dealerships are offering deals so they can clear last year's models out of the showrooms. In the spring, the new models come in and there are no good deals for a while.

I'm having lunch - English muffin pizza - and then getting ready to go run some errands.
Old 12-11-2013, 03:21 PM   #15409
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by GotGarlic View Post
That's why we bought DH a truck last summer. From summer to spring, dealerships are offering deals so they can clear last year's models out of the showrooms. In the spring, the new models come in and there are no good deals for a while.

I'm having lunch - English muffin pizza - and then getting ready to go run some errands.
Exactly. And when it comes to Jeeps, the 2014 model was introduced last April. Plus they told me that Jeep makes them increase the price three times/yr, so it would have been due for another increase before April 2014, when the 2015's are introduced
Old 12-11-2013, 03:37 PM   #15410
Certified Cake Maniac

We went to the dealership for a tune-up on my Sunfire. They told us we needed new brakes and the door lock that was tampered with would be over $300. In total, everything would be in excess of $1,000.

TB had seen a van on their website so we decided to look at it. It happened to be parked right under a sign that said "Push, Pull and Drag $2,000 2 days only".

So, saving $2,000 on a newer, better for me vehicle or spend half that to fix a vehicle I rarely drive because it is difficult to get in and out. No brainer so we bought it then and there..

As for a name, it is Maroon in colour and has five doors so I called it Levine. Voice fans and People Magazine readers will get the references

You got to name it Pac!

http://beinglydia.com
LPBeier is offline   Reply With Quote