"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 12-11-2013, 09:08 PM   #15431
Proud American

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolPa View Post
And we are blessed to have you here, Cat.
You're always so kind to me, CarolPa. I appreciate you, and so do very many others here appreciate you also!

With love,
~Cat

Old 12-11-2013, 11:01 PM   #15432
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by LPBeier View Post
We went to the dealership for a tune-up on my Sunfire. They told us we needed new brakes and the door lock that was tampered with would be over $300. In total, everything would be in excess of $1,000.

TB had seen a van on their website so we decided to look at it. It happened to be parked right under a sign that said "Push, Pull and Drag $2,000 2 days only".

So, saving $2,000 on a newer, better for me vehicle or spend half that to fix a vehicle I rarely drive because it is difficult to get in and out. No brainer so we bought it then and there..

As for a name, it is Maroon in colour and has five doors so I called it Levine. Voice fans and People Magazine readers will get the references

You got to name it Pac!
Does it wear a white t-shirt and have a scruffy (gorgeous) beard? Twinkly eyes?

Old 12-11-2013, 11:05 PM   #15433
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by pacanis View Post
That wouldn't surprise me here, AB. But I fight snow with snow. Remember my HD mailbox?

My guess is zombies. Zombies attacked your house, Joann.
JoAnn has Zombies?!? Cool!!!
Old 12-11-2013, 11:08 PM   #15434
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatPat View Post
As you are also!

It's very interesting here. I can see the passion for cooking and things around the home, and then for children and grandchildren, and many other things. If I were to choose one simple word to describe this website and its members and leaders, it would be just that: passion.

We laugh, we cry, we share, we worry, we fuss, and we talk. This is a family, passionate about everything of the family, centered around cooking and providing good meals for our families.

And when the worst of the worst happens, such as our recent loss of dear Kadesma, we circle the wagons, so to speak. Everyone supports everyone else while also letting their feelings be known. Kadesma's family has our love and our support, which is only the pressing of a power button away.

I know we aren't allowed to discuss PMs, but I've got to say this also: Katie showed me the thread in which she lost her beloved Buck. The wagons were circled again, and so very many of you rallied around her. She needed you all, and you were there.

So, tonight I suppose, the answer to what I am doing now is thinking of this wonderful website, and I feel so blessed to have found it.

With love,
~Cat
I am counting on you and everyone here to entertain me after I have surgery. It's why I hang around, because we are family.

Hugs,
PF
Old 12-11-2013, 11:30 PM   #15435
Certified Cake Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessFiona60 View Post
Does it wear a white t-shirt and have a scruffy (gorgeous) beard? Twinkly eyes?
Well, I can put one of TB's t-shirts over the driver's seat. As for the beard and eyes, I guess I will have to put a picture of the "real thing" on the dash....on second thought, it would be too distracting and I would get into a few rear-enders!

http://beinglydia.com
LPBeier is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 11:33 PM   #15436
Certified Pretend Chef

Quote:
I am counting on you and everyone here to entertain me after I have surgery. It's why I hang around, because we are family.

Hugs,
PF
OK, but I won't sing or dance. If you laugh too hard, your stitches may pop.
Old 12-11-2013, 11:35 PM   #15437
Certified Cake Maniac

Quote:

Hugs,
PF
That is the huge lesson I learned over the last 6 months. I thought leaving here and concentrating on the "real world" while I dealt with my declining health was the right thing to do. My very close friends of course have supported me, and family, but everyone else has kind of forgotten I exist because I am not out and about so much.

Then I check in here and everyone is so loving and interested in how I am doing. I am working on the voice activation software and it is getting better (this one is typed as my hands are okay at the moment and I have a cold so my voice isn't working).

PF, I will be here for you after surgery if you will be here for me when all I can do is curl up in my recliner with my notebook/tablet!

Old 12-11-2013, 11:37 PM   #15438
Certified Cake Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy M. View Post
You can sing and dance for me, Andy. I don't have any stitches, and so far laughter has helped not hindered my chronic pain. We actually did laughter exercises in my pain clinic!

Old 12-11-2013, 11:44 PM   #15439
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy M. View Post
Oh, Shrek wouldn't like, he would have to clean up after. Okay, no singing or dancing...but a few jokes couldn't hurt.
Old 12-11-2013, 11:47 PM   #15440
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by LPBeier View Post
That is the huge lesson I learned over the last 6 months. I thought leaving here and concentrating on the "real world" while I dealt with my declining health was the right thing to do. My very close friends of course have supported me, and family, but everyone else has kind of forgotten I exist because I am not out and about so much.

Then I check in here and everyone is so loving and interested in how I am doing. I am working on the voice activation software and it is getting better (this one is typed as my hands are okay at the moment and I have a cold so my voice isn't working).

PF, I will be here for you after surgery if you will be here for me when all I can do is curl up in my recliner with my notebook/tablet!
I'll be here or rather I'll be in bed mostly...but once I'm slept out I will be online. So, we can curl up together.