What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
...Still, I'm going to miss it. I was just thinking that we brought our son home in it when he was born. We went on many, many great road trips in it, loading it up to the gills with stuff on the way home. I never even had to miss work because of a blizzard or bad storm in all those years. I'll be sad to see it hauled away for parts and scrap...The only thing I wish it had was a CD player. Only Bluetooth and an MP3 player.
Sweet memories. You can take solace in the fact that it is going on to do more wonderful things with your donation. :heart: We donated our Grand Am to Our Lady of the Wayside.
The only thing I wish it had was a CD player. Only Bluetooth and an MP3 player. It has an audio input of some sort; I'll have to see how to wire in a portable CD player. Or maybe just join this century and go with Sirius and IHeartradio...
No CD player? I'm glad our "new" 2014 Santa Fe still has one. Unfortunately, the AM radio isn't worth anything, even though the 2012 Sonata could pick up Cleveland WTAM (clear-channel 1100) regularly after sunset on Long Island, and sometimes even in the middle of the day if the radio waves got the right bounce. I really don't like how the manufacturers are "aging out" car features so that you're forced to spend money to get what you had before...:glare:

Anyway, yes, K-L, the new car has adaptive cruise control, but I'm not sure how much I'll use it driving in and around the city. Bumper to bumper traffic is the norm here, even at 60 mph. The a.c.c. was turned on the first time I test drove it, and I thought there was something wrong with the engine because it kept holding back. :)

If I hadn't gotten such a good deal, I was going to buy the Mazda CX-5.

The CRV has so many other neat features, though.

The blind spot warning thing is so cool, as well as the lane warning/keeping assist, and the 3 views backup camera. I'll definitely be using the backup camera when I parallel park every night.

I'm not used to so many tech features. The last car I bought for myself was in 2003, and 1990 before that.

The only thing I wish it had was a CD player. Only Bluetooth and an MP3 player.
It has an audio input of some sort; I'll have to see how to wire in a portable CD player. Or maybe just join this century and go with Sirius and IHeartradio.

Before I bought my high tech wonder, I owned a 1998 Caddy so you can imagine how overwhelmed I was with my Mazda CX-5. It took some time, but now I love it.
My favorite music on my 10 Bose speakers is played through Bluetooth from Pandora, and I couldn't be happier with that setup. May you have many safe years with that car Bucky. My Mama used to say "Never drive faster than your Guardian Angel can fly."

Thank you Cheryl, Andy, CG, K-L, and Casey again.

Andy, I'm going to have to do the CD to thumb drive transfer.

CG, that's a nice way of thinking of the end of my old truck, that it'll help someone else out.

Casey, my old 4x4 Ford was a tank in the snow. I always got a parking spot in the city during and for a few days after big snowstorms since I could park on top of 2 or 3 foot, salt hardened piles of plowed snow. Lol, the truck was sometimes leaning on a 30° or more angle like it was rock climbing, but it was a legal parking spot.

Actually, the hardest part of my commute in a snowstorm is the last 150 feet. My driveway is really steep and gets icy from lack of sunshine, plus the snow often drifts up to 4 feet deep at the end of the driveway at the street as it cuts through a rock wall/ mounded earth that terraces my front yard above the street.
Add to that the pile of hardened snow the town's snowplows dump across everyone's driveways.

I used to back up across the street, then gun it to blast through the snow wall, then the hood high drift to get up the driveway.

It was actually fun, but I won't be doing that anymore with the new car.

Last edited:
Maybe it's just me, but that didn't seem all that cryptic.

Being on holiday is a pretty common term in other English speaking countries.

Lol, Taxy. You even used their idiom to explain your question.

Having chronic pain can be distracting and sometimes leads to cognitive difficulties.

It took me awhile to realize hols meant holidays.

Last edited:

I'm familiar with the word holidays for vacation. I just never heard anyone abbreviate it before. For all I knew "hols" was some kind of vehicle. Whose idiom is "the penny dropped"? Other English speaking countries? You do realize I'm in one of those "other English speaking countries" eh?

Thank you Cheryl, Andy, CG, K-L, and Casey again.

Andy, I'm going to have to do the CD to thumb drive transfer.

Casey, my old 4x4 Ford was a tank in the snow. I always got a parking spot in the city during and for a few days after big snowstorms since I could park on top of 2 or 3 foot, salt hardened piles of plowed snow. Lol, the truck was sometimes leaning on a 30° or more angle like it was rock climbing, but it was a legal parking spot.

Actually, the hardest part of my commute in a snowstorm is the last 150 feet. My driveway is really steep and gets icy from lack of sunshine, plus the snow often drifts up to 4 feet deep at the end of the driveway at the street as it cuts through a rock wall/ mounded earth that terraces my front yard above the street.

I can guarantee that there is no better AWD system than Audi's quattro system. In a close second place would be Subaru's AWD. But, beyond that, any AWD is WAY better than 2WD. I think you will be happy with what you bought.

My 2004 Audi allroad was the best. I took it to Crystal Beach once, and spent half the time pulling cars/trucks/SUVs out of the sand. I had summer street tires on it, too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FMCcqa5wO_U

CD

Learning to work my TV all over..

Dropped Cable TV, kept their internet and bought an indoor antenna.. Had The Geek Squad come to set up the Smart TV.. They also set up Netflix, Prime, YouTube and Pandora..

I'm trying out SlingTV with a sports package and cloud for recording..

Should have most everything we watch, on a regular basis..

Ross

Sounds like a good plan, Ross.

Last day on the CLE; we decided to go out on a high note. Spending time at the Cleveland Museum of Art, visiting the Georgia O'Keefe exhibit.
IMG_20190109_172908284.jpgMVIMG_20190109_173338356.jpgIMG_20190109_173747160.jpg

Dropped Cable TV, kept their internet and bought an indoor antenna.. Had The Geek Squad come to set up the Smart TV.. They also set up Netflix, Prime, YouTube and Pandora..

Ross

Do you find this cheaper than cable?

Ross

Lol, uh oh, Ross is a slinger.

You should meet some of my neighbors. :huh:

Back
Top Bottom