What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I've been spending some quality time dealing with a lost wallet. :mad:

I got my replacement credit card today, and expect my debit card tomorrow. Then comes the replacement driver's license. I have to do that in person, and have 15 forms of identification and two witnesses (exaggerating, but not by a lot). That's going to waste most of a day.

CD

Wow, your middle name is Susan?

I just found it on an Intellius search.

I'm beginning to understand now.

Btw, why are you spending so much money on eBay for inflatable dolls...

I really enjoy her work CG. Visiting her fabulous works in Santa Fe was a real treat. Don't miss it if you ever get a chance.
https://www.okeeffemuseum.org/
I never knew she was such an accomplished seamstress, Kayelle. :ohmy: I love her flower paintings. I've grown to appreciate her Santa Fe period. We would like to get back to Santa Fe for more than a day - that's all the time we had on a return trip after depositing Goober at college in Phoenix.

What a pain in the posterior, casey. I hope you don't have to bring your parents into the RMV to verify that you are who you say you are. ;)

Not far off...I had to take in a copy of my birth certificate, first marriage license 1977, divorce decree from 1980 and my marriage license from 1984. Basically any paperwork that showed a name change.

Do you find this cheaper than cable?

For me, no...

My original intent was to have internet only and then use the add-ons I listed..

I was told I had to have an internet plus bundle, which is Tivo and local channels (8).. That turned out to be $98 per month and I still had nothing besides my Netflix, Prime and Pandora..

I found out that I CAN have internet only so I dropped the "bundle", bought an antenna and added sling tv.. That made my monthly $105 but with a ton of options I did not have with the bundle.. Plus, I have, for the most part, only channels we actually watch..

Disclaimer: I do not figure in my Prime and Netflix in my monthly TV costs as I have had those a long time and they are not included in my monthly TV bill.. I even had those when I was with Uverse, Direct TV and Dish, in the past..

So... No savings but overall better value.. No matter what you do with TV, you have to have internet and the big companies know this so, the rates go up on stand alone internet..

Ross

Last edited:
I never knew she was such an accomplished seamstress, Kayelle. :ohmy: I love her flower paintings. I've grown to appreciate her Santa Fe period. We would like to get back to Santa Fe for more than a day - that's all the time we had on a return trip after depositing Goober at college in Phoenix.

CG, take a look at this video from the link I left..."A Life in Art"

https://www.okeeffemuseum.org/video/

For me, no...

My original intent was to have internet only and then use the add-ons I listed..

I was told I had to have an internet plus bundle, which is Tivo and local channels (8).. That turned out to be $98 per month and I still had nothing besides my Netflix, Prime and Pandora..

I found out that I CAN have internet only so I dropped the "bundle", bought an antenna and added sling tv.. That made my monthly $105 but with a ton of options I did not have with the bundle.. Plus, I have, for the most part, only channels we actually watch..

Disclaimer: I do not figure in my Prime and Netflix in my monthly TV costs as I have had those a long time and they are not included in my monthly TV bill.. I even had those when I was with Uverse, Direct TV and Dish, in the past..

So... No savings but overall better value.. No matter what you do with TV, you have to have internet and the big companies know this so, the rates go up on stand alone internet..

Ross

I have internet only from my cable company, but you can't get it, anymore. I was grandfathered in.

I got DirecTV Now through my AppleTV system a couple of months ago. Not sure I'f I'll keep it. I don't use it a whole lot.

CD

Put some bling on my truck. Out the old in the with new. Rid of the old rusty chrome to some nice shiny stainless steel. MVIMG_20190109_095530.jpgIMG_20190109_162713.jpg

Well, the best way to find something you lost is to stop looking for it.

I found my wallet. I just looked down, and there it was. I must have overlooked it a half-dozen times when I was actively looking for it. It is a black wallet, and it was on something black in the shadows next to my desk. I had no reason to look down there today -- I just did, and this time I saw it.

Oh well, now I have a shiny new credit cars, and a shiny new debit card. At least I don't have to get a new DL.

CD

Well, the best way to find something you lost is to stop looking for it.

I found my wallet. I just looked down, and there it was. I must have overlooked it a half-dozen times when I was actively looking for it. It is a black wallet, and it was on something black in the shadows next to my desk. I had no reason to look down there today -- I just did, and this time I saw it.

Oh well, now I have a shiny new credit cars, and a shiny new debit card. At least I don't have to get a new DL.

CD

If you put a Taylor Ham label on it, you would never have lost it.

Just sayin'...

My leased condo is right off a golf course fairway. A golf ball shot got sliced into my kitchen bay double paned window while I was standing next to it. The mini blinds were closed. Even tho errant golf balls occasionally hit the building's side, this was the first time one smashed my kitchen bay window. For a few seconds afterwards, I didn't know what had happened! :ohmy: :LOL:

I just now taped Saran wrap over the exposed parts until it can get replaced. Heh, comes with the territory I suppose. I'm glad the mini blinds were in the closed position to shield me.

Last edited:
Wow Caslon! I'm glad the blinds were shut. Will you have to pay for window repair or is that covered some other way?

The owners insurance will cover it. After the $250-$450 deductible. The owner had a spare slider window on hand (just for this possible occurrence), but the part that got shattered was the stationary part of the kitchen bay window.

If just the slider window had gotten shattered, I could have removed it, gotten out the replacement window from the closet and installed it myself, within an hour.

Unfortunately for the owner, it was the stationary part of the bay window that got shattered.

Last edited:
We are planning a trip out to Boise Idaho this summer. We have stops planned for the trip out. On the way home we are cutting across the middle of Wyoming. Just winging it. I will probably have more hours on the computer planning than we will on the entire trip!

I have had my TV cable box for more than 15 years. I keep losing my picture and it screws up all the time. So they want ME to bring it back to them and they will exchange it for the latest and greatest. Oh, and one more thing. I can get a discount for the elderly but they want identification showing when I was born.

"Mam, I have one leg and I am in a wheelchair. I am almost 80 years old."

So tomorrow a repair man will be here to swap out my cable box (at no charge) for the latest and greatest. And I have to give him proof of my age. I will give him a picture of my Identification issued by the State.

Is it just me? It seems the older I get, the more demands are placed on me. Pirate and Spike have been looking into different programs for "cord cutters." I will keep my Internet with Comcast, but get rid of the TV part. They keep adding blocks of stations that I will NEVER be watching. "Financing with Wall Street"? I don't even know anyone who can use that information. Nor do I want to see the lives of transvestites. There is a whole block of about five channels for that subject.

Every time they add a new block of channels, my monthly bill goes up. I don't even have the option of refusal. I HATE COMCAST. RCN is already in parts of Boston. It is here in Eastie, but right now only in Spanish.

I think I will have to give them a call and find out an approximate date of when we will get it in English. Everyone I have known that has RCN, is very happy with it. I want to be happy also.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom