"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 12-13-2013, 06:01 AM   #15491
Chef Extraordinaire

Not much snow overnight, but the wind drifted part of my driveway again, so... I'll be snow blowing again this morning. Right now I am drinking coffee.

Old 12-13-2013, 06:20 AM   #15492
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by pacanis View Post
Not much snow overnight, but the wind drifted part of my driveway again, so... I'll be snow blowing again this morning. Right now I am drinking coffee.
No new snow here, windy and bitter cold!

Over four feet of snow on the Tug Hill Plateau, just north of here, I would have to move!

Just finished making a big pot of bean soup, the cupboard ain't bare, but nothing very exciting in it.

I never did make it to Walmart, I need to make a store run when the temp. breaks out of the teens!

Old 12-13-2013, 06:39 AM   #15493
Executive Chef

PF, I hope things go well with the surgeon. Hugs coming your way!
Old 12-13-2013, 07:35 AM   #15494
Head Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessFiona60 View Post
Going to bed, have THE appointment with the surgeon in the morning and have to drag the Ogre with me. There will be a battle for the bathroom in the AM.
I hope the medical folks taking care of you are as kind and really caring to you as you are to your 'clientele.' More good vibes from way down here.
Old 12-13-2013, 08:07 AM   #15495
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Hoping for the best, PF!
Old 12-13-2013, 08:34 AM   #15496
Chef Extraordinaire

Everyone needs one to watch out for them. Here's yours. Good luck PF.

It must really cold out. My heat keeps kicking on about every five minutes. I managed to get enough sleep last night that I should be able to accomplish something today. When the Pirate was here the other night, I had the sink empty except for my very large white bowl. He shows up and used two frying pans to cook himself something to eat. And just left the mess for me to clean up. I hope he shows up tonight because I have some work for him to do.
Old 12-13-2013, 08:38 AM   #15497
Executive Chef

When my kids were teens, they were taught "if you're not going to clean up after yourself, you're not allowed to cook anything." We did not have a dishwasher. Since I was working, I ran a tight ship with them. To this day, they clean up after themselves as soon as they eat.
Old 12-13-2013, 08:48 AM   #15498
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aunt Bea View Post
No new snow here, windy and bitter cold!

Over four feet of snow on the Tug Hill Plateau, just north of here, I would have to move!

Just finished making a big pot of bean soup, the cupboard ain't bare, but nothing very exciting in it.

I never did make it to Walmart, I need to make a store run when the temp. breaks out of the teens!
Well I ended up snowblowing the whole thing again. There was a lot more drifting than I thought. This stupid wind from the south is to blame.
And I also need to make a run to Wally World. I need a 10" round cake pan. Maybe I can put a few more items on my list to make the trip worth it. The other day it was right in and right out with just the bungees I needed. I know I still need olive oil. That's one more item anyway.
Old 12-13-2013, 08:50 AM   #15499
Certified Pretend Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by pacanis View Post
Well I ended up snowblowing the whole thing again. There was a lot more drifting than I thought. This stupid wind from the south is to blame...

Can you put a stretch of snow fence along that side to stop the snow's drifting in the driveway?
Old 12-13-2013, 08:57 AM   #15500
Chef Extraordinaire

I used to do just that, Andy. It really wasn't worth the effort. Unless it is positioned exactly right it can cause more/deeper drifting. And it looks like crap, lol.

« Petty Vents | - »