What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yep pinball time changes within the USA can be rough, but nothing compares to recovering from a nearly complete time zone change half way around the world from home. Odd it wasn't as bad traveling the same amount of hours west to New Zealand. Russia nearly killed me.

I've always been able to adjust pretty quickly on my trips to Europe. I haven't gone that far in the other direction.

CD

I never had much trouble with jet lag. I used to do one, sometimes two round trips a year when I lived in Japan. A couple hours of sleep, and I’d be okay.

My mom always had a problem with time zones, though.
Mom: what time is it there, bubbeleh?
Me: It’s 8:30 on Tuesday morning, Ma.
Mom: oh, that’s tomorrow! If Tuesday is the 21st here, is Tuesday the 22nd there?

Nothing. :ermm: Sadly, I've been excelling in "nothing" for far too long. It looks like my get-up-and-go has got-up-and-went. :LOL: I need to find it soon...

I always find my get up and go underneath the dustiest part of my home. Usually a place I can't reach and in need of a ten foot ladder or even higher.

Right now I have a sink full of dishes waiting for my attention. They are feeling very lonely and unloved.

Ladies, I say we rustle up a posse and go off on a get-up-and-go hunting party. Or, maybe, meet in the kinda-middle at Princess F's house and just party! :LOL:

I think my biggest problem I that I think of all the things I want to do, can't decide on which one, and just give up to goof off. That plan seems to have been working for years...

A snow shoveling party...no takers??? LOL No way into or out of town today.

Ladies, I say we rustle up a posse and go off on a get-up-and-go hunting party. Or, maybe, meet in the kinda-middle at Princess F's house and just party! :LOL:

I think my biggest problem I that I think of all the things I want to do, can't decide on which one, and just give up to goof off. That plan seems to have been working for years...

I never knew I had so many twin sisters til I joined DC!

A snow shoveling party...no takers??? LOL No way into or out of town today.

Right now I'm using a bloody heavy pick axe to carve a way thru the ice into the barn. Geese may be waterfowl but snow and ice aren't exactly swim-able.

Guess that party's gonna have to wait for our snow & ice to melt, Princess.

Snow-shoveling party? Lol, sorry. I don't even have the right clothes :ROFLMAO: I'll be the one inside making coffee, tea and a hearty lunch.

Right now it's sunny and 67°F and I'm sitting on the porch eating leftover pizza for lunch. (I took this photo yesterday. It looks the same today ;))
20190313_171229.jpg

Last edited:
Just finished addressing and signing/commenting on all the birthday, anniversary, etc. cards for April, May and June.

I buy all the necessary cards quarterly at Dollar Tree to make sure no one is forgotten on a special day.

The "to be mailed" date is written where the stamp goes and they're kept in date order in a little brass mail rack in the kitchen.

The majority of family members live, in some cases, states away so we keep the mail carrier busy. We also will never be accused of missing any of the grands' birthdays.

Been doing this for as long as I can remember and it has worked well.

Beautiful, no wind day so we took a little road trip, antique shopping..

I found a small (6") Angel Food Cake pan..

Have to find my small batch angel food cake recipe.. :yum:

Ross

Working on Income Tax and forms for the disability credit. I have been stalling on that one because it puts me in a category that I haven't always been able to face. But we could use it and to be honest, I really do need help. With the tax credit, we can get my home care aid back and for more hours.

I'm catching up on my sleep.

My oil light in my car had been going off and on and when I went to get the trailer, I checked the oil on the way and while I had a hard time reading the dip stick, I decided to put a few quarts in.

Last Thursday I went to pick up a cheap dollhouse (I can put it on eBay for double the price) and the oil light was going on again. I checked the dipstick, the oil still looked low, so I put another quart in. Then coming home, the oil light went on again.

So now I decided to stop by my mechanic on the way home to make sure I really need oil because this has got me suspicious. He looks at the oil and tells me I'm way overfilled on it. Then to his credit, he manages not to laugh when I point out the dipstick I've been checking: my transmission fluid.

Yeah, no, I don't think I'm going to live this one down soon. :glare:

So between going to bed at 5am and having to get up at the crack of dawn first to go get the dollhouse, then I had to get up to be at Jiffy Lube at 8am on Friday morning to get some oil drained. And I couldn't sleep for the rest of the day Friday or Friday night. I don't know why.

But the good news is I finally got some sleep yesterday and last night. And I'm finally going to bed early tonight because tomorrow I need to finally transfer that trailer over to my name, hit the grocery store, pick up my prescription, and do laundry. I won't have time for naps tomorrow.

Last edited:
It's 9:30PM here, and I'm heading for the recliner. *yawn*

Tyler is on spring break from school this week and will be here at 7 tomorrow morning. I made a batch of pancakes this evening. It's a thing here when he comes over early. I'd rather make them ahead of time, then all I have to do is reheat them in the morning. And yes, 7AM is early to me :LOL:. I may be up, but I don't want to do much in the kitchen that early except pour a cup of coffee. :ohmy::LOL:

Last edited:
....getting caught up with online stuff. The whole town has been without internet for 2-3 days. Evidently a fiber optic line to a cell tower was cut, at least that's what 'they're' saying. Fortunately I was one of the ones who still had cell phone and land line service, but many others didn't. 911 calls were iffy at best and being re-routed to another number. :ohmy: Yikes. Ya never know how much you depend on internet and cell/phone service until you're without it. :ermm::ohmy:

It's 2.36pm Monday arvo here and i am just about to prep dinner, just folded and put the washing away, been a pretty lazy day, busy day tomorrow

Today is the day!!! I am going to be fitted for my new leg. My appointment is at one p.m. And I am so nervous. I keep hoping and praying it all comes out right.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom