What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
You sexist pig. : tongue: [emoji38]

Actually, I bet many women can understand, too. When I still did yard work, I would toss a bottle of beer into the freezer, hop into the shower, get into fresh clothing, and enjoy that well deserved adult beverage while relaxing on the porch and sipping my cold one.

I am with you on that. I may not drink alcoholic beverages, but there are times when a man wants or needs to have that ice cold beer. The look of satisfaction on his face with that first sip, tells the whole story.

Grabbing my purse and coat - going to go get some Lotto tickets...

Both my dog and the cat listened to me when I screeched

LEAVE THAT SKUNK ALONE! COME BACK HERE! NOW! NOW!

Grabbing my purse and coat - going to go get some Lotto tickets...

Both my dog and the cat listened to me when I screeched

LEAVE THAT SKUNK ALONE! COME BACK HERE! NOW! NOW!
Remember me if you hit the jack pot..

I'm just sitting down for the first time in 10 hours. we've had catering every day this week in addition to our usual busy deli service..I'm still short some competent people so it's double duty..off to band rehearsal in a few minutes..hope I don't fall asleep behind the drum kit..

Last edited:
If you win the Lotto, you may want to visit Texas. I'm a pretty good cook and I have a new fence. :D

CD

That crazy skunk hung around in the back yard until dusk - about an hour 'n a-half... was seriously thinking of loading up the .22 with birdshot to shoo it away.

Couldn't do it - was just a baby. I kept asking him if he couldn't hear his mommy calling, she wanted him to get home before dark.

Well, the fence is done. Not big fence, but galvanized steel posts, all cedar lumber, and stainless steel screws -- no nails. This fence should outlive me.

Shorts, sleeveless shirt, dirty, sweaty, and feeling very manly. Doing this kind of job is therapy for me. No customer to tell me to do it the stupid way. My project. My rules.

My neighbor is paying for half of the cost of materials. All-in-all, a good day. Now I can plant my pepper and herb garden.

CD

That looks really nice, Casey.

Bought a wheeled grocery carrier at my local Lowes improvement store today. I have a detached garage. I was used to hauling all my heavy bags of groceries all at once in one trip with two hands, to avoid having to walk out to my detached garage again.

With my recent back injuries, I have to stop doing what I could when I was younger. The strength is there, but the infrastructure is starting to wane. Especially if a sedentary lifestyle.

Last edited:
Bought a wheeled grocery carrier at my local Lowes improvement store today. I have a detached garage. I was used to hauling all my heavy bags of groceries all at once in one trip with two hands, to avoid having to walk out to my detached garage again.

With my recent back injuries, I have to stop doing what I could when I was younger. The strength is there, but the infrastructure is starting to wane. Especially if a sedentary lifestyle.

I know what you mean. With my wrist surgery, I cannot lift heavy bags with my right hand. More trips bak and forth to the car.

Just got done cutting up and spicing about 16 pounds of pork for andouille. We'll probably grind, stuff and smoke Sunday, with a couple of pounds bagged for uncooked bulk.

Hi guys and gals:LOL:
Long time no chat...Been a very hectic few weeks.It's not like I haven't been stopping by having my morning cup of coffee.I just haven't had time to finish my cup or post anything.

I got a new puppy for my birthday. I named him Butters.:LOL::ROFLMAO:
He's a sweet little guy. A long haired Chihuahua. He stole my heart.
And to think I asked for a Beta fish first.:ROFLMAO::ohmy:

He and the house have had me running around.Butters fractured his back leg that required splints be put in.Hopefully tomorrow they can be removed.

The house has been more of a problem. It all started with a breaker.
I'm now in debt up to my eyeballs.:rolleyes::ermm: Freezer,fridge, washing machine.
If one more thing breaks or fries I'll be living in my truck.It would be cheaper. LOL!

Munky.

Last edited:
I'm now in debt up to my eyeballs.:rolleyes::ermm: Freezer,fridge, washing machine.
If one more thing breaks or fries I'll be living in my truck.It would be cheaper. LOL!

Munky.

I know the feeling. My house is now 18 years old, so things are failing left and right. Mother nature hasn't helped, with bees and squirrels taking up residence in my attic, and doing their share of damage.

I've already replaced my water heater, first floor AC system, and the washer and dryer. The second floor AC system is on borrowed time. The fridge is 25 years old, but still runs as of ten minutes ago. :ermm:

It's always something. :(

CD

Hi guys and gals:LOL:
Long time no chat...Been a very hectic few weeks.It's not like I haven't been stopping by having my morning cup of coffee.I just haven't had time to finish my cup or post anything.

I got a new puppy for my birthday. I named him Butters.:LOL::ROFLMAO:
He's a sweet little guy. A long haired Chihuahua. He stole my heart.
And to think I asked for a Beta fish first.:ROFLMAO::ohmy:

He and the house have had me running around.Butters fractured his back leg that required splints be put in.Hopefully tomorrow they can be removed.

Munky.

Hi there, Munky....sure is good to hear from you again! Been thinking of you. Glad you have a new little pup, and hope Butters (love that name!) recovers soon. Have you moved yet? Like you and Casey, I've been having my share of homeowner issues...in the next week or so there will be roofers from dawn to dusk replacing my roof. Will be good to get it done, though.

Check in when you can, you've been missed!

Well, I did it again.

Last night I was laying down watching television. I went to sit up and I went into a full blown A Fib event. I was going to take a shot of the nitro. (Found out after, it was a good thing I didn't.) So I just sat there taking in deep breaths, trying to get as much oxygen into my system. No such luck. I kept my eye on the clock. Waited about 35 minutes, told Pirate to call 911. He got dressed as fast as he could. By then my heart had slowed down to a regular beat and nice and quiet. So Pirate got undressed and went back to bed. Ten minutes later the event kicked in again. Call 911. The EMT in the ambulance had a horrible time trying to get an IV started in me. Now such luck. So when I arrived at the ER, my nurse tried, and then the doctor tried, and finally a special IV nurse was called in. No luck. By then a doctor wanted to do it in my neck. Not the first time I have had an IV there. But the second IV nurse wanted to try first. AHA! It is in and functioning!! Then they wanted a second one just in case that one failed. Here we go again. The second IV nurse tried on the other arm and it went in. I got an injection of medication that brought my BP back to normal. Stayed the night there and came home today.

I am now fine and trying to get some sleep. I didn't sleep at the ER. So I don't understand why I am now wide awake. Sooner or later I will collapse into a deep sleep. I am going to take my morning meds before I fall asleep. Because I know Pirate won't be able to wake me enough to take them later in the morning. All my heart meds are taken in the morning. The rest of the day are all surplus. Including the ones for pain, which I never take. Don't need them. Don't want them. Right now I think I am the only patient who is not seeking pain meds or trying to gain weight instead of losing it. I know I lost a couple of pounds overnight. I tried my watch on a few minutes ago and it now hangs loose on my wrist. Whereas before it was a perfect fit. Oh well. Will have to stuff my face in the morning. When I am the least hungry.

Back
Top Bottom