"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 12-14-2013, 07:48 AM   #15541
Chef Extraordinaire

I am sitting here waiting until 9:30 comes. I need to go up to the church to find out something I don't want to know.

Last night Spike was walking Teddy on Saratoga Street. He passes by the house of the woman who started the Church Food Bank many years ago. She also does volunteer work every day of the week. She runs the knitting group at Winthrop two days a week.

As he approached her house, there was a fire engine. Not a good sign. One fire truck indicates 'medical' emergency. Just as he got near the door the fire fighters came out and the ambulance pulled up. Spike heard them say, "She coded." A young couple live on the first floor. Marilyn is in her late 80's. The paramedics didn't even bother to take the gurney out of the ambulance.

So I will go up to the church to find out if it was her. Something I don't want to know.

Old 12-14-2013, 07:49 AM   #15542
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katie H View Post
Getting ready to give my hands a hot wax treatment. The arthritis this morning is just too much. They hurt so much I could barely hold my silverware to eat breakfast. Time to do something; anything. So I'm going to try the hot wax to see if that gives me any relief. Something's gotta give. I have things to do today.
Could you please tell me what kind of hot wax treatment you use? Thanks

Old 12-14-2013, 08:39 AM   #15543
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Somebunny View Post
Watching the Canadian Tenors on TV. OMG! (Sorry Addie). There was a little girl just singing Silent night, she couldn't have been more than 10 (I didn't hear her introduction). She was incredible she had the voice of a mature woman! Just beautiful!

I believe that was Jackie Evancho. She is 13, from Pittsburgh and gained national popularity after coming in second on America's Got Talent. There are videos of her singing on Utube, but I don't know how to post a Utube video here. Isn't she amazing?

Jackie Evancho - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Old 12-14-2013, 09:58 AM   #15544
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

I've decided to look at this surgery as the best Christmas present I could give myself, Shrek and family this year. Makes me not dread it so much, even though I want it over with.

Thanks for all the support!
Old 12-14-2013, 10:05 AM   #15545
Senior Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessFiona60 View Post
I've decided to look at this surgery as the best Christmas present I could give myself, Shrek and family this year. Makes me not dread it so much, even though I want it over with. Thanks for all the support!
Happy healing vibes sent to you! Once the surgery is over you will feel so much better! I will keep you, Shrek and the rest of your family in my prayers.
Old 12-14-2013, 10:13 AM   #15546
Master Chef

Quote:
I've decided to look at this surgery as the best Christmas present I could give myself, Shrek and family this year. Makes me not dread it so much, even though I want it over with.

I'm sure you will do fine with the surgery!

A month home alone with Shrek, ask for plenty of narcotics and keep a pillow handy!

I'll be thinking about you!
Old 12-14-2013, 10:16 AM   #15547
Senior Cook

Sitting at the table drinking my first coffee of the day. Today is a day for baking and laundry, have my first load in the wash, and trying to decide which cookies to make first.
Old 12-14-2013, 10:31 AM   #15548
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:

That's a great way to look at it Best wishes for the best possible outcome.
Old 12-14-2013, 10:32 AM   #15549
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawgluver View Post
I've heard of milk-dunking and coffee- dunking, but never tea-dunking. Makes sense though.
The absolute best *biccies for dunking in tea are hard ginger "nuts". They absorb just enough tea but you don't end up with soggy crumbs in the bottom of the cup' Other biscuits are good but you have to judge the length of immersion to a fine point.

Perhaps some student somewhere could write his or her PhD thesis on dunking biscuits/cookies.
Old 12-14-2013, 10:42 AM   #15550
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toffiffeezz View Post
Happy healing vibes sent to you! Once the surgery is over you will feel so much better! I will keep you, Shrek and the rest of your family in my prayers.
Thank you, Toffi!