What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I am sitting in this wheelchair waiting for my pain meds to kick in. Sitting in this chair, as much as I love it, all day long kills my back. Pirate will cook my supper for me when I get hungry. I had a small bowl of pasta earlier today, and I think the pain meds not only go for the back, but also any hunger pains I may get.

I could be doing some of the housework that needs doing. But that is not a fun activity for me. So here I sit. Oh joy!!

Uh oh! The pain meds have kicked in and I am feeling very sleepy. Nighty nite!

Last edited:
4.13 pm here on Sunday arvo, cooking a half ham, kids coming with pasta salad and roast vege salad. I'm doing the ham and twice fried chips.

Russ

We are finishing the prep of D&SIL's home for the arrival of grandson, his wife and two boys in Missouri..

They have finally decided to move here and we are all very happy.. :)

D&SIL's home will be a zoo until the kids move into their own home but, it will be a fun zoo.. Glad that Jeannie and I have our own place... :LOL:

Ross

Very proud of our cub scout pack. Once a year we volunteer at the local food bank. Our scouts collected enough food for each family that came though to get 45 items.

Pictured is the trailer full of supplies they collected and delivered a few weeks ago to flood victims. My boy is all the way to the right in the blue shirt.

Attachments

• 54432298_1316066378518451_7289296672318816256_n.jpg
    54432298_1316066378518451_7289296672318816256_n.jpg
    82.8 KB · Views: 91
Very proud of our cub scout pack. Once a year we volunteer at the local food bank. Our scouts collected enough food for each family that came though to get 45 items.

Pictured is the trailer full of supplies they collected and delivered a few weeks ago to flood victims. My boy is all the way to the right in the blue shirt.

Glad to hear about all the good work your cub scouts have done. They are never too young to learn that there are other folks and families that are not as fortunate as they are. They sound like a great bunch of children. No wonder you are proud.

Whoever said "Pride goeth before the fall" didn't know what they were talking about. That person needs to meet your Cub Scouts!

Great pic, Jon!

Heading out to the back yard to play catch with my very active grandson. :ermm::LOL: Beautiful afternoon for it.

We are finishing the prep of D&SIL's home for the arrival of grandson, his wife and two boys in Missouri..

They have finally decided to move here and we are all very happy.. :)

D&SIL's home will be a zoo until the kids move into their own home but, it will be a fun zoo.. Glad that Jeannie and I have our own place... :LOL:

Ross

Don't know how I missed this Ross..but congrats! Very nice that you have more family joining you. Yep, I hear ya on having your own place. :ermm::LOL:

Farmer Jon, a tip of the Girl Scout beret to those scouts for their caring. :heart:

They have finally decided to move here and we are all very happy.. :)...
That's wonderful, Ross! Nothing better than family, as long as you all get along together. :LOL: BTW, I see you work on art projects at about the same speed I do. ;)

What am I doing? Absolutely nuthin'! It's a damp, cold, penetratingly chilly day. A great day to lay under the bed covers and read, or flop on a chair, pull a woven throw over yourself and binge-watch TV. Or drink. Coffee and tea right now, but I have a feeling we'll be on to the Bourbon and wine later tonight. For, you know, medicinal purposes. :cool:

Waking up....:huh:
Can't think yet of what's supposed to be done today. Probably nothing.
With any luck..

Glad April is almost over. In this house it's like Christmas.
Celebrated hubby's birthday yesterday. We grilled up some steaks.
We're really getting into watching Hockey. I know nothing about the game.
The lingo they used "Chicklets" cracked me up!:ohmy::ROFLMAO::LOL:
So we watched the game.

Ok, so now I found something to do while saying nothing here.
Check the game schedule. Who's playing tonight?

Munky.

Fall of 2018 painting project finally done, April 2019.. :wacko:

Ross

Wow that's a beautiful butterfly!

Did you paint that from a kit or freestyle it?
If it's a kit I want one to..:cool:

My Mom Cave:

The corner of the garage that's now my craft area. I staked my claim on it. Those that dare enter while I'm working treads silently.
It's a pretty cool set up. My guys even put up a flat screen tv for me. Wasn't that nice of them?

Munky.

Wow that's a beautiful butterfly!

Did you paint that from a kit or freestyle it?

If it's a kit I want one to..:cool:

My Mom Cave:

The corner of the garage that's now my craft area. I staked my claim on it. Those that dare enter while I'm working treads silently.
It's a pretty cool set up. My guys even put up a flat screen tv for me. Wasn't that nice of them?

Munky.

Thank you.. :)
Its a butterfly I picked up @ the local Tuesday Mornings branch..
It was mounted on something (forgot what) but I only wanted the butterfly.. I sprayed it white and then black to freestyle paint it with acrylic paints..

Ross

Ross

Ever so many moons ago, when the kids were small, they all loved and still do, Chinese Egg Rolls. So I need a spider. I am on the hunt for one with the lowest cost and wooden handle.

A girlfriend told me at one time to make sure it has a wooden handle. The reason being is that if you are constantly dipping the spider into hot fat to retrieve the food, eventually the heat travels up a metal handle and you have to waste time for it to cool down enough to handle. Wise words and I paid attention. She also told me to make sure the basket has holes large enough for any covering foods that come loose can fall through the more open basket.

I am in the mood for egg rolls. And so are Pirate and Spike.

Also last Wednesday I went for my final fitting for my new leg. Tyler really put me through my paces. So now my stump is ever so sore. According to him, it will toughen up and I should do fine. Also Tyler is coming to Eastie to train myself, Pirate and the staff at PT in how to use and care for my new leg.

When I told Tyler about how my kids absolutely refused to pamper me in any way, all I got from him was a "Good, and I am going to do the same. No sympathy here either." Right now the leg and all the equipment that goes with it is sitting in the corner right where I see it as soon as I open my eyes.

Now I remember where the lock is for the knee part to bend, I just forgot how to do it. Oh dear!!! I am in trouble. But I am going to be able to get back into my kitchen and cook foods I enjoy making.

Farmer Jon, a tip of the Girl Scout beret to those scouts for their caring. :heart:

That's wonderful, Ross! Nothing better than family, as long as you all get along together. :LOL: BTW, I see you work on art projects at about the same speed I do. ;)

What am I doing? Absolutely nuthin'! It's a damp, cold, penetratingly chilly day. A great day to lay under the bed covers and read, or flop on a chair, pull a woven throw over yourself and binge-watch TV. Or drink. Coffee and tea right now, but I have a feeling we'll be on to the Bourbon and wine later tonight. For, you know, medicinal purposes. :cool:

What is going on with our weather this past month. Rain, rain and if that is not enough, more rain.

Addie, I buy spiders from Asian stores. They are usually inexpensive. Don't you have a China Town or at least an Asian grocery not too far away? BTW, a bamboo handle would be just as good as wood.

Addie, I buy spiders from Asian stores. They are usually inexpensive. Don't you have a China Town or at least an Asian grocery not too far away? BTW, a bamboo handle would be just as good as wood.

Yes, we do. But I would have to take two buses and one train to get into downtown Boston. So Amazon it will have to be. I used to run to Chinatown for my lunch hour during my working days. I miss going in town so much. There is always something going on.

You are right. I should have used the word "bamboo".

Recovering from a busy day

It was baking weather, so I got busy. Made banana nut bread and strawberry shortcake biscuits. Used a couple of the biscuits for shortcakes for dessert. And supper, Philly cheesesteak sandwiches, took forever to prep all the veggies and the meat - sliced thin from steak. Besides all that, I took our 6-count package of English muffins I had bought last week (planned on Eggs Benedict, but...) and turned them all into better-than-McMuffins. Four of those went in the freezer, the other two ended up in our tummies. :yum:

Now to read and sip wine. :yum:

Looking for portable a/c units for the master bedroom.

I'm a little confused about the venting. Some units say no venting required yet they show the venting tube attached to the window???

We have a sliding glass window.

Another thing people say is some units leak.

I'm looking at this one.

https://www.amazon.com/MIDEA-MPF08C...s+portable,electronics,207&sr=1-1-spons&psc=1

Can a hose be clamped to a bucket for drainage?

Confused as usual..:ROFLMAO:

Munky.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom