What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Nowhere near close enough, Addie. :ermm: And NO, I have not grown to love MA. In fact, I miss OH more and more each day. It's just taking us way longer to work on the house than we thought. Time to part with money and get it fixed the way we would do ourselves if Himself's back wasn't hurting and my lower joints didn't hurt so much. Still, I think it hurts even more to part with the money. :LOL:

I can understand your homesickness. I have left Mass five times and three years was the longest I was gone. Getting ready to leave and sell a home you have built yourselves, is a big project. Good Luck and I hope you can return to your roots real soon. But once you move, just remember DC. At least we will always be here waiting to hear about how happy you are to be home again. Will you be planning to build again or just buying a home that is on the market?

Our daughter just moved home tonight. She's done with her sophomore year at the University of Minnesota. 3 1/2 hours N. of home. New adjustments for all. It's nice having her home.

Gee, I remember when she was just 14 y.o.

In the event should she still wants to go to Salem during Halloween, I will gladly give her Pirate's email address, (he gave me his permission) and he will tell her what to attend and what to avoid. Some events are a must and some are boring. Some events you pay for and some are free. His advice for right now is to make her reservations a year in advance. That is a must. Pirate has been several times and had a blast each time. The Witches Circle is a must. Of course we are within driving distance and about 20-25 minutes away with traffic. So he and his friends would just jump in the car and off they would go for a night of fun.

I can't believe she is actually old enough to attend this event on her own with other friends her age. It is very safe.

...But once you move, just remember DC...
Um, you do know that I pop up here wherever I am at any particular time, right? No reason for me to not bug you guys once we're back home. ;)
...Will you be planning to build again or just buying a home that is on the market?
I want to build. We've never, ever bought a "used" house. Besides, one-floor plans that aren't ancient and in desperate need of updates are very scarce on the resale market. Used homes around here were so very run down and expensive when we moved from OH it was more cost-effective to build. Less maintenance, too.

You DO realize that you ALL will know when the house is ready for market, right? :LOL: I'll probably start my own "vanity" thread with the first post being an image of the For Sale sign in front of our house. Until then, no need to ask if I'm getting close. :LOL:

In the event should she still wants to go to Salem during Halloween, I will gladly give her Pirate's email address, (he gave me his permission) and he will tell her what to attend and what to avoid. Some events are a must and some are boring. Some events you pay for and some are free. His advice for right now is to make her reservations a year in advance. That is a must. Pirate has been several times and had a blast each time. The Witches Circle is a must. Of course we are within driving distance and about 20-25 minutes away with traffic. So he and his friends would just jump in the car and off they would go for a night of fun.

I can't believe she is actually old enough to attend this event on her own with other friends her age. It is very safe.

You are so kind, Addie!
She's flying you to Boston to see her , long distance boyfriend, in July. I'll make sure & ask her though.
She's looking for a job for the summer now.
Late August will be here before we know it. Then she's back to college for her junior year.

You are so kind, Addie!
She's flying you to Boston to see her , long distance boyfriend, in July. I'll make sure & ask her though.
She's looking for a job for the summer now.
Late August will be here before we know it. Then she's back to college for her junior year.

Unfortunately, she will be in school during Halloween. So when she is ready for Salem, let me know. If she is willing to skip a few days of school in order to attend the going-ons in Salem, I will gladly send he what info she needs.

Unfortunately, she will be in school during Halloween. So when she is ready for Salem, let me know. If she is willing to skip a few days of school in order to attend the going-ons in Salem, I will gladly send he what info she needs.
Thank you so much!!

Thank you so much!!

You are most welcome. There is the Circle of Dance that the witches do. The purpose of it is to ward off evil or something along those lines. As an observer, you can make a personal request. Such as for passing an exam. Pirate knows more about it than I do.

We're watching a Rider Mower that caught fire
here in Kapiolani Park
IMG_4253.jpg

IMG_4254.jpg
... oops :ohmy:
No one was hurt, but HFD sent TWO
engines to put it out :huh:

Had awards night for the Cub Scouts. Zane is a Bear now.
Also Jasper graduated pre School. He will be in Kindergarten next year and joins Cub Scouts. Some of you will remember that he was allergic to almost everything when he was born. That was one reason why I joined this group. Now he has outgrown all of them. FB_IMG_1558604833435.jpgFB_IMG_1558605053366.jpg

Had awards night for the Cub Scouts. Zane is a Bear now.
Also Jasper graduated pre School. He will be in Kindergarten next year and joins Cub Scouts. Some of you will remember that he was allergic to almost everything when he was born. That was one reason why I joined this group. Now he has outgrown all of them.

Very good, Jon.. :)

Ross

I went to Rehab this morning and had a great day. I managed to walk across the room and sit down. Then unlocked the leg and walk across the room (futher) and stood for a couple of minutes on both legs. I am so syched.

I am now home and going in to take a nap.

Congrats Jon, on those fine boys going in good directions. We are beginning putting in the gardens. Our official planting date is next week. We are ahead on soy beans, potatoes, some onions. Peppers and tomatoes start going in next week. Then cucumbers, herb plants, chick peas after that. Carrots and beets. We are harvesting asparagus now.

I am still on a high from all I did this morning. Anyone need the house painted, CG, forget selling the house you are in now. I will build you a new one and you can rent this one out. No charge. Just let me know. One or two stories. With or without an attic or cellar. You can tell me what you want in your new house and it will be there.

Back
Top Bottom